Discussion: Sim Update 3 (1.14.5.0)

Like everyone else here I welcome the bug fixes, but surprised at the lack of improvement in the G1000/G3000 since that was touted as the main focus of this update.

Now to speculation. We had reference in the comms in the last couple of weeks to a bit of a surprise in the Q&A tomorrow. I wonder if…they are going to say they are integrating the WT G1000 and G3000 mods into the base sim (soon).

I know, pure speculation, but I can’t think of any other explanation as to why this update is so lacking in imrprovements to the Garmins - especially the fly back bug. As I saud, the fixes are very welcome, btu this update feels light weight - with apologies to the devs who no doubt have worked hard on this and I have no idea of how hard this all is to do - just what it feels like to me.

13 Likes

I seem to be having a problem or two with the 747 - 8.

1. I used to be able to adjust the pilot seating by hitting the up and down arrows on the keyboard, to be able to look out the window? now it moves me back-and-forth as in front to back and the other arrow key still make me go left and right is there any way for me to change that to make me to be able to go up-and-down in the seat again?

2. I notice that now the VNAV and LNAV have no longer engage automatically when activating the auto pilot. And that’s fine, I don’t mind turning them on. the problem is now when I engage them my plane goes into a bad over speed while it’s climbing, what can I do to fix that or is that a new bug?

3. For those in might wanna know salty’s 747 is not even coming up in the aircraft, if you put it into the community folder.

If I could fix the up-and-down on the arrow keys and figure out why I’m getting over speed you can count me a very happy man.

They absolutely have to come up with staged releases instead of these forced, mandatory, unavoidable, immature, broken, unready, beta updates which are forced on everyone.

I should be able to opt out of the update when it first appears. There are plenty of brave and knowledgeable people who will be happy to run early releases, but we cannot continue with a system where every few weeks our hobby is trashed for a while with broken, insufficiently tested beta releases which are forced on us.

I know it’s software as a service and all that, and I understand the benefits of that delivery system, but it doesn’t work without a controlled release methodology.

What we have just now is just a big gamble, and we are the paying mugs it’s being dumped on.

It’s not like there were even any major changes in this update, yet it seems to have caused a lot of problems.

I for one have decided I am not buying any more paid for addons until this situation is improved. My experience so far is that the paid for addon providers are among the slowest to respond to update/fix requests, whereas the freeware market devs are usually very quick to respond.

So all in all, this is bad for MS and Asobo as people will, like me, lose confidence in spending money on the sim in this state, and that cannot be good for the future of the sim, or MS’s commitment to continued development. But this situation is their own doing, and we have been talking about this for months without a solution.

18 Likes

Am I the only one that noticed around 15 fps drop in performance compared to previous version.

What kind of crappy update was this???

This was supposed to big a big update fixing major issues and instead it’s a downgrade.

My god, I’m really starting to believe that MS/Asobo are really high on something right about now.

5 Likes

Did you check the mapping for the arrow keys? I did have to remap my up and down arrows keys for the seat up down once, but it’s kept working for me since I did that.
I’ll take a look at the 747.

Nope, performance is still the same for me. Maybe even a bit better.

1 Like

To be quite honest, you may have to tell me which setting is for that, because the naming on some of these controls has this 48 year old fart very much cornfused. :crazy_face:

No they are not

1 Like

Hopefully something along those lines, otherwise I’ll be very disappointed if this surprise is another world update or livery.

Yep, and still nothing about choosing a course when selecting a direct to, very useful to create some kind of “localizer” on small runway

I hope they will have a good explanation tomorrow…

I got the first chunk via the Store. Then I started the game and got…9.46 Gb… waiting for it now :yum: can’t wait to play around with these “authority” settings for rudder, elevator, aeleron… btw I’m glad these settings are NOT saved…

They even launched 2 days early, so it looks like they were confident, which shows how little they obviously knew about the reality of the stability of the release.

2 Likes

No problem. Look for Increase Cockpit View Height and decrease cockpit view height. I’m flying the 747 now…

Seeing a few comments on here about mods not working. Can’t stress enough - mods will not work until the modders have had a chance to update to reflect the new base sim. So don’t be surprised that the WT G3000 doesn’t work or the Salty 747 doesn’t load. Just give the modders a chance.

Also seen some comments about Garmin screens not starting up when you load the sim. See the known issues:

So restart the flight and try again if you have this issue.

4 Likes

No, they didn’t. It was planned for today since at least last Thursday’s Dev Update.

2 Likes

About the date, nearly all previous game updates, not news updates were released on tuesday, it was 03/09 on the roadmap

2 Likes

Same here. I brought my p.c. home to try flying off-line with freshly cached scenery, only to see that MSFS wants to update again. Oh well, I’ll load pc back into car, take to office where high speed connection can get this next one… :grimacing::unamused::pensive::zzz:

Oh ok. I thought I saw Thursday.

1 Like

Smooth download and install, plenty of fixes and improvements in this update!

Will dig deeper into it during the weekend!

1 Like

Just took off CYVR to KPDX with LNAV and VNAV. After I took off and cleaned up she accelerated to 250 and pitched up and is holding 250. What steps can I follow to see your overspeed thing to see if I can figure it out?