Discussion + Poll: World Update VII (1.22.2.0)

I only saw it from a distance, as I was flying over Lindisfarne, but it certainly stood out and I could see the light towers. The ovals near my place look much better and Simmonds park is properly displayed now with the latest structures, like the playground and whatnot.

Mt Wellington is still kinda rough though, as the organ pipes are crudely done, but the photogrammetry all round Hobart is great.

1 Like

Very happy with this WU. Install was flawless and the PG looks amazing. Also performance is awesome. Job well done!

4 Likes

how it is the performance? i read in another thread that the performance has increased since this World update

1 Like

Smoothest sim update I have experienced so far. Each step worked quickly and without hickups. Enjoyed initial flights in C172 over the great barrier reef and Sydney harbor with my full complement of addons in my Community folder. Just a bit of confusion finding Australia in the Marketplace. Well done at last MS&Asobo!

I’m running MSFS on two PCs. This was the smoothest update so far. Flew 30 minutes on each PC with no problems and good performance.

Good job MSFS Team!

No matter what I do, I always get the 118 Gb download when I update. It takes me literally hours to download it with my Gigabit connection.
Then when I go to the Content Manager I not only have to Update the Australia deal, I also have to update/re-install all the other WU updates as well as a lot of aircraft.
Anyone has any ideas why this is happening?

Everything looks and went beautifully! Great job!!!

2 Likes

2g update, downloaded it quickly which is a huge leg up from the last patch.

No new material in content manager, and world update VII is totally missing. Restarted MSFS a few times, no change. Also at 1.22.2.0

Regarding installation experience — seems like a CDN was (finally?) used – much much faster. Haven’t bothered checking actual underlying connections via netstat / tcpdump and it could have been a layered problem - but appreciate that it’s finally downloading at speeds that is on-par with other store fronts out there.

Cuz that makes perfect sense! … Thanks for the tip, never go into the marketplace for anything other than NXi updates, never would have looked there. :slight_smile:

Is it just me or the cities’ night lightning seems to be broken now.

I took a look over several cities around the world and it seems they all now have night lights in a symmetric grid unlike before when the lights were more scattered around and had more varriety in brightness?

Great update, Australia looks stunning!

1 Like

I have the Orbx Sydney Cityscape and it is conflicting with the new Sydney scenery in WU7. I can’t turn off the Sydney scenery, without disabling WU7. All I can do is disable the Orbx scenery, which I don’t want to do. Anyone got any ideas? I’m guessing I’m going to have the same issue in Brisbane and Adelaide.

@Crunchmeister71 since you also had the same performance issue as me with the other WUs on the ground… you definitely want to have the 3D Photogrammetry cities from this WU uninstalled. It gave me a 10fps penalty on the ground at JFK.

The issue is the mess of parking, parked sideways, into terminals e.t.c.
There has certainly been to some adjustments to the airport, with the update, but no fix of the issues.

No issues with using 3rd party scenery, which I have purchased for YPAD, however, like most 3rd party scenery I have on Xbox is causes CTD’s 100% of the time post SU7.

ORBX are in the process of sorting out an update for that issue I’m fairly sure.

3 Likes

In case few did not noticed, make sure to download the update on the content manager as well.

Melbourne tonight, had a couple of other players buzzing me, great fun!

5 Likes

Thank you Asobo and Microsoft. Really enjoying the Australian update. Well done!

3 Likes