Discussion + Poll: World Update VII (1.22.2.0)

OK, make of this what you will, but I just did the bufferbloat test with this outcome:

So not sure about the “high end system” bit from a bufferbloat perspective. Have I “defeated” buffer bloat? No idea, but I know I don’t get melted buildings and never have.

Although I might look at tweaking a few things now…although if it’s not broken…

Would you mind posting Toronto City then from the runway like my shot is? I’d like to see the difference

I will do, but working just now :slight_smile: , so give me a couple of hours. Your pic looks pretty good to me though - don’t look like the melted triangles I’ve seen others post

1 Like

wow 123 of download latency, thats pretty terrible, though I am envious of the up and down speeds lol :thinking:

When you download updates what kind of mbps are you getting 540 mbps or alot less…

My broadband is rated at 350Mbps, but here’s what speedtest says:

Actually never had over 380Mbps before, so looks like the service got upgraded or something - not check in a while. In practice I easily get 200-300Mbps when downloading updates for MSFS (never had the super slow speed issue).

I might reset the router and try this again, as I was surprised at how bad the latency was - given I have proper fibre into the house.

This is over WiFi to my pc too by the way not ethernet

Ah fiber, that might actually make a difference since that site is measuring buffer bloat which is a cable modem phenom…I upgraded to 400mbps for 2 days and the speeds were so much worse at the new speed levels then they were with the 100 mbps connection.

And now Im having yet another tech comming out to ‘fix’ things but at least this time I got a CSR this morning to admit that they were seeing high latency and that wasnt right. So now the tech will be out here, and if he doesnt fix it this time, well lets just say Im having trouble finding places to hide the bodies!
BWHAHAHAHAHAHAH!

OK, reset the router. Here is speedtest result now (same as before):

And the bufferbloat result:

Whelp. No idea what to make of that - worse after resetting the router. I mean I notice zero issues with audio and video calls (I spend all day on Teams :frowning: ). Maybe a fibre thing as you say - I get the feeling this isn’t working quite right on my end somehow.

Here’s my pic of Toronto

Pretty happy with that pic, and a couple closer in:

You could always call the ISP and ask them about the latency. If your going to go that route, get a copy of pingplotter, and run against a couple of the ips in there, google and akamai always seem to be a good selection for me.

If you see red (meaning packet loss) dont freak out right away, some routers will drop the packets along the way. But if the local network is having issues they do become quite apparent after running a few tests…

Thanks, will dig around a bit more - however, in practical use, I don’t see issues

Thank you I’ll proceed
I hope doing that won’t affect my content manager to be displayed
I had a lot of trouble with it and yesterday it was fully displayed :joy:

I’ll will fly again just to ensure it is there yet, then I’ll try without the nearest addon in the area uninstalled, if continues I’ll clean the cache

1 Like

hehe thx for testing… look what happens when you clear cache and restart MSFS.

1 Like

Well this is interesting. After a bit of googling, I have turned on dynamic QoS on my router. I gave it a max bandwidth of 400Mbps, and the speedtest now shows this:

So a bit slower than before, but hardly a slouch. But look what this did to the bufferbloat…

If I cap the bandwidth at 300MBps, I get these results:

So… what can we conclude?

Looks like using the dynamic QoS with max bandwidth of around 350 should give pretty good latency results with good bandwidth. I will try this for a while and see!

1 Like

LOL I thought we concluded that it does work on fiber as well as cable…You know you could probably trim that down just a hair more to loose that +4, and then only switch it on or off when you play the sim…

Well the ISP Quality Assurance Supervisor just left after 2 1/2 hours, and I showed him what I thought was the problem, what the 1st guy said was the problem, and guess what he said there is a problems LOL…So now its been escalated to a higher level, and he promises that his boss / bosses will be in contact with me tomorrow + he gave me his personal info so I can call and harass him if it doesnt get resolved…Well see…

1 Like

Looks like the Australia-update is also a little Brazil-update and Namibia-update :slight_smile: brazil_namibia_added_airports

There were quite a few airports added to the base sim that were missing from the original.
They were separate from WU7.
They installed as updates to previous versions already installed.

yes - unfortunately i haven’t found a list of those additions with coordinates (or even just an extensive list with ICAO-Idents should do). I have imported all the missing airports that are listed here in the forum (see grey dots on the pic below, click on the pic to get to my webmap), but i would love to be able to overlay them with all airports that have been added between release and WU7. Anyone who can point me to such a list would be greatly appreciated!
added and missing airports

Here you go!

1 Like

Oh excellent! Thank you for posting the Toronto pics. Great pic the first one that’s the same as my pic (different weather) for comparison. I think we can elimiate “buffer bloat” as a real cause of melted buildings as your “buffer bloat” gets a D while rendering better quality buildings in Toronto than me when my “buffer bloat” gets an A.

Would you mind if I started a new general discussion thread and used your Toronto pic alongside my Toronto pic and see if we, along with anyone else that might be interested, can get more detailed about the differences.

Basically I run at 85% 1440p with everything on Medium with the exception of clouds which I run on high. Medium settings yields an LOD of 50. Your settings, I’m guessing, are probably Ultra or close to it with your LOD set pretty high. But I’d like to explore that more. Is it the LOD? The resolution? Some other setting or settings?

But anyway, if you’d be ok with me starting a new general discussion thread on this specific “melted building” thing, I think we can make some headway without hijacking this particular thread.

1 Like

Sure, no problem. I can post my settings a little bit later for comparison purposes - need to include Nvidia control panel settings too and the usual HAGS, game mode etc. I’ve also done some videos comparing versions etc, so can repost those.

1 Like

those are the ones already on my map… i need all the others, that have been added in WU1,2,3,4,5,6 and other updates.