Discussion: Update #4 (1.9.5.0)

Huh, thats quite odd. I don’t know what to make of that.

Is the update slow or looping back and starting again. If it’s looping back there are a number of ixes to try but they don’t always work… let me know

Tks for your reply, I tried but there is nothing? It sounds weird! I make a check again :wink:

Can we please get the water masking fixed? You tease us in all the around the world trailers but none of the location with water masking looks like that!

1 Like

For those that have trouble with the nav screens freezing, set AI and multiplayer traffic to generic in the graphics settings. This is a known bug since 1.9.3 and they haven’t fixed it in this update. It doesn’t have anything to do with the glass cockpit refresh rate, as I’ve had the freezing on all three refresh rates. Only when I turned multiplayer and ai traffic to generic did it stop. I tried going back after 1.9.5, but 20 minutes into a flight they froze again.

Opening the VFR map doesn’t feel like Russian roulette anymore, that’s awesome, but please remove the “Press any key” thing!

Nice, fixed it! Was already panicking :slight_smile:
For what it’s worth, issue is opened

This is not a wishlist thread. Posting it here will not help by any means. Use the search function if there is already a Wishlist thread and vote for it. If there’s none, create one.

There were no water masking changes in the patch notes and also no mention of it for this patch, so no reason to discuss it here.

We are getting there. Just had an almost* perfect IFR flight from EGLL to EDDF. I could even take an shower in between, so no CTD, no camera and no AP Problems.
Make sure to remove all mods and caches before, or at least after updating.

• = well my Xbox Controller disconnected during my shower and after reconnecting the AP tried to kill me again, so it turned left and wanted to fly in cycles. Resetting the dead zone of the controller and manually flying to the next waypoint fixed it.
3 Likes

On the one flight I made in the 172, the AP seemed to allow me to arm a FLC on the ground and control the climb after takeoff without driving me into the ground or pitching up to a stall. So I am cautiously optimistic.

1 Like

Right, because I’m sure the vast majority of people on this thread have gone to a thread that doesnt mention the issue in its title, has a preview that talks about the code of conduct, and only mentions the issue at the very bottom of a wall of text. I genuinely thought it was a post about the code of conduct for some of the responses when I first saw it posted.

Obviously pure paranoia on my part to assume that people probably haven’t read through an unrelated thread to find something at the very very bottom that mentions the issue. :roll_eyes:

Your quoting of the actual issue from the post, along with a link to the post, is probably going to expose more people to the actual reasoning behind its omission than the original post from the community manager.

Apparently there are alot of people complaining of “Press key thing”, i just don’t get it. Alot of games has that i.e. Call of Duty games, GTA, etc. Please tell how removing it is going to help improve gameplay?
You guys need to be patient, this simulator is exemplary and is on its journey to be 100% realistic. The journey will take time. You guys behave as if that 2 months old infant should be to able to speak or make a grubhub delivery and do its own laundry. “I paid $$$ for this product, i demand it to be fully functional”, yea get a actual flight simulator ($8million) only that can suffice your ultra realistic expectations.

Update is good, I flew from KCMH to KBUF, the flight was smooth, improved autopilot, no bugs with A20N avionics. I see more AI traffic. Good job and keep these update coming!

1 Like

The forums feelings while attempting to find the any button.

I’ve copied this over from another thread, it works for me as a solution if the update is looping. Some users have had success others haven’t. Also search forum for using netlimiter4 which has been useful. Note if you try below it will make update slow but can get past the loop problem. I have to use this solution every update, the 2gb update just took me about 2 hours using this. Hope it helps

Worth mentioning it doesn’t work for wifi , have to be on an ethernet cable

Control panel
Network & sharing centre
Change adapter settings
Right click on LAN icon and select properties
Click on configure
Advanced tab
Scroll down property list to Speed & duplex
Select 10mbps full duplex and Ok

Might need to restart PC… I did

After download is finished, go back into above and set back to Auto Negotiation and restart PC

Some one said you can use 100 mbps full duplex also but original instruction is to use 10 mbps. Download isn’t particluarly quick but it solved the loop for me

Hope this helps

Yes, and I have restarted the sim 4 times, got the press to start each time

1 Like

The CEO of Asobo himself said, that it is an “easy fix” and it was (seemingly accidently) mentioned as fixed in the last dev update.
People have a reason to expect it to be gone now, no matter how tiny the impact is, it’s a QoL issue and the >1k votes on that (now hidden) thread spoke for themselves.

I bet they accidentally forgot to include it from this update

Nope, it was not planned for this update (but will be included in the next one) as was confirmed in the meantime by the officials here in the forum.

As was mentioned above at the bottom of a long post linked by a community manager, they made a typo in the wishlist and it was never supposed to be released during this update.

That’s a great question and frankly, I’ve never seen this type of movement in any sim until now. Right after that post, I was sitting on the ground at KRNT and literally watched a line of showers march steadily Eastward with clearing skies behind it to the West. It was a very nice transition, not a “wall” so was very convincing.

2 Likes