Discussion: Update #6 (1.10.11.0)

I think they make the “playing” for Xbox release. Xbox series X has “horse power” like a (good) current gaming PC, but there is the less powerful Xbos series S and the dreadful Xbox One.
If Microsoft REALLY wants to “dumbgrade” FS2020 to Xbox One, I say good night. Xbox One is NO target for FS2020.

Hello everybody. NVidia has “sharpening”, too. I have it turned off for best video quality:

it doesn’t work like that. The game will not start without an internet connection!

1 Like

Today is the third day I downloaded the game. 4 Gb of 95Gb is ready! Thank goodness only 90Gb and 90 days left! :rofl:

Update 6 loaded OK. Just flown a test flight from EGPE to EGPF in “winds calm” conditions.
The ATC mods in the patch notes not working.
No ATC menu option on takeoff or approach at either airport to choose an alternative runway to ATC selection.
Zendesk report or is it me ?

After the download of 1.10.11.0 and starting the Flight Simulator it stop at the starting screen - nothing happens anymore.

I get tired of all the bugs.

What to do now?

Kind Regards
Tiguan

1 Like

Are there any working fixes to the downloader constantly freezing yet? Every time a new patch or update comes out I have to restart MSFS about 20 to 30 times to complete the update. Despite it being an amazing game (sim whatever) when working, I’ve totally had enough now and think I will uninstall and come back in a yearor two. Unless there is an obvious fix I am missing?

It shows that I’m already on 1.10.11.0, but it’s forcing another 96 gig download?

I haven’t had that many issues with this update. Although some people still complain about lightning: it’s definitely fixed for me.
FPS is the same but luckily we were updated that the boost wasn’t part of the patch.
Sometimes the texture doesn’t seem to load it (but that may be due to internet being sucked by someone on the Wifi).
Honestly I get that there are still some issues but I really don’t understand the amount of negativity. I had a blast in the sim with >75 hours logged…

ok that’s weird, just after posting this I restarted one more time andit downloaded all 7Gb flawlessly in under an hour!

after downloading the update it wont let me switch to live weather in the tab menu and also on the tbm center screen there is a double plane on it the white(your plane)and the outline of your plane and my mutilplayer and marketplace fixed it was pilot error i had my data tab turn off

I had the weird plane shadow effect on my G1000 after the update. Thought it was another plane but turned out to be another representation of me. Subsequent flights have been OK though.

Seems to have been fixed:

1 Like

perfect I’m happy for you

1 Like

After update again downgrade.

Nice asobo.

-AA low
-Quality terrain distance low
-clouds pixelated
And more

I deleted msfs 2020.

1 Like

I seem to be having more problems with this update than any other. Continuously getting crash to desktop for no reason. Sitting in cruise and the game freezes and then after 30-40 seconds it crashes. Ive even turned down my graphic settings and it didnt make any difference.

I’m sorry for you…

cheers :wink:

I find it really weird how different people have different experiences with this sim. For me, there were a few times when the graphics settings were reset to a low-res settings, also the NVIDIA Experience program messed up my settings a few times. The NVIDIA Experience program typically downgrades your graphics settings in order to gain more FPS. I have now deleted that program and it has been happy flying since.

Have you tried putting the graphics settings back to their old values? Did that reduce your FPS signficantly, compared to before the update?

1 Like

If I have done that, I have restored options, I have deleted sim But the downgrade is real. The simulator is totally different from the trailer, each patch looks worse

I will give you the comment on the trailer vs the reality of the sim. The trailer does reflect a higher level then what you see in the game. They all do it, the trailers for World of Tanks and World of Warships is the same thing.