Discussion + Poll: World Update VI (1.19.8.0)

True, but I try to avoid software bloat wherever possible. It was perfectly fine before with just the XBox Companion App, which showed the MS Store apps I had installed, as well as the various achievements etc.

This one doesn’t seem to do anything like that, but does allow me to launch the Store titles. I wonder if you can uninstall it once your update is applied? I suspect you can, and it isn’t used to run the title.

My best guess is someone pushed out the updates for both the XBox, and PC, and forgot to remove some pre-requisite software check on the PC side. It wouldn’t be in the sim either, but the MS Store itself. XBox’s probably have this software as some form or another by default, but PC’s don’t. The updater didn’t see the XBox app, and we weren’t eligible for the update until it could see it.

This window appears constantly… Even with addons, even without them… I started the game in any mode, nothing helps…

1 Like

I’m sorry, I really can’t see any difference between the pics. Maybe it just isn’t as visible in the screen shots as on screen.

Interestingly, the xbox app is actually replacing the xbox companion app:

Are you able to shut it down cleanly when it does start up? If you are having to crash out, or it crashes itself each time it makes sense you would keep seeing that screen. Just start it up, continue in “Normal mode”, shut it down without trying to start a flight, then re-launch it.

What does it do then?

I knew one was because I’ve been nagged about it on more than one occasion, but I didn’t know this was the one. I think the new app is a step backwards, as it seems to have far less functionality then the Companion app.

Shame shame shame on Asobo and MS!
I still can’t even get the store update 24 hours later! If one must load in other platforms and jump through their hoops, THEY SHOULD MAKE INSTRUCTIONS MUCH CLEARER, but they don’t, and what, I must do a series of certain downloads that I hear of like a rumour? They don’t COMMUNICATE!!
They’ve had over a year playing with our money, experimenting on us as beta testers. Very shrewd, as they get tens of thousands, maybe hundreds of thousands of hopefuls to pay them hundreds of dollar$ each. And the worry that most of us “PC testers” soon may be ditched for the Xbox platform? They’ve proven that they don’t really know what they’re doing over there. Hit and miss! The most unprofessional miscommunications I have ever experienced anywhere in retail (gaming or otherwise)!:rage:

You need to open them full screen at their native resolution, then if you switch between the two there is a huge difference in detail. I’m loading the sim with sharpen turned back on to see if that mitigates the loss of detail.

Here’s a cropped version with the differences
Cropped 100 vs 200
Just the render scale changed, TAA must be wiping out detail.

The difference with sharpen on (default FS2020 setting in usercfg.opt)

Cropped comparison (pixel doubled to combat the website’s jpg lossy compression)

Either render detail is dependent on render resolution (see the windows on the buildings) or TAA wipes out ‘small’ details.

But you have got it working now, since you installed the XBox app I mean?

1 Like

That seems to be what the articles say too

1 Like

I simply can’t play it anymore. Get CTD after CTD anywhere between 5 and 30 minutes. Really disappointing. All community folders cleaned up.

And to be clear, I’m playing in “safe” mode. But still reliable CTD.

1 Like

As long as the new app, and the old app can co-exist I guess that is fine. I’ll double check where the new one is configured to run at login as I don’t need that. The sim starts up fine without it running so I suspect it would only be needed once a month, when the updates are pushed out.

1 Like

No! I’m about to do that now, thanks.
I’ll let you know how it works for me.
Then, I’m not really looking forward to all the issues (again) I’m reading and seeing from this update :grimacing:

Yep, have them full in full screen, the only things I can discern are the windows in the buildings on the far right and different (more?) brown grassy bits.

grafik

hahahahahaha … installed xbox app, reset gaming service… I can fly on 1.18.15.0 … OMG … Ok, booting now and I will see what happend… First step is done, message with mandatory update doesn´t pop up anymore :-p …

EDIT: After booting and starting from Xbox app… Same s.it … 1.18.15.0 … What the hell …

How can i Poll ?? Only touch the buttons ?? Who are please the Teammembers? Forummembers, Developmentgroup ???

I really don’t understand some user’s expectations regarding the draw distance…

For me it looks just fine. Everything is crisp whatever level I’m at. And I don’t want to see details 200 km away. The atmosphere doesn’t work like that. A little of haze is realistic

1 Like

The displays are also brighter with better contrast. It’s almost as if there is chroma subsampling somewhere along the way (4:2:0 filter, quarter color resolution) before it reaches the final stage.

1 Like

Get CDT for 5 times. This game is unplayable .

One thing that is a major improvement for me is Cities Skylines (not the game :wink: ), Finally I can see Manhattan from JFK or Frankfurt City when landing at FRA. Good job on this.

3 Likes

Oh okay, I had some hope left that it wws just an issue on my system.
You can take off in LOIH, and fly to the east, I also linked Google maps in my first post (click on Körbersee).