Discussion: Sim Update 2 (1.12.13.0)

Best patch yet by some margin. Great job Asobo, some great fixes and improvements here that make a real difference. Easy installation and no real issues. Some scenery glitches - weird pyramids and the like from a distance that seem to disappear as you approach that need to get sorted.

Well done, and have a great Christmas and New year break.

14 Likes

I can not download,nothing I do solves the problem . infinite loop . Any information to pass on to the ISP provider?

It is my understanding there are processes in the pipeline that will hopefully take steps to make sure each update doesn’t break their systems. I’m looking forward to seeing the result.

2 Likes

From next year they are releasing patches and sim updates early to the 3rd party devs. Not this one though and even when they do it will still be up to the 3rd party devs to fix any issues that arise.

For me, this is the best patch I’ve ever got! Update went flawlessly, I didn’t have to download extra content from Content Manager again like last time.

And best of all: Frame rates with my 6 year old PC are drastically improved, even reaching close to 30 FPS with the new Airbus tutorial, and incredible 40 FPS over the Alps now! (I’ve been used to seeing more like15-25 FPS before)

4 Likes

I haven’t had that issue, yet. That’s clearly a bandwidth/streaming issue – check your connection to internet and/or change servers.

100% agree, my friend. Great job to them!

Merry Christmas/Happy New Year Gordon!

A seamless patch with LOTS of updates and content is truly a great Christmas present. Merci Asobo!

2 Likes

And to you!

1 Like

Loads of people do yea, it works very well for airliners where there isn’t a lot of hand flying. Check out Drawyah on youtube.

I have a full flight yoke and rudders but I often rather use the xbox controller. I guess your smug avatar reflects your character pretty accurately😂

yeah I just found out the very hard way lol

I’m doing a new installation, 108 gb. this locked in : material asobo 1.039, download up to 20 % and back to zero. Shudder frustrated by it. This has never happened before. started with that last one.

That executable is part of Windows 10, not FS 2020. Any outstanding Windows 10 updates? What version are you on, 2004? Upgrade your soundcard drivers maybe?

Help? Means a lot to me

VR is very well done! And shows the limitations of the Oculus Rift, like looking through a mosquitonet!
More money to spend :roll_eyes:

Good framerates though!

I like the implementation with the seperate settings for VR and screen!

Cessna 172 update is great as well now, ground-effect a lot better!

I do have an issue with VR though
 when pressing the reset toggle (space bar) it puts me down low to the left in the cockpit. Also the frame is not perfectly centered whenvreset, I have a black border on the left lens

Anyone else?

Hi , I can’t run the Bonanza G36 anymore . It dies a few second after starting . But Asobo is still generous enough to give me the option of hitting Ctrl+E then it won’t die . Is the Bonanza OK on your side ?

Thanks, but yea all up to date, worked perfectly before the 1.12 and all my other Steam games work fine. Other default planes work.

Crucially it doesn’t crash if you start up from the gate.

I have tried both dev and stable 0.5 FBW versions and I am getting some mighty odd issues, the plane seems very broken, APU won’t start, all of the 2nd fuel pumps for each fuel tank wont turn on. I tried Ctrl-E but the engines die during start up.

I’ve tried emptying my Community folder and reinstalling. Going to try a full system restart and package clean now.

:smile: :smile: :smile: :smile:

I love these people who can absolutely NOT diagnose my system without even being here.

It clearly is NOT a bandwidth or network problem.