Discussion: World Update II: USA

The last update had some CPU performance improvements, that should have made it in to the previous update, but were delayed.

Your CPU is now having to work less hard to do the same thing, and it was pointed out by the devs at the time that if your were slightly CPU bound before, you will be more GPU bound now, and you clearly are.

Or to put it another way, there isn’t problem, the bottleneck has slightly shifted now.

Yes … Carenado is taking a bath by Asobo with its planes! :man_facepalming:

“NOCAREnado”

Their social media would suggest otherwise.

Roads better (normal) now
Flying around Pittsburgh I have noticed that the roads dont look greenish anymore. USA update seems to have fixed at least one thing around the cities! The photogrammetry seems to have improved the scenery to a much higher level as well.
Now, if we can get the generic planes looking more like normal liveries, instead of pastel colored toys it will bring the reality factor much closer to real conditions!
Also, if they can fix the bridges looking like dams over the rivers it will be one more feather in their cap!

3 Likes

This might be too old, but this worked much better for me than the NVidia controls.
guide to settings

1 Like

I am having the exact same issue. I have the premium edition no overclocks and no addon mods (in other words an empty community folder.

Renamed my community folder and created a brand new one. CTD at 2.06 NM from New York Bay marker. I notice that approximately at 4NM from the marker , that the marker jumped to the right. Going to try a different plane taking off from JFK. ( I was flying the East Coast USA Tour for all of the flights)

Testing testing

Guess it helps to read. Finally getting WU-II USA downloaded. Also got the little patch but did not change version number past 1.11.7.0. Store did update something else today before starting sim, not sure what. Will try 787 flight later on to see if it’s better. Also have running the latest Nvidia update, with apparently no issues either.

Burlier, check your rolling cache. I found mine had been disabled by a patch. I have been flying the New York Harbor and had been crashing every time and roughly in the same spot while flying on autopilot in the caravan trying to finish the USA eastern Coast Tour. I enabled the rolling cache file and finally made it past the spot I had crashed in the Harbor. Not only that I got a 15 FPS increase while through NYC with my modest 2070 Super and 10700K processor without them breaking a sweat. I got 35 + FPS, with the rolling cache disabled I was getting 20 +… Please me know if this solved your problem. Very respectfully TechGuy64. BTW, stock Ultra settings on everything on a 2K monitor. Running GPU limited so a lot of scenery lags in the render but that’s my 2070 super with only the factory over clock.)

More beautiful screen shots.
Flying north from Seattle above heavy clouds. The icing on the windshield is fantastic!. Using the radar for the first time in G1000.

4 Likes

Or just rename the folder like ”Community_bak”

That works too. Equally valid and easy way of doing it.

I move mine because I use it as an opportunity to clean out old mods, sceneries, etc that I don’t really use. When I move stuff back, I only move back the stuff I want. It keeps my Community folder minty fresh with only useful stuff in it.

Have you tried the mod manager on flightsim.to? It is easier because all you need is to just check boxes to add mods to the community folder.

I am flying the bushtrip Flight of Passage and saw some strange spots:

This is Quemahoning.
A few minutes later:

I see these king idiot spots on several places.
Is this a bug or a configuration error?

2 Likes

My update has been stuck at 0.00/1.18 GB. Killed and restarted the program and restarted download - still hasn’t fixed the problem…

Do you have add-ons in the Community folder?
If so, remove it (or change the name of the folder) and try again.
I did find out that one of the add-ons caused the trouble.

I had a similar issue with USA POINTS OF INTEREST content archive. Just solved reinstalling from scratch. Now it is working fine.