Discussion: Sim Update 2 (1.12.13.0)

I use a $25 Netgear 5 port unmanaged switch, with 10/100/1000 mps support. Downloads are fast and reliable via Virgin 100 mps service. PC is cabled.

It fixed buffering issues on our TV and I’ve always been able to download at full speed - this last update took less than 3 minutes to download and uncompress.

It could be that the installer looses network packets, which destroys the file download. The switch has memory on board to buffer packets, which seems to avoid packet loss. I bought new Cat5E cables; longer Cat5 cables that I installed about 10 years ago had poor performance.

Run YouTube “stats for nerds” and see if 1080/4K video packets are lost. Monitor the buffer time and ensure it increases.
On a good system 0 packets are lost and buffer times creep up to 60 seconds or more.
That is a useful test to run and report.

Sorry to drag up a 22d old post, but I dont see anything in my content manager and I was in the programme. What exactly am I looking for?

A lost packet should not break a download unless the download manager for this product is very poorly written. In fact, if the download is in the middle and the PC loses power, a decent downloader should be able to resume where it left off the next time a download is tried.

I’m having no issue here with this product, because I have a decent connection. But if I didn’t and it kept completely restarting because of one missed or stalled packet, then I would be letting whoever know that this is a fatal design flaw (if that’s indeed how it works).

Hi @notarealplt,
Do know if you found the liveries, but they would say “Test Pilot”. They are solid black with blue graphics.

Hey, yes I did thanks. Had to contact Zendesk but they sorted it.

For anyone else reading, I changed my Xbox GamerTag, so had become disassociated from the Tech Alpha Programme. After they revalidated my participation, and corrected my forum groups, the content came down in an update patch

2 Likes

Hi, I know its January so not sure anyone is reading this post. I have not flown the Seminole for several weeks, and there was an update that i downloaded a week or so ago. I also searched for this problem: Today it started up fine at Grand Forks ND airport, but it won’t move at all. I am sure the parking brake is off, nothing blocking the wheels. Full power and it won’t budge. Also I have a lot of popping in the speakers which i don’t notice on other aircraft. Anyone have a solution? Do I have to do a pushback first? There was plenty of room without it? And the wheels are not frozen in ice!!

If you have brake pedals, make sure that the axis hasn’t become reversed, so that the toe brakes are on, when you aren’t pressing them.

Maybe also check that you don’t somehow have another switch set on your controller that overrides anything you do with your normal brake control. Just select ‘Assigned’ in the Controls screen, for each controller in turn, and search for “brake”.

Thanks! I have the crosswind pedals. I will check tomorrow and get back. I only tried the seminole today, yesterday the Caravan was working fine.

I’ve had this happen to me a few times. I’ll be taxiing along after landing, stop for a moment, and when I try to move again, the plane will not budge. One time it sat there and turned really slowly, such that I had turned 90 degrees after 5 or so minutes of full on engine speed and was able to move again. But, when I tried to turn back to where I was going, it stopped again, like it was running up against a wall.

Only way out the few times it happened to me was to restart the flight.

I could never reproduce it though. Different airports, too.

Wet weather will also affect it.
ASOBO apparently changed some friction values, and in wet weather, it requires an excessive amount of thrust to get them to move. That has been mentioned in here quite a few times.
Lately it seems to not even need wet weather.
I found the A320 in the last while to be quite bad in this respect.
Since the Seminole is a third party add-on, it is probably affected even more by this.

Thanks to all 3 of you for the comments and help. This morning i loaded up 2 other aircraft at the same parking spot. Both moved with moderate power, brakes work as expected, as do all other control surfaces. Then I loaded the Seminole in the same spot, made sure that the parking brake was released, and with full power it would not move! Looks like it must be a carenado problem? I wonder how I can report this to them? Or should I uninstall and reinstall?

And stop! I was in the Seminole I think, and ran off the end of a runway in heavy rain.

It was not a good approach, and with poor visibility! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Here is a link to their site.
You can report it in “Support”
https://www.carenado.com/sitecarenado/
Re-installing could help, but remember, a lot of MSFS settings are kept “in the cloud” and are restored with reinstalls. If you brought from MSStore, just delete and re-install that through the content manager.

It also might be in your rolling cache.
Emptying that might help.

Many thanks for that! I have reported it to carenado as you suggest. before i uninstall, etc i will wait to see what they say. Cashe is empty! I never flew a seminole IRL as there was none based at my small airport, but i really enjoyed it in p3d.

It wont hurt to delete and re-install the plane from the content manager.
You don’t need to wait if you don’t want to.
It is very easy to do, and won’t hurt a thing.
If you aren’t sure, we can walk you through it.

That’s cool that you were able to reproduce it.

Was it an addon airport or a default airport? What happens when you empty your Community folder (move the files out, not delete them)? What airport? Just that particular parking spot? Or does it happen at other spots on the same airport? Other airports?

What he meant about the cache was your configuration settings are cached, so it’ll remember them when you reload. I’m not sure how to deal with that, or if it’s even related to any settings that might be changed.

Interestingly, at least one of the times when I got stuck it was raining. But, man, it wasn’t just excessive power needed. When it gets stuck, it won’t move at all. You know, I forget if I tried using slew to move the plane from that spot to see what happens. If I did, then slew wouldn’t move it either, but, I don’t think I did.

This was a default airport: Grand Falls, ND. There was no rain around, dry pavement. So I started the Seminole at a parking spot, started it up, released the brakes, and it would not move under full power. I even exercised the props to see if that would help. So it was stuck. Closed down the sim, restarted, same airport but this time ready to fly on the runway. Released the parking brake, full power and went nowhere! I have rolling cashe turned OFF. Have never looked at the community folder but only thing there is KSDF. I guess i will wait to hear from Carenado, wish others with the same problem would submit a ticket. Thanks everyone!

Oooops, Grand Forks ND

Thanks, yes I can do that. No hurry tho. I have plenty of other planes to fly and airports to explore!! Would like to see if carenado will ever respond!! Take care all!

1 Like