Discussion + Poll: World Update VI (1.19.8.0)

Seems like it is in the UserCfg.opt:

{Graphics
Version 1.1.0
Preset Custom
{Texture
MaxAnisotropy 16
Quality 1
}
{SuperSampling
SuperSampling 2
}
{Terrain
LoDFactor 2.000000
}
{OffscreenTerrainPreCaching
Enabled 1
Quality 1
}

{GraphicsVR
Version 1.1.0
Preset Custom
{Texture
MaxAnisotropy 16
Quality 1
}
{SuperSampling
SuperSampling 0
}
{Terrain
LoDFactor 2.000000
}
{OffscreenTerrainPreCaching
Enabled 1
Quality 1
}

Probably just the interface issue.

4 Likes

Around 13GB total update (Store - WU6 - Content Manager). No issues at all downloading :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Go to content manager. There you will find all the updates for DeLuxe/Premium content& Installed WU (II/III/IV&V)
WU VI you will find in the marketplace

2 Likes

I really think the sim bugs should have been fixed first. The ATC Altimeter bug is horrible.

1 Like

No… in Bing.com are the maps from last year summer - much more update then google maps.

New York skyline now visible from KJFK! (with 200 LODs)

15 Likes

It’s the Xbox App! After installing in MS store the update appeared…

1 Like

1.5mbps for me. I think I’ll try later.

Ironically beeing in Switzerland no chance to update :joy:

My city hasn’t been updated in 3 years on Bing maps, in Google maps the imagery is 4 months old. In other topics people are saying their regions haven’t been updated in 7 years, in other for 10 years in Bing Maps

@Shack952514 They dont use the updated bing maps for frankfurt :rofl:

Still no update, windows 11 insider build

being in austria and no update on MS Store

Maybe YOUR City… but the Bing Maps for Frankfurt are much newer.

EEEEEEEEEkkkkkkk! Can’t wait to try! Downloading all the updates. FINALLY!

Excellent!
You can also see all of Madrid’s photogrammetry from really far away, and all of it is rendered up to FL250

1 Like

So far, so great! I’ve been trying NY, Toronto, EDDF and more places, and it’s been buttery smooth at 4K Ultra (I have a 3080) and no CTDs or any other weirdness. LOD seem better, no pop-ins (at EDDF I saw it once, right when I loaded, but nothing after that), and 40+FPS.

Altimeter bug is fixed!

4 Likes

is that with any change to your pre-cache terrain settings? Or just from the increase of LOD distance w/ photogrammetry cities?

Trying this now:

Microsoft Store - Download & Installation issues, Part I - Checklist – Microsoft Flight Simulator Support (zendesk.com)

Have a look at part 2 (basic) and the advanced part too.
I found that, when I was trying to update to SU5, my problem was a conflict coming from 4Gb of old windows 10 files that were not deleted properly.
I made a selective disk cleanup of that specific old files and all started to go well.
Try ALL those steps described and you will be fine.