Discussion + Poll: World Update VIII: Iberia (1.24.5.0)

thank you very much ! , i will try tonight and let you know

:wink:

1 Like

I could see some of the file names flashing in the loading screen and did see a lot of bush trip files. So I guess, some of those have been updated.

1 Like

Thank you Asobo for this Iberia update. I do not understand why you did not update all the Oporto Douro river bridges. The first one, going up the river, the ArrƔbida bridge, is a joke compared to the real one. Maybe in future updates, you could change this.

Yep, Iā€™m wondering that myself. Looking at the list it shows a lot of duplicated airports, at least name wise. I went into msfs and checked the world map and did some searches and it appears that all these duplicates are old, closed or super tiny airstrips, which got named after the next larger really existing airport. For example, we now have 4 Kinsley Airports in the game (two got added with this world update). While there is one real Kinsley Airport, the other ones are what appears to be small private farm airstrips, which probably donā€™t even have a name. Thus, all these small airstrips got named after the ā€œrealā€ Kinsley Municipal Airport 33K.

But no clue, which obscure database they use.

1 Like

Iā€™ve been provided with a fix. Assuming you have it from the store

1 Like

I wrote a code that turns the unwanted default airportsā€™ active status to false each time my content.xml is being created. I therefore never bother with install / uninstall chore.

2 Likes

Please share

looking cool, not listed in the WU8 POI table, tho. or I failed to see it. thnx

Itā€™s listed as ā€œMezquita-Catedral De CĆ³rdobaā€ in the Release Notes.

1 Like

Better leave some extra time for updating Little Nav Mapā€™s Scenery Library!

STEAM / Win 10

Just adding details as requested. I always install updates in stages now, never all at once.

• All was fine except the Junkers update.
  • Every time I tried to dl and install the update I got CTD.
  • After 3 attempts I uninstalled Junkers completely first.
  • Then did the download, as if it was a new purchase.
  • All fine after that.

I am also noticing a small improvement in performance.

moderators might find it irrelevant to share it here, I consider initializing a dedicated thread in the forumā€™s relevant pages soon. so please stay tuned.

by the way here is part of it: a sneaky peek LOL

<xsl:template match="@|node()">
xsl:copy
<xsl:apply-templates select="@
|node()"/>
</xsl:copy>
</xsl:template>

<xsl:template match="@active[.='true']
      [contains(../@name,'asobo-airport-egll')
	or contains(../@name,'microsoft-airport-lfmn')
	or contains(../@name,'microsoft-airport-lszr')]">
    <xsl:attribute name="active">false</xsl:attribute>

I may also officially share it on flightsim.to under utilities section, iā€™m sure itā€™s going to be popular.

Anything regarding XBOX simmer ā€¦ or is this PC only? :pleading_face:

All Sim Updates, World Updates, and other first-party addons from Microsoft/Asobo (such as Local Legends and Famous Flyer planes) will always be for both PC and Xbox.

1 Like

OK. Thanks

I just loaded into the Madrid Discovery Flight and have these vertical lines going out into the sky from a distance. Iā€™m on Xbox Series X.

Thanks, yes @ACEagle6994 helped me out as well, will try it out a bit later, thanks!

1 Like

New Santiago BernabƩu Stadium is not listed in Release Notes, but appeas as a new POI in World menu, and this is his new aspect in simulator over Madrid (bad weather today for fly, sorry, hah, hah).

Real aspect few weeks ago (February 2022):

3 Likes

My point is, the world updates cost nothing, and they add content. I never mentioned altruism.

1 Like

Hi all,

Am I the only one who donā€™t see the update in game? I got PC version from MS store.
Of course, I updated the game with Xbox app, updated the game when lauching it (downloaded about 2Gb), then update the content manager. I can only see the new discover flights, but no landing challenge, no bush trip, no POI in the world mapā€¦

Does anyone know how to solve?
Thanks in advance!

1 Like