Discussion: Update #4 (1.9.5.0)

Try a Windows App repair? Maybe some files got corrupted on the download?

Revision Number

Adrenalin 2020 Edition 20.9.2 Optional

CTD again :-1:t2:

FlightSimulator.exe
5f7c8cf2
FlightSimulator.exe
5f7c8cf2
c0000005
0000000000e28935
193c
01d6a18636bdb33c
C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_1.9.5.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\FlightSimulator.exe
C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_1.9.5.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\FlightSimulator.exe
9dbddf2c-f13a-4ba5-9b6c-da3b0a81fa96
Microsoft.FlightSimulator_1.9.5.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe
App

same as before Update,CTD… :-1:t2:

Just updated, and had a quick 5 minute flight from KMCO to KORL.

Kicked off the patch install, and it was finished before I could make a sandwich!

I had already moved everything out of the “Community” folder, so no issues there.
All my video settings got reset again, so I had to turn them on. I suspect users reporting graphical reductions have the same thing.
I used Smartcam, and turned on live traffic, no avionics glitches but a 5 minute flight is hardly a thorough test.
Brought up the VRF map after I had landed, no crash.

Now to start adding back my mods to see if they cause any issues.

1 Like

VFR map might not crash the game now, but it did lock my game up for several seconds before opening.

Upon finally opening, i was greeted to this monstrosity (goes out into the atlantic xinfinity)

1 Like

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/forum-announcements-bugs-issues-moderation-and-feedback-snapshot/300759

“Also one last note, as you have noticed on the most recent Feedback Snapshot, the ‘Press Any Key to Start’ Wishlist item was slated to go live with Update 4 (1.9.5.0) but it was not released today with the update. After investigation, we found it to be an error from our team. While this is being fixed and slated for an upcoming release, it was never meant to come out in Update 4. We apologize for the typo and will update the Feedback Snapshot in the coming Dev Update accordingly!”

1 Like

The tall building issue was fixed immediately after the update, but when I restarted the game they came back… Cleared the rolling cache and everything.

1 Like

Very disappointed that there is no fix for settings, logbook saves etc.
The sim runs well for me but not being able to save any settings is a real bummer.

1 Like

You are not alone, just part of the typically silent majority

1 Like

this is what my sky was like over teeside tonight thick cloud but for some reason the sun lights it up,

The problem seems unique and it is often between the chair and the keyboard.
Nobody mentions this …

3 Likes

I’ll refer you to the 8th October dev update thread. He’s not alone

agreed. of all the things to fix, that’s the least important. the things they need to fix (starting to wonder if they are even able to at this point) are AFTER the game loads. Forget the freakin’ Press Any Button thing for a while, OK?

2 Likes

That is not a good example to try to prove your point. The real KORD does not have SIDS. The sole departure procedure at KORD is the OHARE5, which is a pure vector procedure. After takeoff, ATC will give each departing aircraft a vector to their first enroute waypoint.

5 Likes

Interresting !
In this case, should we continue to use the fix which seemed to correct this?

I’m talking about this:

I ask the question because I do not have time to test …

thanks for the clarification!

Climbing with FLC?

1 Like

Suggest you create a control mapping specific to each plane. That wya you won’t have that issue - you can unmap it for the longtitude

This is just small update, not Update 4.

Try clearing cache