Discussion + Poll: World Update VI (1.19.8.0)

One of the important bugs is still there. There are no wind gusts. I have no words for this…

5 Likes

i haven’t got any mods?

We’re talking about different things. The person I replied to was having trouble downloading the World Update from the in-game marketplace, after updating the sim.

Awesome job on this one!

Can anyone tell me more about pre caching? What is the suggested setting.

I911900k
RTX3070TI
32GB

Just flew the Tomcat from Milan to Zürich in VR. The alpes are absolutely mind blowing.

ok… but looks like google… strange

Why would you think that after more than a year of them being broken?

2 Likes

Is live weather not working for anyone else? I haven’t had the best luck with FS lately and had to move it to a new drive, lost some of my addons in the process, and my Turbo Arrow dashboard is pink in the external view. But all I have is altimeter and temperature correct. All other live weather (clouds, precip, etc) are DOA. Perfectly sunny skies where it should be 700’ ceiling. Only using REX will fix it.

2 Likes

No Photogrammetry in Vienna for me - any known mod collisions here or fixes among the community?

Well, use real weather or manually add 1kt and it will be fine

I already had the XBox companion app installed, but not the XBox app. I installed that, left it running, hit the check for updates button in the MS Store, and nothing happened. I waited a few seconds then tried it again, and it found the update.

I guess it does work after all.

It also seems to be the fasted update yet. Since I started this post it has done 55/63 packages.

Well done Asobo! :clap:

Also, minimising the window size plus capping at 60FPS, and my 3090FE is running at 47C. No worries!

tell me how to do that for the stock bushtrips then…

It’s yet another example of extremely poor QA on Asobos behalf, quite how a NEW option in the UI is missing from a section beggars belief.

Enough is enough and was enough months ago, Asobo GET SOME QUALITY CONTROL PLEASE.

4 Likes

I find it odd no one else has commented on how the night lighting is completely busted, not sure if nobody has tried flying over a city at night in here or if the issue is just isolated to my sim.

I sincerely suggest anyone else try flying over a city and adjusting the time to night…let me know what you see

5 Likes

Took about 15 minutes to install the main update and download WU6 and update the other 5 WU’s. It was dramatically faster than things were for SU5.

Nobody has had time to test it on various hardware platforms yet (different ram amounts, CPUs, GPUs) so no real world info yet…the Release Notes are sort of unhelpful and don’t give much guidance on how the settings should be aligned to user hardware, so it’s sort of trial and error to see what works for your system. The general idea is that if you have more RAM and GPU memory you might benefit from setting the slider higher so it caches more of that up front and doesn’t have to download and process it while you are flying, but there is no more info than that yet)…For your setup why not just try High or Ultra and see what you think? The release notes said that the Medium setting was where SU5 was if that’s helpful.

Pre-rendering slider on ultra allows for cranking up the cfg file. Just confirmed.

Increased the LODs to 4.000 (not much I know) and there is no massive drops when looking around and the extra performance from the glass cockpit optimization is still there. Finally back to SU4 quality.

Did that several times but no luck.

Smoothest update so far. D/L speeds nearly at the limit of my internet connection. Pretty easy peasy if you ask me… maybe we’re all getting used to this, yes? :wink:

Download the Xbox app from the windows store, run it, leave running in background and hit updates again in the store