Discussion: Sim Update 3 (1.14.5.0)

Dont know what the principal is, but that is how it’s always worked in FS series. You hold trim key down for 1 min and want to undo what you just did just a key press wont undo it, it has to be a key press equal to the time of the opposing key press.

There was an excellent tutorial on this back in the FS9 days (well it was a take off tutorial), but he went into this fact and I have always found it to work this way. If you watch your trim wheel while you pressing the keys you can see it in its effect.

Sure, the sim just keeps moving the trim wheel until the KeyRelease event is released. But there is, with traditional keyboards anyway, a difference between a lightly pressed key or a firmly pressed key. That would be nice, pressing the key a little bit would move the trim wheel slightly, while pressing it more enthusiastically would move the trim wheel with a greater amount.

Huh? Other than the example that @CptLucky8 posted above, which I didn’t even know existed, every keyboard I have ever used myself is of the on/off variety. Mechanical, rubber-membrane, they have all been on/off. They make different sounds, but that’s about it. I have Blue switches at home in my DAS Keyboard mechanical at home, and I use the same keyboard with Brown switches at work, as well as the 5Q with the Gamma Zulu switches. They are all on/off, no matter how enthusiastically I press them.

What traditional keyboards are you referring to?

You mean as in an oldfashioned, manual, analog typewriter?

Yeah, a lever action typewriter is definitely analogue in nature, and you can kiss the paper, or drill a hole through it. :slight_smile:

Sorry, I meant to say “not a difference”.

1 Like

Okay, that makes sense! :slight_smile:

Not much difference since patch from today. Before WU 3 it was much smoother and more fps. I quit this sim now and waiting until dx 12 and dlss is implemented. No fun in this state, and these horrible freeze , little pauses all the time. No way to use it for me momentarily. sorry @AsoboPM

Expected a bit more from you.
With todays hardware and graphic engines this is too weak and worst performance with 10900k at 5.2 ghz 32 gigs of ram and a asus rog strix 3090 !!!

1 Like

That is strange. But perhaps you have turned something on to do with DLSS and because it is not implemented, that is why it is giving problems?

Also, your hardware should be able to run it without any problems.
I only have a three year old Ryzen 1600 @ 3.4 and a rubbish r9 390 8GB and I get 20 fps and that’s playable. I mean, it’s not perfect, sure.

Have you tried disabling everything “special” like DLSS and bloom etc. and turning them on one by one to see what is causing it?
I also have to say that it’s difficult to know what your issue is, you just say “More FPS and smoother”, so unless you are getting 18fps or lower, you are still doing much better than lots of us :¬)

You might find this topic interesting:

https://www.avsim.com/forums/topic/597920-jörg-neumann-regarding-reception-data-xbox-and-add-ons/

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.