Discussion + Poll: World Update VI (1.19.8.0)

Since yesterday’s update (WU6), in addition to terrain pop-ins (admittedly less than before but still there even when the specific setting is at ULTRA) I am getting a very annoying slow morphing of shadows even on the plane (other examples, shadow of island on the sea) when switching from cockpit to external or showcase views. See attached video where the plane is sitting at the gate and the graphics settings on purpose set to Medium (except the off screen caching which is ULTRA), FPS limited to 30 through NCP and usage of CPU/GPU/MEM are quite low, With SU5 I could run same plane / same airport with HIGH/ULTRA settings (and LODs beyond 200) - there was more of pop-ins but they were of distant things, not on the plane itself !! Is anyone else getting these ? ANy thoughts on addressing this “pest” ?

Thanks.

Key specs: i7-9700F, RTX 2060, 32GB

I do and didn’t need an education from you. We can still agree to disagree. Done. Move on.

I’ve got a low level config, non-gaming laptop MX-330/i7/16GB/SSD

The SSD and SU-5 saves me, I fly medium most of the time… when I’m in the sim, my fan goes loud… if I go Low level, it’s only a subtle humming. But fan is always on ! unless I click Load / Flight plan and leave the file selection box on :wink: then GPU goes to 0.

I’m used to have about 20FpS when flying… I’ve vsync at 20FpS. that’s fine for me, at SU-3 it was 16… But in game there is a lot of nonsense load… All places in MSFS including downloads, menus, globe, market place, hanger… GPU 96-100, fan blows.

I notice the GPU goes to 100% utilization while just sitting on the main menu let alone while in sim.

It does utilize the GPU quite a bit. The real issue I have regarding GPU spike is that this game pegs the GPU at 100% utilization just sitting in the main menu!

Have only made a few short sightseeing flights in my residential area and don’t really see anything updated there. There are still only deciduous trees, although there are large coniferous forests here, but not a single conifer. It is the area Moselle, Eifel Hunsrück, Rhine. The ground textures appear more detailed after the update, but the colors are really bad, unnatural and in large areas extremely tinged in color (yellow-green tinged) and in some areas no green grass can be seen, only sand-colored areas. Before the WU6 update, this was much more realistic. The satellite images were much more natural in color before. As it is now, flying is far less fun.

1 Like

What worries me is my rig never spiked to takeoff power until recently. The fans are moving some air normally, that’s for sure, but the full power spikes make me think something is wrong with the card. Only a year old.

@COWARGKB that looks a bit pre-WU2, these color differences… it seems mixed up. Are you sure

• you properly deleted your rolling cache after the update ? Check Options / General / Data

• you have internet on and photogrammetry enabled ? check Options / General / Data

• did you install the Germany bundle ? Check out Market Place / World Update / Germany

• graphics level ?

Most of this new bing data ist from last year summer - and it was hot and dry for months… we had no green gras for months :rofl:

1 Like

Well… I just landed without gear down! I think it was not possible before WU6

1 Like

This Color Difference between the Bing Tiles looks awful. It’s okay for Orientation on a Map but in a simulated World?
There’s a bug in the Matrix, Neo. Should have taken the Blue Pill…

1 Like

That’s kind of the thing, the most important bugs to squash are those the all of us see and can replicate. Then there are user HW related bugs that can also be caused by the sim, but as they only affect those with the specific HW setup, will never be prioritized as high.

What is your render scale ?

100, same as I’ve always had it. Always been running at 4k.

Thank you for the positive call out @GhostlyFrend, I know I post a lot, and when I post, I know I tend to write books when paragraphs would probably do the trick, but I didn’t realize I was posting so much as to get noticed as an overall large contributor of positive things to the community.

Of course, I also can be a bit grouchy when I run across folks who I think are complaining just to hear themselves complain, or those who somehow think the guidelines (like turn your OCs off, empty your Community folder, yadda, yadda) somehow just don’t apply to them.

I appreciate the vote of confidence.

Kev

3 Likes

At 100% the fans should not run at full tilt.
Are you running everything at Ultra?
Try to turn down your render to 80% and see if your GPU it still runs @ 100%?

I am using RTX-2070 and it is running at 80% based on my setup.

Go to internet search for xbox ad look for xbox app in game and fownliad that, then do the normal store update process abd with luck it will work for you as ut did me.

Users helping other users fix problems is one of the reasons this forum exists in the first place. Nothing made by humans will ever be perfect, and there will always be problems of one sort or another, so the more we help each other with things that have simple fixes, and I would say installing the Xbox app is a simple fix, the less we’re cumulatively bothering the devs sorting out problems that already have solutions!

I already had the app installed, though I can’t tell you when I installed it, or why. But after I fired it up today just to check, it’s quite possible I installed it just to buy the product in the first place, because it looks a lot like the Steam client where MSFS Steam customers would have purchased theirs. So that has me wondering how so many people ever bought, paid for, and installed it in the first place, without having that app.

Kev

3 Likes

Unfortunately, the drop off in performance seen after long flights (several hours) after SU5 is still here in WU6, although I think it now takes longer to kick in.

For me I did a 20 hour test flight, and the performance did not drop off for the first 10 hours, but after that it became as bad as before, but now with all the added mess of the broken night lighting.

The same old crackling audio, jumpy graphics, slow unflyable frame rates. My hardware easily maintains a vsyncd 30fps with lots of things on ULTRA. But after the problem starts I’m down to single digit horribly jumpy graphics and crackly audio.

I have not done a 20 hour flight.
It could be a lot of different things causing this.
My first thought after 10 hours of flight it could be a memory leak. Only Asobo can fix this. You should report it.