Discussion: Sim Update 3 (1.14.5.0)

Since updates my game crashes to desktop while loading into airport

Anyone have issues?

1 Like

Excited to see the Manual Cache working again! Iā€™m so busy downloading my favorite VOR areas right now , I havenā€™t taken time for flying. Thanks for making this a priority for next update! I can see the point of those who are disappointed that there arenā€™t new additions that are still needed, during this update. But so many of the fixes that were addressed, needed to be fixed. Now, back to my cachingā€¦

Is it a stock or 3rd party airport?

Same here, just restarted computer and going to retry. Cleaned community folder.

Whatā€™s this? Was it there before? I mean the fauna

1 Like

No, they havenā€™t evenstarted looking at it, it is in position 23 of the last feedback snapshot

1 Like

i cleared community file and still crashed. In world map can choose an airport but crashes towards the end of loading it.

oky thanks, community folder was empty !!! i reinstalled the 208, ths worksā€¦

I am a dedicated, long time Flight Simmer (like many here).
I wanted MSFS 2020 to be a Flight Simulator not a GAME.

Now I find myself, taking a deep breath, to calm down with my Frustrations with MSFS 2020, and keep telling myself ā€œDonā€™t get so update about it ā€“ Its only a GAMEā€ ā€“ here today, gone tomorrow (or in a few years time, when something Bigger & Better will take its place ā€¦ as with what happened with FSX)

So, just hang on, and enjoy the ride ā€“ even if you are prone to Motion Sickness !!

4 Likes

He said that initially they were going to leave it up to 3rd party devs to implement a proper G1000/G3000 simulation but then said they should be the ones to do it. A lot of us thought weā€™d be getting a much improved simulation of the Garmin products, not just a few bug fixes. I mean new pages, map options, fixes to flight planning, mixture controls, etc etc. Itā€™s not unreasonable to expect more from a sim update that we all thought would do those things.

7 Likes

Clear the roling cashe also ā€¦ and what videocard driver ?

Looks like it is crashing for people the minute the 3d ingame pictures start

Nice find! At least this will help solving the problem where 700 seagulls are spawning and not destroyed reported since September maybe (?), in case this bug is still not solved, at least user can disable all fauna with the slider so its seems.

Seagull model causes massive FPS drop when loaded - Archives / Bugs & Issues - Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums

PS: Search for other ā€œseagullā€ messages, there are many.

Especially with all the talking up of changes to the Garmins due in this update in past Q&As. Really, it looks like they did the bare minimum and moved on to something else.

On second thought, they didnā€™t even do the bare minimum. That would have been to fix long-standing bugs.

5 Likes

BTW: For those of you who have not noticed it yet

Update #3 has BROKEN the GNS530 Mod, ā€“ but the ā€œBrilliantā€ GNS530 MOD developer is already looking at it, and no doubt will have it fixed in ā€œhoursā€ not ā€œdaysā€ ā€¦ He is That GOOD !!

GO @ScorpionFilm422 :grinning:

5 Likes

yep Iā€™m seeing the same thing

cleared cache, emptied community folder, still crashing to desk top. Happens while loading into an airport. Tried 2 different airports. Thssucks.

I did a REPAIR and restart, no change.

The main problem here, is a clear lack of accountability. Outside of the public relation/marketing videos, the management team arenā€™t engaged with the community. Someone needs to hold their hands up and accept responsibility for the fiasco that is FS2020.

Canā€™t help but feel theyā€™re trying to kick the can down the road whilst a majority of their development team are working on the Xbox release.

4 Likes

Having mods broken by an update is not unexpected, to be honest. Mod devs need that time to catch up to whatever changes have been made. Iā€™m sure Scorpionfilms will have it fixed as soon as he can.

i canā€™t get in even with no mods in community. Any ideas?

@ChaoticSplendid, well you started out like me, with an old junk joystick, which is at least not flying with a keyboard. I cleaned mine up (it had been in a box for at least 8 years, and possibly was as old as 12-14 years, but I couldnā€™t tell you when or where (or more importantly why I bought it), and waited until I found a Thrustmaster t.16000m on Amazon for like $104.

I thought it was going to be just a step above junk itself, but itā€™s actually surprised me with how well itā€™s built, the features it has, and the number of buttons. In fact, itā€™s got so many buttons (4 on the stick, all used, 12 on the base, not all used (Iā€™m struggling to find things to do with them), and a now unused throttle axis that got retired when my Honeycomb Bravo arrived). It also has a twist rudder which is mandatory for me, because my disability means I canā€™t use rudder pedals, so an actual yoke (which is what I really want) is sadly out of the question. Iā€™m gonna see what Honeycomb brings to the table with their new joystick thatā€™s supposed to be out soon to see if Iā€™m gonna replace it or not, but I canā€™t imagine that I would expecially with all the unused stuff Iā€™ve got now!

But back on point, if I didnā€™t have that old joystick that came to my rescue, I just would have waited to get FS2020 in the first place, as Iā€™d rather not fly than fly using a keyboard. And I donā€™t understand why anybody would. Like I said, if you just flat out canā€™t find a joystick, then at least get an XBox(ish) controller for dirt cheap. Itā€™s better than nothing, which is better than a keyboard.

1 Like