Discussion: Sim Update 2 (1.12.13.0)

Kelowna, BC Canada (CYLW)

1 Like

Amazing update!
Thanks for the hard work Asobo and Microsoft :slight_smile:
Keep up the great work!

Iā€™m so tired of people defending Asobo. Flight sims have come a long way since FSX. Iā€™m not sure Asobo realized that. This sim should have been delivered at a higher level of perfection. That doesnā€™t mean perfect - just better than is was and still is. I keep trying to fly it after each upgrade and itā€™s frustrating in every respect to me. I guess Iā€™ll just have to wait until a high end vendor offers a better plane. But so far I donā€™t see any on the horizon. It seems like the guys at Asobo really care but maybe itā€™s a much bigger project and more difficult than anyone anticipated.

Fantastic update, working well and enjoying the wintery landscapes below.

3 Likes

The north Pacific from UHPP to Alaska was bugged. As soon as I got near Alaska, fps came back to normal.

Iā€™m not sure if this has been mentioned or not already here (since thereā€™s a lot of posts and Iā€™m quite late to the party), but I downloaded the patch and did a short test flight with the default A320neo. I used the exact same route as I tried the first time after the USA update, KSFO-KDEN. Before, it banked hard left and veered way off the FP when AP was engaged. Today, it seemed like that had been fixed since it flew on course and followed the FP, so Iā€™m relieved by that! Is everybody else having the same luck?

My only concern is that it seems like itā€™s still taking forever for the A320 to climb to cruising altitude. This was a new issue introduced along with the AP bug after the USA update. Today it took me nearly 20 minutes just to get to FL300 and even then I was getting less than 1000 FPM climb rate. It probably wouldā€™ve taken me close to 30-35 minutes to reach my cruising altitude of FL370 and my payload was set at only 50%. Before, it was only taking me around 15-20 minutes to reach FL370 or FL380. I know the A320 used to climb like a rocket in the sim, but now it seems like it takes a very long time to reach any altitude above FL300 and itā€™s definitely a struggle. Anyone else here still experiencing this?

Same here. However, how is your climb performance to cruise? For me, itā€™s taking a while to climb to FL370, like nearly 30 minutes and nearly 20 minutes just to climb to FL300 with less than 1000 FPM climb rate.

The icing is bonkers. Before, we could hold the slider in development mode for a few seconds and it would turn off the effects. Now, we canā€™t even do that.

I dread updatesā€¦

Wow, just wow!

Oculus Quest 2 here. Was expecting it to be terrible, but after a few hiccups and installing the beta version of the oculus app, Iā€™ve just done 3 flights. One in a skyhawk, and two in the airbus.

GEEEEEZUS what an experience. A little blurry so I need to tweak here and there, but I honestly felt as though I was in the cockpit. Noticed a few terrain bugs, with pointy monoliths around the EGPH area but I really didnā€™t care.

Most immersive flight sim experience Iā€™ve ever had. Well done!

12 Likes

I was tempted to purchase a VR unit to replace the first gen Oculus that I have but thought that I would wait for a while longer for the resolution to improve. Glad to see a good review so far.

GOOD News.

ATC is no longer sending a c172 , up to FL220 if they file IFR @ 8000ft !!! YAYYYYYY !!

I have zero mods. This was a 100% clean and full installation without a trace of MSFS on the PC before the installation

I give this update 2.5 stars. Iā€™d rate it higher if it werenā€™t for the terrible icing effects and half-working snow representation. There are still plenty of areas that should have snow on the ground but do not, and areas that shouldnā€™t have snow actually have snow, like in Brazil?!?

Not too mention the weird terrain problems we have now.

This update wasnā€™t as glitchy as previous ones, but I have to admit that I expected more in terms of quality control this time round.

IDK if this is a new bug, but in the 787x upon putting out flaps for landing the AP would do NOTHINGā€¦would not manage speed, would not follow flight path in computer, would not manage altitudeā€¦nothing. just wasted 3 hours flying to crash due to thisā€¦

:heart: this latest update. Have tried out the A320 Neo stock version and the ATC and found the changes working well and without any surprises. And the FS livery ā€¦ a nice personal touch.

Thank you MS and Asobo team! Happy holidays!

2 Likes

Maybe that will improve next year, if they get a team of Volunteer Community Testers organized as a beta team for testing before new versions ???

(but once again, that wonā€™t work, if most of that team are just looking for an early copy, for whatever ā€œnon testingā€ personal reason they may have)

I remember hearing about this being in the works, but I forget the details.

Maybe they can release an update as an optional beta for everyone, like they do with X-plane, and then testers can discover problems before they become embarrassments for Asobo and frustrations for users?

2 Likes

The FBW mod is just that - a modification of the default airplane. It is not a stand-alone product it is an extension, which is based on a specific version of the default A320.

When the default airplane itself is changed by an update, then of course the mod stops working. This is fully expected, and the FBW team would be the first to tell you that you should not try to use the existing version of the mod with a new sim version. You need to wait for the FBW update - which often comes out within 24 hours.

The only way that this could be avoided would be if FBW had advanced access to the updated version of the sim before anyone else, and that is not likely to happen, because Asobo may very well have been making last-minute changes to the update until very shortly before the public release.

6 Likes

Just did two quick flights, outside Denver and over the Everglades, so small sample size obviously, but the night lighting in rural areas looks much much better. Both areas had way too much lighting before the update.

3 Likes

anyone having issue with toolbar ? once I toggle it on, my joystick, throttle and paddle stop working. and i can not close the toolbar.

1 Like