Discussion + Poll: World Update VI (1.19.8.0)

I‘m having exactly the same issue. It got that way yesterday after being flawless before. I suspect it’s the nvidia driver update I did in between. Did you also update the driver?

Nope no drivers were updated.

I had another flight today and the audio blips were not as prominent, though I had occasional stutters with the crackling of the audio this time around.

Anyone have low quality terrain and textures above 10 000ft ? Above 20 000ft is blurry;/

Was only able to get time to install, update, and test today. I find my experience to be awesome!!! Better FPS then Pre-SU5 with HFs, but less than post. This is to be expected with Ultra Off-Screen Caching. Using maxed settings with Resolution Scale 150% and LOD 7.00s so far. Smooth as silk, looks amazing!!! No CTDs so far. Thank-You!!!

2 Likes

What do you think about these high resolution images near ground level? Big Area north of Lubeck/Hamburg looks like this. Why is it not possible to make the lower LOD fit the higer LOD? It would be better if the higher LOD didn’t load in at all! What a mess! P.S. this is not a static border of texture. The higher LOD loads in as you fly.

Nope, not Asobo. An add-on collision

I believe they are, but they say that my connection meets their minimum speed per agreement. I complained about it but they gave me one of those lectures about being a data hog… to better their service to other customers, they may impair me.

I have a hard time connecting to another game server. If I start my VPN, I can connect without any problems. So, I believe they area. I tried VPN with MSFS but couldn’t connect to their server.

I was shocked to see San Diego Naval Harbor first release.

I dont have this bug on justsim EDDS

I’m having FPS drops after approximately 1:30 hours. Normally I start the game with 60+ FPS sometimes even 70, after takeoff it’s still fine but after some certain period of time, it reduces to 30 or even to 20. The dev mode always claims that I’m limited by MainThread.

I’ve tried to turn on/off the online functionality as well as the AI Traffic(did that twice).

Does anyone know a possible solution for that? Thanks in advance. :slight_smile:

With respect how do you know they were kids?

2 Likes

Ha, funny…

I’ve seen someone, kid or not, trying to figure out stuff while continuous spawning on the runway to get the plane in the air. After a sixth try he succeeded. It’s something i can even appreciate and enjoyed watching.

But on topic:
Had no CTD, yet. Even the one i had occasionally with TBM improv mod and g3000 mod is not giving issues anymore, yet :slight_smile:

1 Like

This has always looked this way for me, one time it was better, but the next time it was worse go figure…

When they 1st released the Xbox version at I sat at KCLE for hours just watching the hijinks of people trying to learn to fly, sad part of it all was that I was out of popcorn Noooooo! ;p

2 Likes

Things actually feel worse imo! I’m on the series s and I’ve been CTD more than ever! I’ve spawned into airports literally getting thrown around and fall through the map! It wasn’t nearly this bad before update 6!

P.s aspen not safe anymore :weary:

1 Like

I’ve had this happen a couple of times to me, and others around me on a group flight, since SU5 and now WU6. I haven’t used dev mode to see what happens, however task manager shows that one core load progressively increases throughout the flight until it maxes out (ie. likely the point it becomes MainThread limited), after which GPU load starts progressively dropping from its max with a commensurate drop in FPS.

As you say, toggling any online or AI functions on or off doesn’t clear it for me, however saving then immediately reloading that flight fixes it. eg. below is where I tried to recreate the issue where the FPS just started dipping by the end of the flight in the first screen shot and after the save and immediate reload in the second one. Note that core 10 load drops from 100% to ~80% after the reload.

It seems to me that some game resources are not being freed from processing throughout the flight, which results in eventual single core load saturation then progressive FPS drop commensurate with GPU load drop from there onwards and from which only a flight reload can recover it.

I’m curious where you were flying when this happened as I have not had it happen that quick without using time acceleration like I did above to try and recreate a flight where I had the issue.

2 Likes

Currently in the middle of a complete reinstall after starting WU6 and spending around 48h trying to get it to update. Eventually gave up as the sim kept going into an update loop and starting the whole update again. Tried muliple things like changing autotuninglevel and still no luck.
Hopefully a fresh install shall do the job :crossed_fingers:. Shame as I have not had any problems with msfs2020 until now.

Hi there, these are great findings indeed. I also had this but this was right after the release and that was fixed within the next SU if I’m not mistaken, or at least that was the situation for me.

I can’t say anything about the FPS increase introduced with SU5, I’m getting FPSs that I have never gotten prior to SU5, but this problem makes me wanna not to fly anymore since I always fly with airliners.

I was flying from LTBJ to EDDM, which I started over 60+, then slightly reducing. And I’m not talking about the FPS reduces when you descend to your destination, it already occurs at 38000ft.

3 Likes

The biggest Swiss IT online shop did a live stream to present the update on the Swiss scenery when WU6 was released. They already did a live stream one year ago to present the SIM. That was the reason why I bought it as it looked and felt so fantastic.

However, this time - after a number of CTD during the stream - they had to stopp streaming and did apologise to the audience… Well, that was quiet embarrasing for them.

The Albuquerque Intl Sunport (KABQ) was also breaking bad for me when I arrived there (coming from Santa Fe):

When I directly spawned at KABQ (in a subsequent flight) the terminal walls were there again. But the jetways sticking out of the walls still looked weird.

I wonder whether this „terminal building“ is really just a cover-up for something else? :shushing_face: