Discussion + Poll: World Update X: United States and US Territories (1.26.5.0)

It happens due to high photogrammetry. My Internet connection is 70 mbps. Probably a faster Internet connection will not cause that freeze.

Seondly, flying low with high photogrammetry reduces the FPS drastically. MSFS has to do something about that.

1 Like

The Moon also has a Northern, and Southern Hemisphere, so it still could be. :wink:

Unless you are one of those flat Mooners. :crescent_moon:

2 Likes

Telluride star airport buildings are showing pink texture. So do the Fairbanks airport, Alaska.

Any ideas?

A green road in Moab is so visibly out of color.

Also, Moab terrain is too rounded.

The windshield in my C-208 does that too, when viewing it from external-view.

That would be due to a third-party livery. Talk to the developer of that livery and he should be able to fix that.

1 Like

Yep, that’s exactly what the problem is with mine. Thanks for pointing that out.

Third-Party Livery:

Default Livery:

You’re most welcome. Glad to be of some help.

1 Like

Before I moved last fall, I had a 40mbps connection (Rural). Things were smooth.

Please fix the deserts all over the world. This is Moab desert. But not only is this lush green, but also the Sahara, the Namib and all other deserts.

The Before image is how it appears in the sim. The After image is how it should be - or better.

Please do something about the deserts and the roads being so much green. In the corrected images below, the green colour has been reduced by 70%!

Thank you.

Before:

After:

Before:

After:

1 Like

I can’t think of another reason. I have a latest, high-end Alienware laptop with a powerful graphics card, and I play in Ultra settings, in 2K resolution (2560 X 1440) on an 85-inch, 4K TV.

1 Like

So many things are possible. I saw a recent post where someone figured out that their sim stutter every 60 seconds was his Window’s wallpaper image changing every 60 seconds in the background.

Weird stuff can cause issues.

4 Likes

Also little things like Windows Checking For Updates in the background.
If a player already has low bandwidth, this could effect them.
I turn off all applications that run in the background.

So do I. Nothing is hogging my system’s resources - with or without a game being played.

1 Like

The claimed 1-meter DEM may not be universal in the U.S.A., but wherever it is, it is spellbinding:

unicode is default in most programming languages and softwares since years…
I doubt if they changed for unicode only now…

FS exists a couple of years longer than that, or in other words: “Way before emoji!” :wink:

And you don’t have to look too far for evidence. Here, an example:

https://docs.flightsimulator.com/html/Programming_Tools/SimConnect/API_Reference/AI_Object/SimConnect_AICreateEnrouteATCAircraft.htm

Here is the “container title”:

const char*  szContainerTitle

“Null-terminated string containing the container title.” - ASCII in all its glory. Yes, that’s the name of the livery you are selecting here (which is also shown as such in the UI). I am pretty sure that trying to refer to an aircraft with UTF-8, let alone 16 or 32 bit Unicode would gloriously fail here.

:wink:

2 Likes

I’m at work but just pretend I’ve altered the moon/headshot/always has been meme to fit here.

Mt. Hood, Oregon has more than one problem:

1. In the video below take a good look until you see the mountainside facing the rising sun. However, the top and some ridges have shadows from a stagnant past impression casting a bluish-green shadow on the side that is facing the sun!

2. The DEM of Mt. Hood is certainly not at 1 meter.

3. And find several other issues if you can locate them.

1 Like

Where are these high resolution DEM areas?

2 Likes

Jorg said in an interview about WU X that they got 1 meter DEM from USGS for the entire USA…