Discussion: Update #5 Hotfix (1.10.8.0)

Change metric to US or Hybrid. It’s a bug.

1 Like

Hi guys,

I have the same problem now…
Aircraft und livierie does not matter. From ten tries i make it maybe two times to the cockpit. Evan with vanilla liverie… it is a real shame. Before that i had not one ctd at all!

They will have to upgrade the satellites first for that I think.

I’m amazed there are so many different issues being experienced by varying numbers of people, especially given that people haven’t been able to mod the game out of all recognition yet. Personally I’ve got autopilot issues with the TBM where I can’t use ILS approaches but I don’t see anyone else commenting on it. Conversely I don’t have any issues with the liveries mega pack I installed a month ago, nor have I experienced the CTD (touch wood) at any time, framerates and scenery resolution also doesn’t appear to be noticeably affected. It’s all a bit weird for my tastes.

2 Likes

For me too, because for the last update everything worked for over two months without ctd.
I never had these problems on other games or software…

Turning off sharpening settings in NVIDIA control panel had no effect at all. Below are a few more pictures under ULTRA settings after sharpening was turned off (I did it before, but verified again):

Look how clouds looked terrible with “nets” patches constantly appeared:

Now look how grainy and flickering trees and ground buildings looked like (it made me eye sore and dizzy) under TAA:

If I turned anti-aliasing to OFF, image was so bad that almost unplayable:

Below two images are for FXAA & DLAA settings. They hardly improved much from OFF setting:

From the edge of plan wings you can tell TAA was indeed much better than FXAA & DLAA. However, the overall effect was still far worse than before Update 5. Instead of making objects clear and like real, now everything looked grainy and seemed flickering. Clouds looked bad (“net” pattern look like rotten cloth), water reflection was totally unreal, forests looked like a patch of not-so-green mess, and cities/towns lost all their beauties (could not even enjoy the Bush Trip towns fly-by as before).

Again, this showed how bad this Update 5 thing really was. I am not sure if this issue only happened to certain graphical cards (mine is GTX 1650, not ideal but has been working fine until now), but the bottom line is: Asobo effectively “downgraded” image quality of MSFS for me and changed it from an aesthetic masterpiece to some low-level annoying graphical mess. I cannot say I still love MSFS anymore. I didn’t complain about crashing a few times per night because I could still enjoy it, but now even it was super stable (unfortunately after Update 5 crashes seemed to be more frequent than after Update 4) , I just cannot lie to myself tat I still enjoy it graphically.

It’s so sad that Asobo’s “updates” once again downgraded this great product. I don’t want to believe conspiracy theory (like they want to downgrade image quality of MSFS to make XBOX 5 launch receive less criticism from PC MSFS users), but I cannot explain to myself WHY anyone in Asobo would want to secretly make MSFS image qualities less appealing. This was at least second time image quality downgrade happened, right?

2 Likes

I like the new sharpness, it’s a keeper in my opinion.

There is clearly a problem with some of the mappinga after this patch. I can’t use the keyboard to change views and the pov switch on my X52 pro is no longer recognised.

Someting is still amiss. I’d recommended logging it with zendesk. The more people do, the quicker it should get fixed.

I never checked this possibility, but I’m going to test and in a few minutes we will have the answer.

As you can see my last logged file was to airport 13C, after I try severan times with LEAL and everytime CTD.

One thing before I forget…For all the people having troubles with LOGBOOK entries, please run the program as Administrator. It works for me. I know all people know this, but just in case…

Not even 30 minutes into the flight on medium settings it crashes this patch is god awful done wasting my time on this sim until I see improvements never crashed until this update happened every update makes things worse

Very helpful information! Thanks it is working :+1:

Yes, SIr. Program load normally airport 13C

But… CTD just taking off

I don’t know what to do more. This is very sad. I’m loosing confidence to fly with this sim, thingking that in the next second I will fly direct to desktop.

Today I did this Update,

no problem with update via Store, what I didn’t expect was only Store download and update, from MSFS after start no other action and had new version. Inside MSFS all is updated.

1 Like

I say: The upcoming Xbox Series X has as much “horse power” as my 750€ gaming PC and will cost only 500 €. Because PCs upgrade more often then consoles, in 3 years time a not-too-expensive PC will be more powerful then the Xbox then.
But like all these conspiracy theories: either you believe them - because this is your religion surrogate, or you ignore them.
I picked up that FS2020 shall perform on the old Xbox One. For me this is plain crazy. And I hope this is only a bad Microsoft beanscounter joke. See Flight Simulator Xbox release date: Everything we know about the console version so far | Eurogamer.net

I’ve interestingly found my EVGA RTX 2080 Super has better performance in its factory settings with FS2020 than when it was overclocked. Cant explain why, but it handles ultra settings better, is much quieter and crashes much less often.

I don’t overclock anything. Since this CTD only happens for MSFS after this particular hot “fix” then I am ruling out that its not any type of mod, livery or any other sim or game on my computer. Deduction: It’s MSFS latest hotfix as I’ve had nearly zero issues like this since release.

Like they said if you still have issues reported it to zendesk

Yeah, they are dancing in a funeral, doing the moon walk, backwards. I am so afraid of them losing the control of the project. Anyways

Its something on your guys’ end because many of us don’t have these issues. Is your PC up to par, are the files current, or corrupted? Maybe delete the community folder and let the sim regenerate one upon start up. Backup your folder though. Restart sim

I believe you. The reason I can think of: The parts in your computer have a timing schedule. They can “meet” every X time steps. If you overclock, you make a single time step smaller. But if one part can not deliver within this time step, it will deliver in the next time step. In worst case instead of one longer time step you need two shorter time steps.
In reality the part can say deliver in 90% of cases in one time step and needs two time steps in 10% of cases. The overall performance shifts “softly” from one setting to the next. And maximum clock does not have to be maximum throughput.

1 Like