Discussion: Update #4 (1.9.5.0)

Dancing dolphin?

1 Like

try updating the windows store (there is an update for that too)

Cause you are a masochist! :slight_smile:

Serious question: other than press a key, what is it that is wrong with this patch?

1 Like

this really dont look like simulator issue ā€¦ , is there any chance that you are on the laptop ?
(power mode) or that you updated you graphic drivers ?
Other games are ok ?

Yes, thank you, very helpful - and open/transparent by the way

Need more info to try to help - is windows update installing something for example at the same time? Fresh reboot etc? Has the sim been switched to integrated graphics in error? Has nVidia GEForce done itā€™s thing and ā€œoptimisedā€ the settings? Check graphics driver etc.

Thatā€™s wierd. I was getting the long pause to open VFR map after 1.9.3.0 but it is instant now for me. Donā€™t know whatā€™s going on with your map there

I thought the navcycles were going to be updated? It shows the same aircycle from July in the a320

Had the same in London earlier. Weather was spot on though - windy and wet - but looked like a desert sandstorm

yes it hasnā€™t been fixed, apparently it was a misunderstanding. What I have experienced seems to be a stuck controller button.

1 Like

So Iā€™m finally home from work, installed the udpate, and Iā€™m in the air. Here are my initial thoughts in no particular order.

• installation went smooth. Took me all of 4 minutes to download the update (1Gbit connection). Updated quickly and without issue.

• Iā€™ve flown around my home airport and surrounding regions for a bit. Overall performance seems smoother. Not necessarily faster, but less stuttering. VFR map opens instantly and is fully functional whereas previously it would take a few seconds to load its content and cause stuttering when it did.

• Skyscrapers in the small farming hamlets outside of the city are now normal sized buildings, which is nice to see. However, they seem to have sprinkled that ā€œbuilding ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā€ on the city itself, as there are far more tall buildings than there used to be, and the tall buildings are way taller.

• No crashes as of yet, but Iā€™ve also been in the air about 10 minutes now. Time will tell.

• This is the worst ā€œlive weatherā€ iā€™ve seen in my area since live weather first started working for me about a week back. Not even looking remotely like what Iā€™m seeing out my window atm. Itā€™s been super windy here all day. In game itā€™s 2kts. :confused:

1 Like

I recall one of mods for the cj4 saying that the cycle data on the FMS is simply a hardcoded string. It doesnt appear to be tied to anything and shouldnā€™t be used as a reference for literally anything.

Just update it and see if it works for you. Many things are connected that may not be apparent.

1 Like

Use the sim for a few hours before commenting

Useful improvements to the the world flight planning feature
that VFR map seems to work properly without CTD so far

BABY STEPS in the RIGHT DIRECTION thats all that matters. The sim is superb as long as it gets better thats all i care about,

I dont care about music or press and key waffle BUT i understand all your points about what they said and the agenda and that fact that it is not done and the worry what else is lacking

I am still getting a CRASH TO DESKTOP if i try to use MANUAL CACHE

1 Like

Iā€™m only half hour into a flight on 1.9.5 but seems pretty good so far. My FPS has gone up too. Iā€™m getting 30 FPS in 4K on Ultra with a 2070S and Ryzen 7. Iā€™m not flying over a city though, but itā€™s noticeably higher than before. Not bad.

3 Likes

Rationale for not fixing press a key is here:

Also one last note, as you have noticed on the most recent Feedback Snapshot, the ā€˜Press Any Key to Startā€™ Wishlist item was slated to go live with Update 4 (1.9.5.0) but it was not released today with the update. After investigation, we found it to be an error from our team. While this is being fixed and slated for an upcoming release, it was never meant to come out in Update 4. We apologize for the typo and will update the Feedback Snapshot in the coming Dev Update accordingly!

Theyā€™ve issued an update explaining why it wasnā€™t included:

Also one last note, as you have noticed on the most recent Feedback Snapshot, the ā€˜Press Any Key to Startā€™ Wishlist item was slated to go live with Update 4 (1.9.5.0) but it was not released today with the update. After investigation, we found it to be an error from our team. While this is being fixed and slated for an upcoming release, it was never meant to come out in Update 4. We apologize for the typo and will update the Feedback Snapshot in the coming Dev Update accordingly!

So we can all calm down now and get back to flying.

1 Like

Itā€™s a tip to spend time on the forum whilst waiting for press any key :wink:

3 Likes

How long the update take ?? Im waiting 1 hour and still in the same position

Downloading-pc-fs-base-bigfiles-0.1.75.fspatchā€¦