Discussion: Update #5 Hotfix (1.10.8.0)

Happy to report no more CTD on my end . Just the usual bugs as always including mouse not working on the instruments . Removed all addons and only use one livery at a time in the community it helped to remove all the addons .

Yeah I’m gonna be positive after paying $120 for this JUNK. Next

1 Like

This is a well known problem with an easy workaround. Just open any in-sim window, like ATC or the VFR map, and click on that maps title bar so you can drag it around. You can close it now, and the instruments should be clickable once more.

2 Likes

Check the flight model is set to modern

Is your flight model set to modern?

Make sure your units are set to hybrid or US and noit metric - metric seems to screw up the altitude measures in the aircraft - it seems to be setting the VS in feet v metres - so 328 feet = 100m

Thanks I’ll give it a try next time . I did do something similar to that and it did not work on the a320nx latest version

1 Like

Works better now but not as intended, I never had a ctd before the update 5. Then 4 in perhaps 20 min.
Now with the hotfix playing on air, close to ekch kastrup copenhagen on ils intercept, jucy money awaiting.Bam hello desktop. No idear why. Well atleast its a bit better than before. Perhaps they should just do a rollback to 4.

I also realized that I have pretty much never had rain on the window when flying through clouds that definitely would have rain IRL.

can anyone offer advice?

Started the update Thursday eve, by next morning, the pic shows where it stopped. Through day, it moved none in 8+ hours, and I had read about the issues we were having. Got home, shut down the title, shut down the PC and went out of town for the weekend. I read over weekend there was a hot fix.
So I was bummed when restarting the Install manager, and I end up in the same exact spot, again.
There is a quick burst of blue in the update progress bar, then a pause symbol, and the blue progress bar disappears and starts over again, over and over, and over…In a continuous loop.

SO not sure what to do. My version is the downloaded MS store deluxe version, no crazy overclocking on my GPU, all equipment exceeds min criteria. So as an average joe computer user. I’m

lost and defer to the community for help please, If available.

I agree. What was confounding for me is just what I described - going to the Store first, watch some sort of download and install that flashed 921 mb as the size (but it wasn’t really that). Then launching the sim, getting the UAC message about the dependency update or whatever the message says, then in the sim getting the announcement that I have to go to the Store first (which I just did) and then the real 921 Mb update downloads by the MSFS app reopening the Store. Maybe there is some programmatic reason that sequence has to happen but what I was suggesting is that MS/Asobo ought to at least modify the on-screen language so it doesn’t imply the user didn’t follow the standard sequence for updating MSFS.

It basically seems like for this “hotfix” that MSFS has to be open and running when the download from the Store is obtained and applied - different than the previous sequence of updating.

After Update 2 was released, I always go to the MS Store first. I don’t see the in-sim message about exiting to go to the store anymore, and that includes Update 5 + hotfix.

Entertainingly, my superstitious approach now has me always opening the sim first and then being redirected to the store. It was worked every time so far without a hitch…

The scariest part is once the store update is done, I click PLAY in the blue box and then Ok at the UAC…then nothing seems to be happening whilst the sim does its thing and eventually loads…nervous tension at that point is palpable!

1 Like

After the hotfix I’m getting crashes to desktop whenever I load or approach some airports, meaning that the game never fails to crash if I’m departing or arriving. Among those tested and guaranteed to crash: KDEN (Asobo/MS) and KPDX (Flightbeam). I also tried uninstalling KPDX thinking there might be a conflict with the latest update but the problem persists.

Anyone happens to have a suggestion on how to fix the issue? My PC runs completely stock, is more than adequate (i7-10700 / RTX 2070 Super / 32GB and 100Mbps internet connection).
Those airports and the game in general never crashed before the new patch.

The GTX 1650 Super is certainly budget friendly.

At the moment I have a 43in HD TV as the main view, then some smaller monitors to drag PFD/NAV popouts and show the map.

But, I’d like to upgrade to a 50+in TV and logically it would be 4k (You Tube videos look stunning on our 49in 4k TV). So that nudges me to 8GB for headroom on textures, especially when multi-monitor is supported.

I agree graphics cards might get rolled out quicker, to help the entertainment market recover.

All I can suggest is to try the last 5 graphic driver versions.

Sometimes the latest veer more towards performance than stability, sometimes not.

Except for my logbook not recording my flights, and mouse “click” functions stop working after requesting landing at airports from Tower, all else works good for me for the aircraft I fly.

2 Likes

if mouse stops work in cockpit, simply move atc or another window (weather , vfr map) , it should reactivate after that :slight_smile:

I have a NVidia 1660 Super graphics card. For me this card had the correct price/performance point in spring 2020 for a 750 € game PC.
I use FS2020 in graphics setting Ultra and 20fps on a 1920x1200 pixel monitor.

1 Like

I think if you have “developer mode” the logbook is not written.