Discussion: Top Rudder Solo 103

Let’s put it this way… If you found ALL the GA planes in MSFS so unrealistic that they aren’t worth flying, I don’t think this will change your mind. I am out of this conversation.

7 Likes

Really looking forward to flying this in VR.
Thanks to the developers for their hard work it’s appreciated by me :+1:

1 Like

Good questions! I might think that for such a simple craft (3 avionics) they might add some goodies in there but not sure

It’s pretty slick! Looking forward to giving it a try in VR later. Thanks Asobo :slight_smile:

1 Like

Ouch I spent my last 30 euros on Cessna-L19 last week (really enjoyable aircraft !) but my comments on this one will be next week. Looks very interesting…

Just curious how many “A2A, Simcoders, Hotstart, Milviz level” Ultralight aircraft for $9.99 or less there are out there? I honestly don’t know, maybe I would be surprised, but it seems like it would have been a more valid question if they had been releasing something a little more substantial.

9 Likes

I second @BostonJeremy77 - if you find ALL the GA aircraft eye-candy, unrealistic, and not worth buying, you should refrain from buying this one as well. It’s not going to change your opinion about MSFS’ planes.

I’m quite enjoying it. It has the ability to land in all sorts of unexpected places! Such as the roof of the Rogers Center in Toronto.

Great fun for a casual fly around the city. For those who want a full study level plane with wear and tear, random failure (more than what you get from the Failures menu - that works for this plane), maintenance and all the other things, this isn’t it, don’t buy it if you want all that.

3 Likes

I wonder if this is better than the nemeth that was one of my worse purchases

Zibo 737 is free, and so is A2A Simulation’s P-40 and HoldMyBeer’s SR-22, and the latter two have full circuit breaker simulation even, amongst many other features.

That’s the issue. I have no idea if this aircraft from Microsoft, Asobo et al is a “substantial” release, and believing them again is extremely tough as well, after experimenting with their absolute comedy flight model, inaccurate avionics and useless automation systems in MSFS 2020 for 6-8 months, and knowing how false, inaccurate and borderline deceptive their marketing language and advertisements are.

MSFS store page description still states false and hilarious statements such as “highly detailed and accurate aircraft”, “face realistic, challenging weather conditions”, “plus 10 additional highly accurate planes with unique flight models”, all of which is absolutely false assertions.

That’s why I was asking Jayne those questions because I trust her way more than anyone who works at Microsoft and Asobo. She never lied to me.

5 Likes

having an absolute blast in this thing. perfect for low and slow sightseeing.

5 Likes

Sounds like you already made up your mind about the sim. I got nothing for you.

4 Likes

In my opinion - there’s a huge gap between the default MSFS aircraft and “study level”. I’m fine with something in between. But IMO the default aircraft are so, so bad that I honestly can’t even pretend to fly them.

Scott

Fair enough, if you feel that way I suppose things are improving as well… slowly, but you do have some decent third party planes now, and you don’t have to pretend to fly the default planes.

PMDG should be in by the end of the year. Of course you could always fly P3D and/or XP for another few months while the big studios bring their products over to MSFS.

1 Like

Sadly I only fly GA (I’m a real life private pilot and like to fly planes that are something I could fly in real life) so PMDG isn’t really going to help me. Are there other “semi-decent” GA aircraft available?

Right now I’m really enjoying the JustFlight Piper Arrow III - I find it’s really quite good and JustFlight is doing an AWESOME job of post-release support. Unfortunately it really highlights how poor the out-of-the-box GA aircraft are.

At some point I really hope I can take off using the OOTB aircraft and stay somewhat near the centerline, without having to adjust controller sensitivities to tone down the incredible twitchiness. the JustFlight Arrow shows it is possible!

Scott

Man this plane is super awesome. Great model, the engine is fun to inspect, and great sounds; the engine and prop wash scales up nicely with throttle. I’ve never considered an ultralight in FS before and surprisingly it’s a blast to fly. This is a polished add-on and well worth $10.

11 Likes

If you find aircraft like the AT Simulations Piaggio P149 or the Just Flight Arrow unrealistic, then the chances you will be happy with an Asobo designed $10 ultralight (basically done for a bit of fun) up to your standards is zero - simply do not buy it.

BTW if you are talking default planes, fair enough most of them are pretty ordinary.

To be honest though I think people claiming they want an accurate “study level” flight model on an addon that is basically representing a one off experimental/home-built ultralight (no two of these ever fly the same) a little bit odd.

8 Likes

Maybe a touch off topic but does anybody recognize this location? I’d love to fly around there.

I wish there was a list of locations used in the promotional material!

not slightly, completely off-topic.

true, but it was a reply to an off topic question and there seemed no where else to put it

If you want to talk about third party aircraft, the logical place would be the Latest Third Party Addon Discussion/Aircraft topics - Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums section of the forums.

This is a topic about the Top Rudder Solo 103 release. The previous poster at least asked about a picture on that airplane marketplace page.

2 Likes