Discussion + Poll: World Update VI (1.19.8.0)

Set the photogrammetry to « OFF », the city looks quite good.

Feel free to answer these poll questions after you download and experience the new update.

I WOULD LOVE TO ANWSER POLL QUESTIONS BUT…
Microsoft will not allow me to update through the store. I am now on hour 15 trying to get the update at windows store but you can’t!!!

What am I missing here. Launch MSFS 2020 and it tells me to go to the store for mandatory update! So I go to the store and it tells me there is no update. ANYONE KNOW WHEN THIS WILL REALLY BE FIXED?
Thank you.

As I said Microsoft is sending me around in circles.

i’m on pc i do it nevertheless ?

Norway

all on ultra settings

LOD 300 in CFG and textures and trees are disappearing

Download and install xbox app
https://www.xbox.com/en-US/apps/xbox-app-for-windows-10

Restart PC

Launch xbox app and sign in.

Recheck for updates in microsoft store app

[BUG LOGGED] Tree draw distance reverted back to pre-SU5? - Bugs & Issues / Scenery - Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums

2 Likes

Yes, it is a new requirement.

Latest approach to KSAN:

The city buildings are absolutely awful. They never used to look this bad.

I had hoped to keep my settings the same, but looks like I’ll have to sacrifice FPS in the hope of making them look vaguely realistic again.

1 Like

2340Z

1 Like

Yeah, you need to find a provider that doesn’t throttle. I don’t know how they expect anyone to enjoy gaming when they constantly do this. My provider doesn’t throttle. The last one Virgin did… goodbye Virgin.

Yes, the buildings got better as I got closer, but in the original view they just looked so bad, immediately killing the immersion.

For me, photogrammetry cities look misshapen from a distance, and like a bomb-site up close, so either I’ll have to fly at a “Goldilocks” distance (not too near, not too far), or turn PG off.

I think I’ll just turn it off for a while, till they’ve got it sorted.

I’ve always had to be logged into an Xbox account since day one, so not sure it’s a “new” thing. I have been surprised at the number of people having to do it since the WU6 update though, so something odd is going on!

That’s not what I meant. Yes you’ve always needed to be logged in to the Microsoft XBox services. But this XBox app specifically is a new requirement.

Seeing the same issue in LSZR with the localizer. Final approach is slightly off to the right and testing an auto land in the A32NX results in touchdown with the right side of the main gear in the grass, on the right of the runway. @Asobo please fix.

I think I don’t have to mention the EDDS localizer issue, which is way off, as this has already been documented.

LSZR does have an offset localiser, by 0.8 degrees. I don’t think these are represented correctly at the moment.

Ok then but I’ve not needed to do anything new specifically with any Xbox app since day one #shrugs

1 Like

If you already had it installed you were set. Many, like myself, just had the XBox Companion app installed, and that was enough before. The XBox app replaces it apparently, but both can be installed at the same time.

2 Likes

Sorry, but WU6 Germany has made changes in my area, but I can’t call them improvements. What we got are poorer color representation of the satellite images, extremely different image tiles with kilometers of extremely visible tile boundaries. More and more I find buildings that are only shown as floor textures. Has the accuracy of the building detection been reduced from SU5 for performance reasons? EDFH Airport, which is listed as an airport with improvements, looks worse than before. The Moselle, which I flew only a bit near Trier, shows extreme gradations on the water surface, the cars do not drive over the Moselle bridges but in the water under the bridges. All of this destroys the impression of reality when flying enormously. I have already documented a few other anomalies in previous answers to WU6. It gives me the impression that the next update is only being presented as quickly as possible without any real quality control. The errors I am referring to are not hidden errors but so obvious that it is a mystery to me how they can be overlooked. I was wondering what are the improvements? I see the sights more as extensions, so what are the improvements?

3 Likes

I just had a close look at this. Considering the parking spaces are shown on the map view, and it looks like someone has marked out a boundary that completely obscures this area. It looks deliberate.

My best guess, comparing Google, and Bing image data, is that it has been identified as parking area, but there were not enough cars present for Blackshark to generate a carpark area over the top of it. Compare that to the area which does have cars, and also the unmasked area which has parked trucks, but the AI has not detected these as vehicles so we see the raw imagery only.

1 Like

Have you installed the PC “XBox” app (not the “XBox Console Companion”, to avoid ambiguity) ? General consensus is that installing this allows the update to install and it’s a bit of a new, undocumented dependency for WU6.