Discussion + Poll: World Update V (1.17.3.0)

Flown around a bit more. Great to see “handcrafted” castles and stadiums, but why did they use so much energy on creating these, but not on the Great Belt bridge in Denmark, which is a major landmark. Looks like a roller coaster.

7 Likes

This is just awful…

1 Like

Honestly 3D photogrammetry cities is what makes these world updates worthwhile and what sets this simulator apart from others. Without any new ones added, it feels like a pretty underwhelming update.

8 Likes

For some reason I cannot start the landing challenges in Isafjordur - they CTD while loading. Both the Live Event one and the regular one added to the challenges. Is anyone else experiencing this?

1 Like

Honestly, if we had the same texture quality everywhere on this WU, I will be happy enough, but it’s so far from it.

Yep. I’ve built a brand new PC just for the sim as well. And hardly any CTD’s whatsoever. There have been numerous tips posted on this forum that seem to have helped many people out. There’s even a whole topic dedicated to how many CTD’s everyone has. And the ‘common sense’ right now is that if one has many CTD’s there’s almost always something sitting in the community folder which is causing this. Hardly ever the core sim itself. I invite you to look it up. Or it is about trying to draw too much juice from the PC with overclocking.
What I also see is that many people are wanting to help when others run into trouble. But then one needs to want to put in the time and effort to troubleshoot.
So I feel sorry if you have many CTD’s and I would suggest that you maybe could post some more details in one of the appropriate topics that discuss these issues. And see which fellow simmer helps you out, hopefully.
All the best.

2 Likes

some are… you don’t seem to be alone.

Ah. There it is again. The u-word. In the past it was U-nstable, then U-nderperforming and now with this third buzzword we are definitely on a new level. This tells me that the sim is U-ndoubtedly improving.
Keep up the good work Asobo!

1 Like

Same here.

All the useless magic tricks, the silly dance with the community folder - pretty dress though - signing in and out… maybe I complained too much on this forum… no update for me… :expressionless:

I’m starting to feel I hate the xbox… it’s all so convoluted… gamingservices, xbox-bars, signing in and out everywhere… I have no idea anymore what’s going on on my PC and who’s watching…

I expect a “Worst hits” instead of a greatest hits in scenary screen shots coming up as a result of this WU.

I must say Arlanda is excellent, cannot believe it’s free! Great attention of details and had no performance issues!

The POI I’'ve seen so far is of great quality too!

2 Likes

Please note, that I offered the airstrips, and tree fixes for free to MS!

1 Like

Also with me CTD if I want to fly the “BIIS” landing challenge. Equally impossible to start from the world map there (same effect).

2 Likes

You have to “buy” it from the store first

3 Likes

On a positive note: having flown around in Sweden tonight I notice that many churches are now in fact churches, not generic shoe boxes as before. Granted, they’re generic churches and some of them are still shoe boxes, but overall that’s a notable improvement for VFR flights.

3 Likes

Maybe you can work with another modder to use that data or publish it yourself. @Baddweapon1116 has released an extensive Iceland overhaul, for example.

In a World Update there’s almost always some extra free goodies in the Marketplace. Maybe you’ve missed content from previous WU’s as well. Go see! Enjoy!

1 Like

I am doing a 500 km VFR flight across Iceland right now and I have to say the Nordics update is great. The rendition of Isafjordur Airport in Iceland is really atmospheric. And it’s super-crowded due to the landing challenge. Never saw more Cessnas that close together :wink:

2 Likes

BIIS Isafjodur just CTDed, directly after updating, even community folder was empty. Thought, I could finish Decathlon achievement today
Edit: BIIS crashes, even outside the landing challenge

3 Likes

Arlanda doesn’t seem to have any taxyways defined. I mean the graphics are there but the actual taxyway path lines don’t seem to be coded in aside from a tiny bit from the runways and tiny bits from the parking spots. Ground control doesn’t tell you to use any actual taxyways either (because it cant due to them not being in the scenery!) Pretty sure I downloaded all the relevant stuff from marketplace/content manager. Anyone else seeing that or is it a problem on my end?

Same with Vaasa and Bornholm as well apparently.

Although Svalbard and Isafjordur seem fine.

4 Likes