Discussion: Sim Update 3 (1.14.5.0)

No they didn’t. Patches have always been on Tuesdays, following Microsoft’s “Patch Tuesday” schedule. Always.

The only exceptions were when there were delays due to issues.

To any of you with performance issues - try turning vsync off and re-test.

So I used to get around 45-60 fps with the deault A320. Now I’m getting around 30-40 fps. About a 15 fps drop. And I also noticed that my GPU is only getting loads of around 4-14% only.

What the heck is going on?

It was running good before.

Is anyone experiencing fps loss with the new update?

4 Likes

You have a CRJ already or do you mean CJ4? :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I think the LOD has deteriorated, because now the buildings and trees are generated even later (LOD200 High Details) when I fly at 3000 ft the buildings and trees are generated very late, so the land looks very flat … and as always … stutter. why does ASOBO not finally fix this stuttering, why something else is always changed … incomprehensible … downscaling was probably carried out here so that VR flying is possible without getting still images …

1 Like

Disable v-sync if you had it on…

my GPU is running 1-max 10%,completely incomprehensible

without V-Sync !!

I’ll tell you one MAJOR thing solved that I tested to make sure…the departure out of and arrival into KORD is no longer an issue mixing frequencies. They overrode the ATIS when there’s a conflict! YAY!!

3 Likes

A wild guess, bug given the introduction of the flaps code base merged with the release “by error”, and most likely the deadline for DX12 implementation is 3 months from now (after it will be internal testing and validation for Xbox), there is a possibility some of the refactoring done for DX12 is creeping in the DX11 code base right now and causes this. Because handling CPU/GPU fences/sync is really different when dealing with DX12 command buffers, which in turn makes the code using different buffer handling/logic and synchronization points, which in turn causes disruption in the flow for DX11. Just a wild guess, but the visible deterioration of CPU/GPU sync problems I can monitor and see tells me there are more profound changes to the rendering engine beneath.

2 Likes

I had it off as I always do.

Does anyone know what this new sillyness is in the traffic option? After update it was at 100%. Changed it to 0 with no improvement in performance.

This is really ■■■■■■■ me off. How can I go from running almost 60 fps to now 30-40 fps.

1 Like

I think you need to review the Feature Presentation Series videos.

I know right?

Whilst i appreciate the work going into the updates it’s pretty disappointing that almost 7 months after releasing, chemtrails are the only thing done effects wise & that’s still purely on the player aircraft for now. Fixing things that should’ve worked half a year ago shouldn’t be classed as a ‘major update’ imo. All this time later & there’s still;

• No tire smoke
  • No water wake (water physics need majorly sorting of course)
  • Afterburners don’t look or act anywhere near how they should
  • No fire & smoke bursts on engine start-up for some aircraft etc.
  • No chemtrails on AI/MP aircraft

Whilst these things weren’t crucial at release (even though they should still have been done), 7 months later & 7 months of 3rd party aircraft just highlights these missing features which should’ve been started on way sooner.

Then you can still also point out the ongoing lack of;

• Real-world liveries
  • AI traffic that isn’t temperamental
  • Water & cockpit reflections that aren’t ugly blocks
  • Any real fsx style mission content (although it’s worth waiting for more aircraft variety)
  • The stutter on any settings or any PC
  • A fix for that bubble around aircraft that wipes shadows & reflections
  • LOD distance increase on objects that appear/disappear way too close to players position
  • Ability to see each challenge score without having to load in & fly it every time.

Of course fixes are good but for the list of things that still won’t be done 8-12 months or longer from now. It’s disappointing.

10 Likes

Layered Menues and Windows at VR is ongoing mismatched.
I have partial problems to select Items (…already at single menues).
Latest, if two window Headlines are layered above, then i run sometimes in trouble to select Window elements as e.g. the Window closer of the Top window w/o mismatching my clicks and their effects to the window below. Or i cannot select them at all, if two window Headlines are layered over each other. So not only an Menue issue and also not completely fixed.

As workaround I need to shift one of the windows away before i can select items there properly.
I feel again a little, as at the 1980ts and 1990ts as layered Windows for Operating systems where a new features at Apple and Microsoft.

A second Issue:
In VR-View all 3D Text Info Boxes (Airport Names, Sightseeings) are blurred out for me including the blue/white Sign with black text. Occurs only in VR. In normal 3D Windows they look OK.

For Menues see also Asobo Announcement:

• Release Notes (1.14.5.0)

Virtual Reality:
    • When a toolbar menu is opaque, it will now hide properly menus that are positioned behind it

i just rebooted computer and checked all of my settings. Still low GPU usage and 15+ fps loss.

Having a quick pre-work spin in the 152 and can’t get any ATC audio

Edit: nvm, brain fart, using wrong comms stack…

This is exactly what is happening with me. I’m running a 3080 with 10900K and this is total ■■■■■■■■.

1 Like