Discussion: Sim Update 3 (1.14.5.0)

Same here, currently sat at 40k going over the Alps with the sun going down, all looking good, good frame rates in VR

3 Likes

Every display in every glass cockpit plane isn’t working any more after the update. Any ideas to fix?

Does anyone know what an Aviators Club, a Kenmore, and a Test Pilot actually are? ALl these incredible nondescript names which mean nothing are not helpful.

The TBM930 aviators club was updated from 0.1.7 to 0.1.8 after this update (I found a whole bunch of content update in the content manager which is not mentioned in theupdate notes.

So What is this update? Does it affect the functiopnality of the TBM930, which is what I care about, or is it some other stuff I’m not bothered about?

Liveries, I think.

For those stuck with update 1.13.17.0: Applying the repair function to the MSFS-App in add or remove programs section of Windows 10 solved the issue for me

1 Like

Restart PC, see if it helps

I’ve written this not long ago:

1 Like

did you submitted to Zendesk?

Then why not use the ****** word LIVERIES in the title. PAH!

1 Like

Nice! You know what I noticed is killing my frame rates in VR? A32NX flybywire textures. I need to remove them keep everything else

If only that were true. The upgrade has been really problematic dependent on how it was run. Checkout the problems being reported on airports. I Dont understand it, but for some of us, the upgrade seemed to come in three stages - the first, initiated by FS itself, of about 3.5 GB ( which broke the sim, and meant airports could not be selected). Then, re-start, and a second upload of about 1.4GM (again initiated by FS itself) which still left it broken, and prone to CTD after airport selection. AND THEN, the Interface pointed to a 4.5GB download form Microsoft store, which seems to have gone OK. SO, SO, MESSY!

@Crunchmeister71, what (if anything) did they do to the Garmin stuff? Short of bringing in the actual Garmin programmers and making a completely “real” version for MSFS, I don’t think they were going to catch up to what WT and @ScorpionFilm422 have done to the Garmins, and they probably figured that out so just left well enough alone rather than spending who knows how much time to not even catch up to the freeware stuff. That’s what I would have done.

Of course, if that’s what they did, it would be nice if they just came out and said so. After all, it’s a very reasonable choice to have made.

2 Likes

FSX liveries LOL infinite flight has every major livery and it’s a mobile sim sheeesh

Months ago Asobo was fixing CTDs. I am happy that Asobo can hopefully(!) progress from making the beta software from 20th August 2020 into a “real delivery” to the topic of fixing non-lethal bugs.

I’m not expecting Asobo to bring the Garmins up to that level. That will be modders doing that.

What I expected is that they would fix the underlying bugs that modders are unable to get around due to them being kernel-level calls (Direct to issues, turnaround bug, various flight planner issues) and then the modders could do their thing.

It appears what they define as “doing it right” is adding OBS (a welcome addition, although not exposing that function via SimConnect was short-sighted) and LDA, but ignoring all the underlying bugs.

2 Likes

Guess liveries weren’t the only things ported over from FSX:

7 Likes

Handy to know cheers :+1: Havn’t touched the 320NX yet, just taking the 787 for a quick outing first. No problems so far with it or the sim (yet) so happy enough. Will run into problems coming into Heathrow but then that’s kind of a given seeing as it and London are a real FPS hog :crossed_fingers:

1 Like

Maybe not, but I know Jorg was saying that the 3rd party vendors are waiting on improvements to the G1000 and G300 before working on these aircraft.

Very disappointed to say the least.

4 Likes

Liveries

Kenmore is, back to the old FSX days, the company that was delivering loads of salmon in the San Juan Islands mission

As I see Asobo undid the “flight dynamics bug” and the less well known “other interpretation of drag_coef_zero_lift bug”. With version 1.13.17.0 Asobo checked out the old baseline and not the bleeding edge version of the flight dynamics engine part of the simulation.

1 Like