Discussion: Sim Update 3 (1.14.5.0)

Same here i spent heaps upgrading so i could run it and when i get it all going good the latest update has grounded me again it is so temperamental and having no way to roll back updates is pathetic, saying that when it actually runs it is the most awesome sim ever i could not go back to FSX

1 Like

After this fiasco I haven’t, nor I will open MSFS until they launch a fix. These recurrent issues has disencoureged me to buy any third party add-ons until a stable plataform is available. Until then I will use the competitor sim, which is ugly but at least is consistent, smooth and has a good flight model.

2 Likes

I am on the same situation…

My FPS are the same until at some point it doesn’t matter my settings, location or airplane I get this HUGE fps loss. It is making the simulator unusable :frowning:
Asobo, please fix this. Until then, I will also go back to its competitor as FS is impossible to use right now.

They do keep an eye on the forum, and as such they are aware of things, but they schedule work through Zendesk support requests and the votes in the voting sections.

Anybody the same problem when loading a second flight in main menu, only another airport, —-CTD

Since update 3 of course

I have terrible fps/stuttering issues but no CTD, no.

1 Like

As you suggested, I posted my issue on the ‘Bugs and Issues’ forum. Will sit and see what happens.

After 6 months, I have learned that the ASOBO/MS team certainly is not a “rest on their laurels” bunch.
Although too slowly for some, I find them to be very responsive on most of the bigger issues.

I am absolutely positive that they will eventually fix the 1-hour Live Time discrepancy in the Hawaii Standard Time zone (HST = UTC - 10, there is no daylight savings time here) .

3 Likes

OK, your reply totally humbled mine … I think I was more knee-jerk than you were lol :¬)

Nope - Wikipedia says “predecessor” … which is correct. It’s in your list as the predecessor as well.
You do realise that if LockOn and DCS are both made by the same company, so I’m not sure why you are questioning the lineage?
The quote is part of a complete sentence, the subject of which was “Flaming Cliffs”, which was indeed an add-on for LockOn. The second iteration of Flaming Cliffs may have been made as a module for DCS World as LockOn had been abandoned by then.
You are not the only one who was around during those times — do you remember why LockOn was abandoned? The tanker :¬)

There is so much wrong in your text. But if you mean. I don’t like to argue about something like that. But there are enough in the DCS forum who would bite. Repeat your text there again. XD.

Server No. 16574

…as it was probably computer generated.
I had to ask them to correct my local airport, as the taxiways were named anticlockwise, instead of clockwise. They did reverse them.
Originally they had taxiway B as D, and D as A
Now, after fixing it, they have B as A and D as C.
Yaay! So, only one more fix needed !!

I was a cartographic digitiser for a few years, and I have seen this sort of problem since the late 80s.
We worked on Ordnance Survey digitisation, and spent a lot of our time correcting the AIs misinterpretation of features. Roundabouts were a classic - it takes just one missed curve to generate a 10 mile long pavement as wide as a road (yes, it should have been a road) as well as a roundabout that stretched for miles (due to linking the wrong points with a curve going the wrong way).

Yes, we are being the error checkers, because the whole of the world needs to be flown at 8,000 feet with 5miles+ visibility for the mistakes to be found. We would have had to pay a LOT more if it had been hand rendered, or corrected to 95% accurate.

I don’t mind, really, I am finding a lot of water issues in China, and I have only flown around 80 sq miles … China is approx 3.7 MILLION sq miles !!

1 Like

Wikipedia says …
“Digital Combat Simulator World (DCS World) is a free-to-play combat flight simulator primarily developed by Eagle Dynamics.”
" DCS World traces its lineage directly from the Flanker series of combat flight simulator games. Eagle Dynamics published DCS World’s direct predecessor with Ubisoft as Lock On: Modern Air Combat." - in other words, as you said, Lock On WAS the predecessor to DCS.

Lock On became Flaming Cliffs, which became Flaming Cliffs 2.0 (FC2) - FC2 was imported into DCS, so in effect Lock On was merged into DCS as a module. That was not clear, as I did not put the quotes in … it should have been “…Combat].” … “It was …” To make sure ppl realised they were two different quotes. I have corrected that.

The FBW A32NX works fine with the AP, and you should NOT have to fly it manually.
I use the development version of FBW A32NX as well, and have had no issues.
I suspect that having missing gauges/MFDs/PFDs points at a rather major issue.

