Discussion: Sim Update 3 (1.14.5.0)

This sim is the ultimate work of art and test of patience

8 Likes

Was it promised that the G1000 would be ā€œbrought up to dateā€?

INdeed. This was supposed to be it, and it didnā€™t happen.

Seriously, MS must have handed Garmin a huge-ā– ā– ā–  sack of money to license their name and likeliness(es) in the sim and not want to pull out of the deal due to the complete, cartoonish mockery that was made of the Garmin units.

5 Likes

Iā€™ve never had an issue with WX not matching real world, it does appear to be fully non working at the moment, but I always fly with live wx and it is usually very accurate. I do notice at this moment it is not pulling any weather data at all from any airport.

I did not see the Q&A but I doubt very much that they promised that it would be working perfectly and exactly like the real world Garmin. Do you have a quote or video you can share?

This update is a bit underwhelming. More like a minor patch instead of a ā€˜bigā€™ sim update I know Asobo is working hard but the (many) known bugs are still not fixed after 6 months. Andā€¦ FSX legacy liveries, really?

5 Likes

The update that finally broke my sim great 100% cpu usage 34% on the GPU I will try to find the issue

1 Like

What?

Are you serious? Do you think you can just slap real airline logos on everything and sell it?

Get real. Of course, it is a licensing issue.

One thing to check is your windows power profile, normally when I see this itā€™s because something changed it to power saving mode and the CPU is only running at about 50% base frequency.

That and i donā€™t care that some people rebuild complete cockpits in a room, although i like most of it. I travel a lot and play this to kill time as well and i donā€™t want to carry around joysticks. The impact of pressing the . or enter is way too much in comparisson with being airborn for 100 ft

Look it was not like that before the update

nothing changed!

Just found one for Carenado, but likely down to a change in the sim.

In their Piper Arrow, trim out, then lower the first stage of flaps. You are near instantly flipped straight down into a dive.

This doesnā€™t affect the C182T

Well now the wind sock directions are correctā€¦ :man_shrugging:t3:

True, but no matter what, people will still complain, why ā€œmy bugā€ is not yet fixed :wink:

2 Likes

Thatā€™s not the issue that weā€™re talking about. Itā€™s about wind vs. active runway on ATC and wrong ATIS.
The live weather got big improvements in the previous updates, but check out the third highest voted thread on the bugs&issues list of the Dev Snapshot.

It was a few Q&A sessions ago. They never promised 100% accuracy. What Jorg said is that originally they only included basic functionality because thatā€™s all that was needed. He then said heā€™d changed his mind and that for Sim Update 3, they would implement them ā€œcorrectlyā€, whatever that means.

Iā€™d honestly be happy to just see the glaring bugs and oversights fixed and let the WT team work on making the interface and extra functionality better.

1 Like

Hm, the FSX liveries are nicely done, but instead of recreating the Kenmore Air for each and every GA prop, some more creativity would have been nice ā€¦

Exactly. ā€œwhatever that meansā€. I donā€™t understand why so many people believe the marketing BS.

Played the updateā€¦then a new 1.5gig updateā€¦ And still all is going quick at the moment. A compliment for this

By the way @Jummivana , the docs are still not updated here Release Notes but if you download the SDK, the up to data docs are there