Discussion + Poll: World Update VII (1.22.2.0)

If you say so :wink:

1 Like

I have no rolling cache.

Aaah darn …. Still no departing traffic … thunderstorms … fixed metar / weather since MONTHS in this “simulator” …

I expected SOME bugfixes …. Just nothing is realy depressing

But he … who needs weather or working AI … all happy with POI’s :v:

1 Like

this update it wasnt a bug fix update

Did you previously install a custom YMML from somewere? In that case you must decide for one version and uninstall the other - happened to me with the last WU and Zurich airport (LSZH).

In fact, you might need to uninstall both airports and re-install the version you want.

Very strange update experience here. Updated from the MS Store, ran the Sim and pulled the update there, and finally updated everything in the content catalog (6 updates there). After restarting, the new content showed up, but nothing would run.

As an example, each new Activity showed as an option, but displayed a “download icon.” Basically, the sim forced me to update the entire WU7 all over again, but from inside of content manager. Very odd!

Very pleased with the photogrammetry. It looks stunning! No sign of any melted buildings :heart_eyes:.

3 Likes

Major bummer :confused: At the rate they’re being released, it will take over 3 years to finish Decathlon

I don’t get it. Why not make one of the new landing challenges a new spotlight event? It costs them nothing…

And still no multi screen, cockpit mode, helicopters, prop drag, working atc, terrain api.
Why in the first place did you expect this? It’s all SU stuff what you mention :rofl:

Agree, this is absolutely breathtaking!

2 Likes

what about watermasks? any new surprise?

1 Like

Jorg said in the Q4-2021 Dev Q&A that the practice of bundling sim code updates with World Updates would stop. This is no surprise.

3 Likes

For all the previous World Updates they appeared in the Content Manager under Not Installed except for World Update VII: Australia which I had to go to the Marketplace and Get it. Can you please fix this so that it automatically purchases this World Update for all users like it did for all previous World Updates?

@GhostlyFrend

You are talking on new features … i think it is a good move to finaly lower the nosegear for ai at the gates AFTER MONTHS

Could have been added … its not like they have to rewrite the whole sim for that. I am talking on some bug fixes …. And helicopters we already have … even shooting rockets after this weekend

1 Like

Yes, just flying around Perth and not only does it look stunning it’s performing very well too :+1:

2 Likes

Not sure. I’m actually running a very barebones graphics configuration. I’m certain you’ll see more detailed stuff coming out in the days ahead. Folks who have 4K capable systems and tweaked LODs in the 400 range will make me look positively ancient. But I’m happy with what I see. :+1:

5 Likes

Have to say something positive and this sim takes my breath away and simply stunning! I know there are issues but in general it’s amazing :+1:

4 Likes

You’re right. I also checked if they did some fixes here and there, like they used to do with every update, but I think they didn’t want a ■■■■ storm again and only deployed a clean World Update. The good news is that it’s very likely that nothing is broken this time. :wink:

4 Likes

I downloaded it and then said go to content manager

When can I expect the content manager to properly work?

Oh also, it always freezes here never closing except by ctrl alt delete

@CasualClick

That is great he said that … that would mean the whole team had MONTHS to focus and solve ALL issue with the next SU :+1::+1:

1 Like