Discussion + Poll: World Update X: United States and US Territories (1.26.5.0)

Yes. Check that you have actually installed the - optional - World Update X which, yes, needs to be explicitly „purchased“ (for free) in the marketplace.

:wink:

And after this go to Profile/Content Manager, where there’s about 12 update available …

1 Like

Well…. done this already yesterday :wink:

How does it look when you fly over Disney ?

All up to date already

1 Like

:+1:
So, surely due to photogrammetry background process, when having such issue, with my current bandwidth, I take more and more time to fly over the same scenery area, until it get the proper display. It could take an huge amount of time though …

1 Like

Yep, same here. Closing the sim and relaunching solved it

1 Like

I always had the same problem with ALL cities with photogrammetry due to slow MS servers available for my region. I partially solved it using NordVPN, and completely solved it using Manual Cache from the cities where I like to fly. If you are using the PC version, I strongly recommend using Manual Cache.

*I don’t know if there is a Manual Cache option on Xbox.

Seriously whats the difference? Apparently theres Bridge POIs at St Louis but they look like those awful Photogrammetry ones in one shape.

I cant spot any differences at all? Oh and live weather toggle doesn’t work for me, it refuses to switch.

1 Like

It has some of the worlds most beautiful national parks.

Being the first World Update (if memory serves me well for a change) I can see exactly why MS/Asobo have updated the US. It’s a huge aviation location, a fascinating country and I do spend quite a bit of time flying over it, sightseeing, so it will be a very welcome update.

But, I’m a little disappointed it wasn’t the Caribbean or a similar tropical zone. It’s all been countries in fairly temperate zones so far, big gap along the equator.

It doesn’t phase me that the WU X is a growth onto an earlier update, despite the fact that it is an area that I will most probably never use. It probably has the biggest market share and the most visitors.
What does make my eyebrows raise is that we seemingly now have another iteration of the update process that, for me at least, was a PITA and I ended up, after a frustrating 15 - 20 minutes, having to download it through the XBox App.

Why oh why can there not be any consistency with this fundamental process?

I’m seeing newly added trees in the grass surrounding/on approach to several runways at KDFW now…

Not massively bothered about any of the WUs to be honest (not even downloading optional content) but a lot of people are and I’m happy just to go along with the flow. It is what it is and just like with Laminar’s Xplane 11 we are all just along for the ride with FS20.

November should be interesting though with the helicopters and gliders. That will be more my thing especially if high fidelity payware offerings will soon be on the horizon.

Like… Disneyland? :wink:

But seriously, the OP asked about the missing bush trips (and you replied with „same here“), and my reply was mostly in response to that „missing bush trips“ issue.

So not sure what issue you are referring to now

TOP!!! No download problems. Nothing broken. Great USA update. That´s really good work. Thank you MS/Asobo!!!

1 Like

After most updates, everyone is hitting the MSFS CDN servers downloading the updates, and that seems to have an impact on flights and FPS. See if you have the same 30% impact in a couple of days.

Update went ok, ish…First steam then msfs.
As soon as i got in the game…cdt.
Restarted pc, loaded the game again, set new cache and no mods in CF.
Still stutter fest in Vr unfortunately, i did a flight in Xplane11 and a race on ACC as well as 2h Onward.
Max res in Oculus @80htz and no issue at all.
Msfs it is not playable in current state, at least for me in Vr.
12600k with and without E cores / 3080 10gb no OC / with and without pcie riser / cache on m2 nvme as well as game (tried on both) / different bios…
Can not fly since mid SU9 Beta, thank you Asobo for such a…beautiful work…again :+1:t4:

Yay new content! Meanwhile ESSA / ARN airport (Nordic WU) is still desperately waiting for a fix…

8 Likes

I still can’t get any STARS for KORD with Navigraph. Anyone else have any luck?

1 Like

Some suggestion I get around Disneyland - Kissimmee - Windermere

Just waiting around, for Photogrammetry to operate