Discussion: Sim Update 3 (1.14.5.0)

after the upgrade, I never found the promised Contrails. where are they?

Wear: We can now increase the wear of the fuselage to get a slightly higher parasitic drag and simulate older aircraft.

Notice: The changes only affects the next flight and they are not persistent.

I have just been for a flight around Bryce Canyon. I noticed that the level of detail appeared to be higher (into the distance) and any scenery ‘pop in’ seemed to be significantly less than equivalent flights I have made in this area on prior versions of the Sim. I have terrain detail on 200 and Ultra. All of my settings have been consistent so the only difference is the latest update. Interested in other views around LOD and pop in improvements. Placebo or not?

that is exactly what is happening :slight_smile:

4 Likes

So… Who thinks they’ll be listing the Garmin fixes in the bug list as FIXED / COMPLETE (despite it not being so) with the dev update on Thursday and then move on from it?

2 Likes

yep same issue

latest gtx 1060 driver

The reason FSX worked and had great addons because there hardly where any CORE updates by microsoft.

That way the community had time ti develop and make it great.

Now with all the shouting for updates we have this “ mod broken “ discussions all the time AND. Mod developers are spending time on repairing their mods instead of developing them

1 Like

I am confused, wasn’t Asobo supposed to improve the Garmin units instead of breaking them?

Perhaps revert back to an older driver to test.
Not sure what other options

What it my eyes or did the new patch say there was 107 POI’s for the last UK and Ireland World Update?

But if it’s a mod that isn’t asobo’s fault.

2 Likes

@VaporyMacaroon2, I think you are probably right. But when it’s all said and done, that’s actually a good thing for us PC simmers who are serious about realistic flying, because all that XBox revenue is going to feed an excrement-load of devs for a long time who will spend most of their time on our stuff, once the XBox version is “in the can”.

Upon sim restart Windows store said there was an update. Ok, done. Open sim and another 2.35 gb update need. This is after the 4~ gb update earlier. What gives?

4 Likes

Maybe, or they’ll start developing the sequel :scream_cat:

I can´t start a flight after the pacth???
Any ideas?

I am so glad they fixed the MANUAL CACHE.:clap::clap::pray:

Has anybody else noticed blurry text in the World Map, I’m using a Reverb G2 and that was pretty crisp before but now is a bit of a mess.

I don’t know if today’s update installed or not. Said it was 5GB, took about 10 mins and said complete. Version # still shows 1.13.17.0 Hmmmmm