Discussion: Update #4 (1.9.5.0)

Look at screenshots, you must have different idea of what is amazing.

2 Likes

But the screenshots aren’t of the exact same place, so impossible to compare with those screenshots.

1 Like

Clear cache. That usually does the trick here!

Hang in there, Asobo are actively working on it. They are doing their best and fixing issues

4 Likes

but no need to be the exact place dude, just look at the different type of buildings, before and after…

I’ll look at my screen instead. The sim looks awesome.

Because it isn’t a comparison. This dude just posted two random screenshots from after the patch and expected people to just believe that it looks worse than before (it doesn’t).

And the funniest part is that the usual suspects who immediately jumped on this to ■■■■■■■■■■ and bash the game and the developers actually believed it’s a comparison and posted like there was an imaginary difference. :joy::joy::joy:

Talk about being completely clueless. :joy:

10 Likes

I’m angry too brother. Your eloquent post highlights many of the deficiencies with the title, and the counterintuitive experience of patches actually making things worse rather than better. We deserve better for our money. We deserve better from Asobo and Microsoft.

11 Likes

Can you validate this? I still get it. What was the community folder change?

I’m currently at work so I’m unable to test the recent mod by FlybyWire. Can anyone tell me if the A320nx mod is working properly??

I feel like there’s TONNES of AI traffic now

Although I suppose it is rush hour here in the UK. Still, more than I’ve ever seen.

2 Likes

I still have to press the button… yeah update and three restarts with empty community folder and so on.
Scenery seems better… for the first time approaching Marseille airport some framerate freezing issues.
AI still not working… sad… but to be fair not reported as fixed… still AP oscillating up and down in a cessna 208 a bit. Well yeah… I guess the waiting goes on for a simillar enjoyable expierence I had until patch 3 hit my Flightsim.

1 Like

Oh, that makes more sense. A lot of people got confused since we were on 1.9.3 and it said update 4. I honestly thought it would be 1.9.4 hence the disappointment. My bad!

I appreciate any sort of update/fixes, so thank you anyway! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Yes, the sim has become totally unusable after the patch.
Instant CTD after loading screen ws already there since this afternoon but after installing the patch it even crashes after 10 seconds.
I cleared the community folder before patching, have the newest drivers etc… it’s a disaster… :hot_face:

1 Like

My installation manager is currently downloading 1.9.5.0.

I am now at 3.46 GiB of 2.41GiB???

Forums buckling under critical load seemingly as I keep getting notifications they are down even as I type this…

Most likely it conflicts with one of your mods. Move the content of your Community folder to a temp folder and restart the sim. It fixed it for me.

3 Likes

With so many serious issues still existing, a favorable 1st impression for such an easy question would really have been beneficial.

What actually is wrong with these screenshots?

Absolutely nothing. Which is 100% hilarious. :joy:

2 Likes

That issue is just representative of the state of the relationship between Asobo and the community:

• It’s clear no user wanted it
  • it took forever to get them to acknowledge no one wanted it
  • asobo said "its easy to fix and we actually got rid of it a while ago for in house development
  • gets on roadmap for release
  • Asobo does not implement the feature change when the patch is released (OR failed to communicate that it wouldnt be in this release)
10 Likes

My thoughts exactly. Not really full of confidence for this update :slight_smile:

1 Like

There may be melted houses in the US because your ambient temperature is set too high. :face_with_monocle: