Discussion: Sim Update 3 (1.14.5.0)

What if you had paid $20? Would you do it then?

1 Like

No, But I found that only happens if you activate the approach before you have reached reach the glide slope…

1 Like

My tuppence worth.

No issues updating at all here. Did my usual start the sim > redirected to store for the mandatory update > once updated click play in the store > sim starts > downloaded about 9.5Gb

Read in here that there was a potential issue with the FSX liveries and so I restarted the sim, but no additional updates (looks like issues of the liveries being included was fixed before I updated).

Went to content manager, and 30 updates required for the aviator liveries - ticked all those and they downloaded and installed in a couple of minutes.

Shut down sim and rebooted pc. Restarted sim, all looks good.

For those having CTDs, I think definitely worth checking you’ve got all the updates installed properly.

Update has had no impact on FPS that I can see (but I don’t chase it so have turned off the FPS counter - you should try it, it is quite liberating!)

All the fixes seem fine to me. I use the Alpha and Bravo honeycomb mapped through FSUIPC - all seems good. Flying is smooth, no CTDs. A good long list of much needed general fixes.

Only issue for me is that the update is underwhelming on the garmin G1000/G3000 front. I was expecting an overhaul a bit like the Working Title mods.

My speculation (and it is nothing more than that) is that the hinted “surprise” in the Q&A tonight is that they will announce integration of the WT mods into the base sim. That’s the only explanation I can come up with that makes any sense. But it is total speculation on my part.

4 Likes

This update 1.14.5.0 has broken my sim, after a long 8 hour day of flying yesterday.
I wake-up to date to the 1.14.5.0 update, think nothing of it, remove my community folder, hit update and all is well…
Until I restart the Sim that is… Upon restart, Flight Plan details will not populate in the world map, so I can’t set-up any flights.
Then I use one of my saved flight plans, press ‘Fly Now’; and immediately the Sim Crashes to Desktop…

Thanks for that Microsoft/Asobo, now how long is my sim going to be out of action due to this…?
Bugs Reported, sorrows not managed.

3 Likes

Did you get the additional 1Gb from the store?

This issue UI freeze in Content Manager is not new, I did notice it already after the last UK upgrade 1.13.16.0
But here with those 30 livery packages to upgrade, it is really painful

There’s a thread with a vote button here
Could please add your vote if you are impacted:
Content Manager Freezes - Bugs & Issues / Miscellaneous - Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums

And I open a Zendesk ticket, as it is 100% reproducible on my end

This sim update have broken the most essential mod for MSFS : the vegetation draw distance fix!

This mod was making the trees draw distance acceptable and actually barely noticeable in MSFS at almost no fps cost, now we are back to this ridiculous low draw distance, even in ultra!
This is the worse flaw in MSFS, I really hope this can soon be fixed, or that ASOBO let the moders knows how to fix it.
At this moment, I don’t even understand why the developpers are letting this in this state!
Please can you stop to make forced update? We should be able to chose as each update break things one could prefer not to…

11 Likes

You’re lucky. I had 11Mb/s on a 50Mb/s, took hours.

What’s on your list of broken things?

3 Likes
2 Likes

Almost 1000 replays in this topic in 2nd day after release patch means there is some serious issues with a game. When we can expect same statement from Devs about FPS drops. Hotfix really needed asap

3 Likes

You know that writing here take less than 10 seconds?

I updated fine this morning no problems on that part, The only issue i have now is the A320 does not follow my flight plan as soon as i activate AP

1 Like

I’ve had that similar issue yesterday during a testflight in the g1000 cessna 172 flying around KSFO at 2000ft.

Am I the only one who has absolutely no issue with this update?
Update downloaded an installed fine, runs stable, no CTDs, no FPS drop, if anything a slight increase in FPS inside glass cockpits.

10 Likes

Its all runing fine for me apart from the prob i stated above

I did have the stuttering that others have reported, where FPS is greatly impacted. They seemed to suggest that it was okay for a bit, then bad, then recovered.

I found it was more like the location was affected, where one side of an airport seemed stuttery, and the other did not. And not a busy airport, but a small UK airbase.

3 Likes

same for me! perfect update!

2 Likes

Same, mine has started doing circles around the departure airport and then just seems to go and do whatever it wants.

What is this -

• Load and Save Flight using the FlowFlightManager.

What is FlowFlightManager?