Discussion + Poll: World Update VI (1.19.8.0)

Oh, don’t be so happy…

Very happy with the fixes that were squeezed in this WU.
Horizon distance is greatly improved.
Pop ins virtually eliminated
AA greatly improved at NYC Skyline
Sim runs without stutter and smooth
FPs average 30 to 48

AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 8 Cores
ASUS Prime X570 Pro BIOS 402
32GB 3200 MHZ
SSD 1TB
AMD Radeon RT5700XT - (Driver 21.5.2 as installed by Win 11)
PS 1050w
Windows 11 Preview
MB and GPU set to defaults

6 Likes

This is why I was trying so hard to persuade people to buy through Steam.

2 Likes

This solved it for me… thanks.

1 Like

What exactly is going on with Bush Trips? Started the Germany trip. Using Garmin Nxi. First leg: no course for autopilot to follow, only flies in ROL mode or heading. Everything else went fine. Leg 2: No longer able to set or activate VS on ground or in air. No longer able to really set any sort of working parameters into AP, even heading doesn’t work. Had to handfly it. Which is fine, but… what’s going on here?

It took a while to get everything updated but it seems to work well. I completed a short flight from Munich to a grass strip near Bad Tolz. No issues.
Pat

1 Like

I can’t get the earlier Bush trips to interact properly with the Garmin 1000 nxi mod and de-activated it in the content manager….and went back to the Working Title g1000 mod and all is well now. I think the working title nxi is still beta and they have cautioned folks a lot online that it’s beta and is getting updates frequently. Maybe try to delete that beta and go to stock G1000 or the WT g1000 mod works (for me at least) on the bush trips,

2 Likes

Huh!.. It can’t be!.. what’s going on!..
First had a fair amount of data to download and install. All went without a hitch!
Then set EVERYTHING - in game - to [default] ultra, with NVIDEA CP all set to best quality.
Then connected up my yoke and quadrant and all my panels and switchbox.
And finally, loaded up the Mooney for a 300 plus miles flight EHGG - Netherlands to EGCC [my ‘home’ base] - UK.

And… had a great evening flight with ne’er a glitch nor an issue of any kind!
The terrain detail, bathymetry, clouds and, of course, the Mooney all looked beautiful as I flew into a glorious setting sun.

I really wasn’t expecting that!
Perhaps now WU5 will, for me at least, fade to a distant memory.

6 Likes

Thank you. That worked. Now onto the next issues lol. It’s different every time

1 Like

Not in the MS Store for me (Florida, 9/7/21 8:30 PM). Game launch tells me I am missing mandatory update and to get it from the store and the store does not have it.

please fix the messed up nose light interactions w/ the honeycomb alpha

the nose light on a320 used to be synchronized to turn on nosetaxi/landing and off w/ the taxi and landing lights, SU5 messed all the bindings up. Now i cannot figure out how to get the nose light to turn off at all, it wont go from taxi to off

also for some of the planes the light bindings that used to work are now reversed, for some awful reason

The best update in a long time. I had no problems downloading all of the files. I really like the new type of update: World Updates in the Content Manager. So you can skip an update from time to time.
For me in Germany, the update went very quickly. I think I was lucky and was one of the first.
After that I tried my first flights. A short flight to the Alps: the mountains look amazingly good. The Königsee with St. Bartolomae was great. Then I flew from Stuttgart (EDDS) to Düsseldorf (EDDL), always along the Rhine. Right at the beginning I got a CTD, but after restarting the simulation everything went smoothly. I flew with different mods, so it may have been because of that.
Sometimes the POIs look a lot like Disney Land. E.g. Maus Castle, but Frankfurt was overwhelming.
Unfortunately, I miss Heidelberg and the Romanesque cathedrals in Mainz, Worms and Speyer. But maybe there is still something to come in the next few years.
In summary, I can only say: It was a really great world update. Thanks to Asobo and Microsoft.
Unfortunately, hardly any of the problems that were still open on the simulator were solved. Nevertheless, I am very satisfied, like apparently many others: During my test flights, I was able to observe hundreds of other users who were on the go at the same time.
The impression that emerges in this forum that nothing works must be false.
Edit: I flew over my house and it was a lot better than last time. :sweat_smile:
About my system:
Processor Name: Intel Core i7-6700K NOT overclocked!
32 GB memory
GPU: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 Super NOT overclocked!
Edit 2: And also: I do NOT change anything in system files like UserCfg … :boom:
Edit 3: And I have no antivirus programm running than the Windows Defender!

7 Likes

MSFS would have no idea if the system was overclocked or not. The only thing that would affect MSFS is stability, and then stability would affect all programmes.

In Canada and unable to download the update.

2 Likes

Where would that be then - or are we expected to check every file on our PC and make a guess?

You are automatically assuming people are IT/Windows experts - we are NOT.

My 2.6GB update was at 98% and got stuck in a loop - after waiting 60mins for it to resolve itself I had to quit and restart MSFS at which point I realised it had DELETED 65Gb of the data from my “Packages\Official” folder (Community was empty before attempted update).

That was 8 HOURS ago, it has only got to 65% of downloading all the data that got deleted UNNECESSARILY - so much for the simple 2.6GB update eh.

ASOBO: Very good update with my testing so far. Performance has never been smoother. Thank you! BUT, there is still way too much lightening with few clouds/no rain. For me the weather engine is the area that needs to be improved the most. Hopefully that will be coming with the Sim updates before year end. Again, thanks!

6 Likes

Hotfix for no night lighting?

1 Like

Install XBOX app, then the update should appear. Here I posted the steps

1 Like

Thanks for everyone’s efforts but none of the solutions including the xBox one in this thread on this or other forums work for me so far. Please keep suggestions coming. Thanks

Hello all,

On my side and with a mid-range PC, the WU 6 satisfies me.

The little irritants I had with the SU 5 have disappeared, but I’ll wait a bit more before claiming victory.

No more CTD at all

ATC radar altitude correction, solved for me.

The game is smooth even with an airport like PERTH (orbx) and a lot of traffic.

The colors seem to me less washed out compared to the previous update

TBM 930 Project 0.6.0 with Working Title G3000 seems to work, to be confirmed after several flights.

Of course, there are still some small problems, but overall, they did a good job, that’s my humble opinion.

Thanks Asobo/Microsoft

See you soon

8 Likes