Discussion + Poll: World Update IX: Italy (1.25.9.0)

No, that has not been previously suggested. It has been suggested that a large part is down to users. And I stand by that statement, since multiple cases got solved again on Discord today (which again were either incompatible mods, Windows not updated, old GPU drivers, etc)

Only a small part of a large group are still a lot of users.

I think that it is probably best if we just agree to disagree on this.

Like yourself I also stand by my comments and having made them I will move on :slightly_smiling_face:

I am a little astounded that you so steadfastly stick to the “if it is the sim, it is a bad mod or conflicting software like antivirus”. Jorg has very patently said that yes, there are severe stability issues with XBox. There is a whole flighting going on right now with enhanced diagnostics to capture memory and other data when a crash happens on XBox, in order to be able to determine what is going on. How do you explain that flighting for XBox if it obviously like you say and its totally the XBox users who have bad mods or bad software?

Just as a little background, I was originally an XBox user. But with all the crashes on XBox, over time more and more of my addons would stop working on XBox, you would purchase things on the Marketplace and not know if they would work or not. I got tired. I spent most of my last month trying to diagnose problems on XBox. I isolated and was able to replicate some problems. For example, if you have a city landmarks package like Chicago, NYC, or London, and also have the enchanced night lighting for that city loaded, trying to take off near the city will result in a CTD. You can however fly out of an airport a sufficient ways away from the city, then fly into the city at night, and see both addons work. This works perfectly fine on PC.

Other bugs are flying on XBox for a while, some users experience severe stutters after a while in flight. One bug I am able to reproduce on PC, do a leg of a bush trip. On the status screen that shows you total flight time and total take offs and landings, sit on that page for 15 minutes or so. Go get coffee, make lunch. Now try to Continue the bush trip from there. You will be flying the next leg at about 10FPS making it extremely unflyable. I can fly a whole bush trip in one sitting perfectly fine. But if I complete a leg and stay idle on the leg status screen for any segment of time longer than 10 minutes, then the sim becomes unusable. Doesnt matter what bush trip it is. It does this with the default ones too.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.