Discussion: Sim Update 2 (1.12.13.0)

The main issue here is that not many simmers are yet aware or convinced that MSFS2020 is set to be a long journey since day one, therefore it’s kind of a nonsense to still insist on treating it a conventional PC software / game / tool etc.

If I were starting on a “long journey”, the first thing I would get right even before the start would be my boots. Important things first. I wouldn’t start the journey with boots that needed repair and didn’t fit properly anyway. The colour of the scarf I’m going to wear I will sort out later.

And as I see it, this is the problem with FS2020. There are many fundamental things wrong with base program, from shortcut keys to autopilots via sensitivity curves (which they are still tinkering with) even before you get onto the users who can’t even load the program, or crash when they run it.

And what do Asobo offer in the updates? A few things fixed, a few things broken, and several things we could do without. OK, I understand Asobo had a promise to release VR though useless for most users, but do we really need new liveries (many available free online anyway) or even the new world updates, when the fundamentals still need attention? Asobo need to hire the developers to fix these problems, rather than hire graphics designers or whatever for the non-essentials - the icing on the cake can be applied once the cake has been baked, not before!

Many users have been saying this for months now, but it has fallen on deaf ears.

2 Likes

With every “paying customer” suggestive “fix” there’s another to counter it. I flew Live AND Multiplayer this morning from airport to airport for about 4hrs on an A320 reprogramming every next flight on the MCDU. Not a hitch. This was presented to me earlier with all my gripes. Maybe it will help others. Asobo’s own helpful hints. (I’m not convinced it helped me nor are the issues gone since the CtD were so random)

I have to edit this, there was a hitch. I had all the anti-ice butrons on but after flying to JFK (which was higher then freezing temps) noticed my plane was covered in Ice. Tried to take off but plane wouldn’t climb. As usual, think I’m doing something wrong but pretty sure this is another programing issue.

I more than agree on your stance but also give credits to Asobo for being brave and trying something new.

I still believe that MSFS2020 is the most revolutionary sim ever, in the face with all the annoying bugs, glitches and issues.

Yesterday, I flew EDDM-LOWS, ok perhaps a relatively short hop but I really took so much delight, I was lucky bumping into no issues (save for the popping out ‘spikes’, a few of them) at all aboard the vanilla A320neo.

2 Likes

Yes, I do love the sim, and still flying often, but I keep thinking how much better it would be without these irritating quirks. At least I’ve got it downloaded and updated without any problems, and don’t have CTDs, unlike many users.

1 Like

People seem to forget businesses are in business to make money. This FS Sim might have been an ultimate challenge, but they took it on. IDK how this gets lost in the conversation. I think people are so emotionally attached to the sim that they trick their minds into forgiving the many issues here. It’s a product you paid for and should expect Asobo to address our concerns, not just put out snow and liveries to shut us up. Or at the very least acknowledge our CtD/melting buildings…etc.

2 Likes

Agreed, developers and aviation professionals.

But if you are running a Cake shop, and selling cakes, you need to make money, and the way to do that is to grow your customer base … which means making cakes that appeal to different peoples taste. Adding new types of cakes is one way to attract both new customers, and keep old ones coming back for more.

So the graphic designers design new cakes to help support the shops marketing.
The bakers keep baking, and others make improvements to the existing recipes, fixing the ones that people find not to their liking.

OK, so enough with the Cake/Candy store analogy.

I am enjoying “pigging out” on all the Candy, and trying all the new cakes.
yes, some may leave a slightly sour taste in my mouth, but I am sure the bakers will fix those recipes.

I’ve been waiting YEARS for this Cake Store to open, and even though not all the cakes are 100%, if they had waited to open the store, till all the recipes were “perfect”, it never would have opened.

I’m happy, as long as I also have a good supply of “TUMS / (MODS)”.

3 Likes

Good suggestion. It would be good for MS to pre-build the exception into a Windows Update.

