Discussion: Update #4 (1.9.5.0)

What is your point guy? Defending everything about Asobo or what? Please stop deducing people who have issues with the software.There are still many things to fix, like f.ex. the 787 and the Longitude.

How can the autopilot work with a separate addon? Wouldnā€™t you need to have the waypoints in the Sim to use the autopilot?

What I mean is I load a saved flight plan into LNM, chop out the parts of the flight Iā€™ve already completed, save it, then import that into MSFS, on the map screen I mean.

It would be nice to have the plan at the top of the screen editable, dragging legs back and forth etc. but LNM does the job for now.

So you need to go back to the main menu to perform the changes, i.e., load in the altered flightplan. I was hoping to keep the plan in tact and just spawn at any point along the way and continue flying. Thanks for your feedback though.

1 Like

I believe there is an option n the developer mode to spawn/move to any location, but Iā€™ve not used it.

It had some unpleasant side effects, but Iā€™ve not used it since this new patch was released.

Some report flights not being logged, but I never saw this.
Enabling it causes grassy areas at airports to turn black.

I got the exact same thing. Fired up FS2020, Server unavailable, then I got logged off, now it just sits at the ā€œLetā€™s get you signed inā€ screen when I reopen and I canā€™t do anything but End Task in Task Manger. I will try to restart the PC.

Thanks. Iā€™m aware of the work around. I have the warthog throttle as well as the HC yoke. I just donā€™t think that at this point in time that a work around should be necessary. How difficult is this to fix? Other sims donā€™t have this issue.

Did you get a response to your Zendesk ticket? If it is marked a ā€œSolvedā€, then they found the reason, and it should make it in to a future patch.

And if you didnā€™t log one, they canā€™t fix it if they donā€™t know itā€™s broken.

Yup the Travel To bugā€™s still there , and its an original bug from release. This is a basic functionality that came with the game but is broken and should be fixed by now, yet people are up and arms about pressing another key to get into the sim.

The Travel To button, if you use it, has 2 issues: Fuel and Avionics settings. Iā€™ve only been successful to salvage a flight with Travel To Descend mode in my long haul flights. Before you hit Travel To, if flying with ATC, note your transponder code. As soon as you spawn, do these in sequence of order:

1. When spawning, fuel becomes ZERO regardless of fuel state. Your engine will shut down in seconds and youā€™ll lose speed and altitude. Go to your to menu, open the Fuel and Weight and add fuel ASAP! Adding fuel stops engine shut down.

2. Program in your transponder code or you will loose ATC after 2 reminders. If you donā€™t fly with ATC you can ignore this step.

3. Program and reactivate your Autopilot panel including flight level, heading (LNAV), VNAV, etc.

If all goes well, you should successfully resume your flight post Travel To spawn.

Sounds like Windows isnā€™t calculating UTC with the right offset. I live in AZ too (drives me nuts trying to work out which timezone Iā€™m in). My Windows time settings are currently set to ā€œ(UTC-7) Arizonaā€ and I have ā€œadjust for daylight savingsā€ set to OFF. I hadnā€™t noticed any problem with MSFS time but I canā€™t run it now to check for sure. The chances are, MSFS reads UTC from Windows, rather than local time. Do your control panel settings look like mine?

1 Like

I used to feel fortunate that, even with the inexcusable bugs this FS was released wit, it ran fine for me as far as performance goes.
So now, after the latest update, I have major problems that I did not have before. Aside from the many fligh/atc/autopilot bugs that I have complained about regularly (and been admonished for by some) I never had CTDā€™s.
Now it started to launch and immediately stopped. So I tried again and this time it got to the flight planning screen. I selected departing and arriving airports (major airports) and noticed there was no ā€œDeparturesā€ field in the flight planner? Am I wrong in saying there should be? I canā€™t pick a departure pattern? So next I zoomed in to see airport details and clicked on the runway and the sim crashed.

Great. Iā€™ve gone from being a complainer about the sim itself to not even being able to get it to stay open. This is unbelievable. With each patch things get worse. I have no faith at all in those working on this sim. I barely had some before, but now I see no reason to believe, in spite of their sincere desire to fix this horribly faulty sim, that they know what they are doing. Problems should not get worse with time, in any software, on any system. Especially since my system ran it for weeks without CTDā€™s.

3 Likes

More impossible flightplanningā€¦ KPHX to KSNA. Clicking KPHX on the MCDU in A320 simply does nothing. Clicking KSNA returns a NOT IN DATABASE error.

Thanks crazyā€¦

1 Like

Youā€™re welcome porā€¦

I never had a CTD with MSFS2020 until this update 1.9.5.0 and now that is ALL I get. Thanks Microsoft.

1 Like

Have you cleared your rolling cache?

Did a test flight today after patch with Trackir with no problems inside and outside views, so thatā€™s a strange one. If you wave the mouse around like Trackir would do does it still crash?

I cannot locate the ccc file. Pete

I slept on this game last night deciding if I could be bothered anymore. So this morning I tried one more time and deleted everything out of my community folder and everything works again.

No CTD and the A320 and 787 stock fly pretty good now - follows Flightpath and flew the ILS - no weird ground effect or anything on touch down. AP seemed to work ok.

Will try fly a medium range flight in 787 on days off.

The live weather was completely wrong at YSCB. There was thunderstorms in the area but when checking Windy there was nothing aroundā€¦ Anyways I can deal with that.

Fingers crossed.

1 Like

Live in AZ also someoneā€™s the clock is off by 23 min 22 minā€¦ canā€™t figure out what is going on