Discussion: Sim Update 3 (1.14.5.0)

Those 2 "good points are not MSFS. They’re a result of the FBW team’s work in spite of Asobo’s shoddy foundation to build on.

4 Likes

Pilot2ATC is great, not just because it’s great to be able to talk to ATC using proper RT protocols but also because of its excellent flight planning and use of SIDs and STARs.

Well worth the money imo for the serious simmer.

2 Likes

Is there some explanation out there about the things that have been changed? I don’t understand some parts of the changelog, for example:
“VOR / ADF Feature implemented”. You could tune in VOR / NDBs before. So whats different now?
Are there (perhaps important) changes not mentioned?

1 Like

Just flew the 787 after today’s update (don’t know why there were two, one yesterday and one today with the same patch number). Everything was going on pretty well until about 200 miles of flight when any visual setting stopped working with both mouse, keyboard, and joystick. I restarted the flight and then the game crashed to the desktop. I didn’t experience a similar problem since September or October.

Another update again today, same version number… anyone?

Same for me

Started MSFS today and got the additional liveries as an update. Somehow I didn’t get them yesterday during the update.
As I said before after update MSFS is stable, improvement in Garmin avionics are nice, though in no way excessive. I have zero performance impact, FPS mostly like before, only in glass cockpits slightly better FPS.
SU3 is satisfactory for me.

Yes I just got the same now too. Weirdly there were no Content Manager updates available in MSFS yesterday, so I just quit the sim and assumed if I re-loaded today then they’d appear. Alas it seems I have to re-download the 4.84gb update again…

looks like im going to have to uninstall and reinstall the game, this last update has totally wipe me out from playing this game due to CTD

Sorry if this has already been mentioned, has anyone had any issues where the update will not move past 1/211? Seems to just keep looping on the Asobo b787 aircraft for me.

Its Honeycombs fault, i use fsuipc7 to overcome this, i use msfs to mat the throttles, reverse, and flaps, and the plus/minus but all buttons that is always on i program with fsuipc, gear, ap, switches etc so that i get 1 incr/decr

Did you find anything to fix this? Mine is doing the exact same!

If I use the mouse button to adjust the heading it will jump 10 degrees as I click but if I then hold the mouse button down it will go up in steps of 1 degree until I release it.
So at the moment if I want to go a few degrees to the left, I Click the mouse button in the opposite direction to get 10 degrees to the right, release the button then click again for 10 degrees to left and then hold it for the few extra degrees I need to the left.

Not ideal I know but it does at least allow me to change direction using the heading dial.

1 Like

Honeycomb products are not the only ones triggering this issue. These products work fine in other sims. This is poor programming on Asobo’s part.

I have never seen any animals in MSFS, no seagulls or anything. I am especially disappointed that there are no cats, so much so that I would close the sim and take the dog for a walk instead, if I had a dog :upside_down_face:

Umm… no. It’s Asobo’s integrated support / drivers / whatever you want to call it for Honeycomb that’s the problem.

Correct. I have an “always on” slider switch on my Logitech X56’s throttle. That would also cause the issue.

Ironically, Logitech’s switch panel - also using always on switches - doesn’t cause this issue. That’s likely fixed at the driver level with their flight support software layer. That software is problematic in many ways too, but at least it got around that issue. Likely in the same manner that FSUIPC does - by only passing the initial the ON state to the sim vs displaying the HOLD state to the sim.

Just took my first spin in the TBM 930 after applying sim update 3 and without any mods.

Was looking forward to see how the Garmin 3000 changed after the update. After hearing people say Asobo’s goal was to bring the Garmin equipment as close to the real thing as possible. One thing I checked first was if it was now possible to change the ALT UNITS from IN to hPa. To me, this would be seen as a very basic function. And quite important. Based on the fact how widely used hPa is outside US.

But nope…you’re still stuck having the barometric pressure shown in IN.

Oh well, good thing we have the WT mods…

You knew all along didn’t you? :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

Is that what they’ve said? Been busy so not been able to watch the live stream!

2 Likes

Yes, WT is officially partnering with Asobo.

WT mods will be integrated in the base sim too!

5 Likes