Starving now…thanks for that :yum:

I’m a little disturbed that I find myself understanding what you wrote, and mostly agreeing with it. :wink:

2 Likes

■■■■, when you write something, write ALL the steps

and write it correctly

Exclusions can be found under

Windows Security / Virus & Threat Protection / Virus & Threat Protection Settings - Manage settings / scroll down to “Exclusions - Add or Remove Exclusions”

But, thank you for the hint.

I assume you’re responding to the OP…

So. I checked the problems with ILS approaches with the A320neo again. And I have to take Asobo in protection. With the latest release 1.12.13.0 the autopilot was approved a lot. Especially ILS approches work absolutely flawlessly. The problems are instead created by the Flybywire mod. With this mod installed many approaches are broken. Mostly the aircraft tends to fly directly to the destination airport, ignoring the nodes of the STAR. For those who want to try it out take the route EDDM/08R VAVOR3E VAVOR M867 VAROB DCT ABISO DCT DOL DCT DARZA L868
GISER L862 OKLAX OKLAX1Z LDSP/05
as an example.
With the Flybywire mod the approach goes wrong from the node IRBUL. From then on the aircraft wants to go directly to the destination airport LDSP. The remaining STAR is ignored. Without the Flybywire mod the whole approach works perfectly.
The Flybywire mod is good in many things bringing a lot of improvements especially to the MCDU and a lot of eye candy for the UI.
But if you want to fly stable actually I would recommend to delete it from the community folder and to use the vanilla version instead.
I’m a little disappointed that the Flybywire team was obviously not able to fix this for more than a week, leaving many players alone with their problems over Christmas. Instead they improved eyecandy things.
Sorry, IMHO they have to put up with this criticism, as good as their work has been so far.

1 Like

What do you guys do to get icing ? Still haven’t seen any icing effect on the fuselage or ground. Would setting the temperature at extreme lows do the job, for instance ?

Fly below 0 Celsius in visible moisture (clouds)

2 Likes

do you have it enabled in the options?

its really easy(wayyy to easy) to get icing on plane in MSFS2020

1 Like

Yeah, you do not want to get icing… Once you get it, it’s hard to get rid of it.

But, if you want it, set the temperature below freezing and fly through a cloud. Depending on how long you are in it will control how much ice you get. But, in some situations, you can ice over in a few seconds to the point you can’t see out the window.

1 Like

And then you better know how to fly IFR, turn on Pitot heat, windshield and airframe anti-ice, and control a plane while in slow flight! :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Yep, just did it the other day… flew through a cloud on final, fortunately, already all hooked up and on the glide slope, so, just rode it down, and I know the airport really well, and landed nice and smooth by just the glitter light show of runway lights through the ice to let me know I was where I thought I was and nice long 6000 ft runway, so I let it settle and broke to a stop :slight_smile:

■■■■ I love this sim. I don’t have to die when I screw up!

In fact, looks like I’m stuck in Provincetown for the night. Weather was nice and clear if overcast when I left Nashua. Perhaps I should have done some flight planning or I would have realized Provincetown is totally socked in in rain. And that landing in a 90 degree crosswind was pretty fun. So fun, I took off and did it again :slight_smile: But, pretty cool to walk out to the beach in the wind and rain (and not get wet :slight_smile: ) My Mooney is all tied down on the tarmac and I just need to find a place to sleep tonight. What a great little airplane. Thank goodness it’s above freezing to day. I wonder if there are any New Year’s eve parties around?

1 Like

The FBW team provided a fix for the update on the same day the update happened. Also, all your problems didn’t occur one time for me and I am a frequent FBW A320 flyer. Which version of the mod you got installed?

Also, I would talk to the FBW guys with a little bit more respect. They are developing this aircraft for free, having a 24/7 support in their discord and they are showing a lots of 3rd party developers, what is already possible!

For me, their work is extraordinary and they are an important part of the evolution in this sim!

1 Like