Do you use the FlyByWire installer? https://flybywiresim.com/
It tells you when a new version is available, as well as checking the install.

You could also try checking the sim itself, for example does the issue go away when you remove A32NX from the community directory?
If not, then it is possibly due to an out-of-date A32NX. Once you get a sim/game update, it generally takes up to 24 hours for the mods to release a new version for compatibility (though often it is within a few hours). It’s best to check frequently for A32NX updates, I check by running the installer everytime I am about to start the sim.

1 Like

Seriously…i can’t even look at my sim setup anymore…makes me sick to think that what was once working so beautifully has been violently taken away. I like the analogy someone made about buying a brand new car with a defective engine. That’s why we have “Lemon Laws”. Maybe we can start a new subject category called “MSFS2020 and Your Mental Health”. My liver needs help.

8 Likes

As a friend of mine would say: “no alcohol can’t be the solution either” :wink:

@ottomw, this is another one of those posts that makes me wonder what it is that makes you special, and why bad things are happening to you that aren’t happening to other people. Don’t get me wrong, I’m not saying you are at fault for that, it could be something completely out of your control, or it could be something that is your fault, or it could be as simple as different expectations.

I’ve said before that even though you were kind of vague about what is ailing you, generally speaking I’m not seeing the problems other people are. I’m not having problems downloading anything, I’m not seeing slowdowns, and while I do see issues with plugins not working, with an app this complex, when the makers of those addons don’t have an advanced opportunity to make sure their addons are compatible, well, that’s just going to happen, and good addon makers will have fixes out fast.

Just look at FBW, they’re not even getting paid and they still had their fixes out within a few hours, although I did see at least a rumor that they had advanced access. Which is a good thing, but has to be handled carefully, unless they want those versions to just be out there for everybody to access.

As I said, I don’t know what your issues are, maybe if you want to elaborate myself or others might be able to help, and it’s absolutely something that may not be your fault at all. But the reality is you haven’t put enough info out there for us to do that yet. Good luck.

3 Likes

Your post is a joke right? Seriously, what the heck is wrong with those clouds? Is there a pixel out of place in your eyes? We want Asobo to take us seriously on legitimate issues. I’m so trying not to get caustic about stuff like this but OMG are we a spoiled society.

3 Likes

I did some testing over London and it’s absolutely obvious to me what’s up. There are just too many complex buildings that, to convey them all in the highest LOD setting, would kill the fastest computer around and put so much data traffic over the internet their servers would die. Asobo I believe saw this and made it so you have to be right on top of an area for those fully detailed objects and textures to render. Watch it go through the LOD levels as you’re flying around and you’ll see what I mean. I’m actually thanking them for doing so because it’s the only way we’re going to get some semblance of photogrammetry in huge cities with thousands of buildings without tremendous lag. Add in that places like London or Paris have buildings of the Victorian era with tremendous complexity (look for a simple roof among them) and it’s an impossible task.

I added a new M2 SSD to my computer for greatly expanded and faster caching, manually cached a great deal of London, and saw a marked improvement in the stuttering I had before. The bombed out areas updated far more quickly to decent textures and shapes as I approached them. This is definitely an issue of download data overload. Now if they’d just fix the UI for the manual cache life would be much better. I sent in a ticket for them to release to the public the structure of the manual cache so 3rd party developers could create some utilities to manage it. I think that idea is a win/win for us and them.

I really respect your post for being constructive. thank you very much for this respectful post. I should have given more info as to what I was referring to indeed.
My post was regarding the FPS fluctuation problem that was introduced with the last update.
Want an example? Try flying the new Chagual landing challenge. If you have a decent setup you are used to 40, 50 frames at this region and high config. With the latest update you will see that in the first 30 to 60 seconds there is a huge frame drop, that improves by the end of the challenge. This is only a example. I usually do 50 min flights with biz jets over the southwest of the Brazillian territory (mainly RIo - Sao Paulo route). During these flights, my frames dip to the high 10s and then go back to “normal” and eventually dip again (fluctuates)… This happens with vanilla aircraft and 3rd party freeware aircraft. This is the issue and I see many others have the same exact issue after SU3. I only have the workingtitle CJ4 at my community file.
My pc setup intel 10900k, rtx 3090 asus strix, 32gb @3733, windows 10 2T SSD seagate 520. Things were ok before this update.
Best regards.
Ps: sorry about my poor english

1 Like