Discussion: Sim Update 3 (1.14.5.0)

Where should I turn back to, guys ?

P3D or XP ?

1 Like

I’d go back to Minesweeper:

9 Likes

There is no Xbox game pass application. Do you mean the xbox app?

He probably means the Xbox app. If you buy the MFS, you can install it via the Microsoft Store app or also via the Xbox app. The Game pass works in both.

Everything working fine after update. Still 30-40 fps in VR and Nvidia 461.72 drivers. Download was troublefree. I don’t have any secret recipes.

3 Likes

I’m definitely getting lower FPS, and a lot more stutters and pauses. Wasn’t expecting that from a 10900K and 3090.

1 Like

I can understand your frustration: I’m on an i7 7700k, GTX 1080ti. And, everything, as I said above, is fine.

Literally same specs, it’s all pretty much the same for me.

I noticed that when flying on a GA aircraft in an area where there’s no PG, after some time the CPU load decreases and then my FPS go up again.
So I assume that somehow the CPU is bottlenecking due to loading the Bing data - once it’s cached your surrounding and only loads further away stuff, the fps impact isn’t that significant.

Still testing, I’m getting 30-40 fps on a Ryzen 5 3600XT and RTX 2080 with 16GB RAM, no matter how I set the graphics quality - as long as it’s loading data from the servers, i can’t get any higher.
The bandwith isn’t the issue either. In non-PG area my 50MBit are only used for 2Mbit by the sim. So it’s some kind of transformation happening with the CPU threads that is the issue for me. Enabling/dsiabling rolling cache doesn’t help either. RAM and GPU-Memory are only half full around Frankfurt/Germany.

What is this ?

This sim was working ok before this update, please do not force these updates on us.

Please give us the freedom to choose when to update, very disappointing.

1 Like

Tree Draw distance broken.
Horizon Line still not fixed from pre release.
POI objects LOD issues not fixed for months.

I’m beginning to wonder if Asobo/Microsoft actually want to fix the most obvious errors like the 3 above, this update should’ve been much bigger than what it is.

3 Likes

Maybe try removing the copilot mod

1 Like

I know, but it’s worth a shot imo.

You might want to further read this:
What's Going to be in the Next Update - #90 by CptLucky8

No it isn’t. There were a few other postings here suggesting to overclock the GPU or change fan curves etc., this is not only pointless but might result in people having even more issues.

2 Likes

I guess, I’ll try it anyway if it doesn’t perform well though.

Okay had to do a full reinstall last night after the update because the game game locked after the update and wouldn’t load. I then had to reload most of the files in the community folder even though I had saved the folder separately with a different name. I painstakingly reinstalled the missing community folder files and restarted the sim at Headcorn with the spitfire, which is my go to start atm, but my FPS has dropped from 32 to 21 killing the whole experience, even with my preferred graphics settings. The is becoming a joke and whilst some may be seeing benefits, I like a number of others on this site, are not! I am so fed up with this constant update fiasco that I would just head off to the pub now if they were open! I am not sure I can face constant tweaking again because of this drop in performance, I just want to fly rather than play programmer, is that too much to ask?!

1 Like

SOO
 to conclude, after using every MS Sim since 1995, using this one via the gamepass since august and now just upgraded to Premium Deluxe, which left me with a non working, not even starting 787, a A320 vatsim flyable only with a mod, as well as with some (TBM and Cessna) ok usable Airplanes.
With every Update they went with the one step forward, two step backwards policy, WHY? who knows. The lights in the BETA: great, in the release not so great, with a update, the worst. The trees in release, great. with a update worse, (with mod great again) with a new updater even worse again.
i don’t want to start with the whole mess when it comes to photogrammetry, roaling cache, manual cache which doesn’t work at all when trying to cache for example a area bigger then one small city. and so on.
Haven’t had a issue regarding CTD so far with the sim
 i mean game but 1.14.5.0 finaly broke the FS2020 for me as well, ontop UK Update crippled the FPS.
Five mods and the livery megapack result in 4:50min load time only to crash randomly with no message after 1-10min.

System: R9 3900X, X5700XT, 64gb RAM (3600mhz), 2x1TB m.2 SSD PCIe4.0 (4800mb/s)

Faulting application name: FlightSimulator.exe, version: 0.0.0.0, timestamp: 0x6040b793
Faulting module name: VCRUNTIME140.dll, version: 14.28.29231.0, timestamp: 0x5f4c66c9
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Error offset: 0x00000000000014b4
Faulting process id: 0x28a4
Faulting application start time: 0x01d715a7e8016ef7
Faulting application path: C: \ Program Files \ WindowsApps \ Microsoft.FlightSimulator_1.14.5.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe \ FlightSimulator.exe
Faulting module path: C: \ Program Files \ WindowsApps \ Microsoft.VCLibs.140.00.UWPDesktop_14.0.29231.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe \ VCRUNTIME140.dll
Report ID: f91f939d-1eb2-490a-8579-d5a5104fe78e
Faulting package full name: Microsoft.FlightSimulator_1.14.5.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe
Application ID relative to the failed package: App
2 Likes

Thanks, it worked, but I still wish we had the freedom when to update or even skip updates.

Best regards,

2 Likes

I’m sure that mod will be updated shortly, to make it compatible with the newly updated sim and you’ll be able to put it back.

As for mandatory updates, the online nature of the sim leaves them very little choice. If you do a forum search for something like “mandatory updates”, you’ll find loads of discussion on the subject.

2 Likes