Discussion: World Update II: USA

That made me laugh out loud - literally :laughing:

1 Like

Just outside Philadelphia, and this is a good example of the PG bridges problem where they are solid underneath. I really hope Asobo can come up with a solution for this. The comparison with Google is otherwise excellent, but Google the clear winner here

Sim 5.5-4.5 Google

2 Likes

Hey @gordongreig what’s your sharpening settings set too in the cfg file?
I can see you have buildings visible at a distance.

When I first flew to Haystack Rock a couple months ago I was disappointed to see it was essentially a small mound of dirt. I figured it’d be years before they got around to giving it some love – lo and behold, it’s already here! What can I say, I’m easily pleased, the rest is just gravy.

3 Likes

My two cents after flying in my hometown in St. George (KSGU), the update seems to have done a great job of improving terrain and elevation and such. The city has amazing red hills in the area and the red hill to the north of town is now almost perfectly rendered for example. There is a particular rock formation that we call the sugarloaf that is now shaped almost exactly correct. Before it wasn’t even close. Now I’m just waiting for someone to go in and paint the famous “DIXIE” on it. And I definitely saw performance improvements with this update as well. Thank you MS/ASOBO for a very awesome update to an already amazing sim!!!

3 Likes

OK, we’re getting closer. I just figured out my TCA problem was on me. the only issue still known I see so far is the menu resolution thing, which frankly I couldn’t care less once I’m flying but it should at some point be remedied. At 320Kts climbing out on the A320 and so far NO WOBBLING whatsoever! Got liveries working again
not all I had but the important ones. I’ll do some night flying ASAP and test out the lights too. Flying KDFW-KATL now to compare the KATL with ImagineSim I had before (and expect to return to). So far, I’m liking the update overall.

2 Likes

They weren’t allowed to :scream: :alien: :ghost:

So what drives me crazy about this is that when they mess things up i get. Ok you just do this and change this setting and wait for an update. I should not have to go thru that every 2 weeks to use this sim. The solution to not being able to use my presets to move my position in the cockpit is, to set keyboard to default and reset bindings. There is no way i should have to do this. Why is everything the people using its problem. Why cant things be just fixed and get better? I can care less how things look until they can make the sim work. Be able to fly a plane longer than 30 mins before it runs out of fuel. Its all just very unacceptable

6 Likes

oh and yea another issues liveries dont work. But its ok i am sure its my fault :slight_smile:

Any of you also having trouble with ils intercept en following with the tbm. Mine is very bad in intercepting both GL as direction. Off a lot. Not turning in fast enough for a proper intercept. Not following GS down properly also. This is after the update. Before the us update the GS was of but direction intercept and following was ok.

Live weather is not working. It was before the update today. I loaded up the A320 at KDFW. Live weather shows a perfect blue sky with no clouds at all. Today we are cloudy with light rain here in the DFW area. Will they ever fix Live Weather?

Anybody else missing the star from Friday Harbour on the map? One of the new handcrafted airports.

Are you kidding me? Besides the ironic fact you got a USA update BEFORE a France update, you also got free content, MULTIPLE POIs of the most iconic monuments/buildings in DC, and you’re still upset? You really need to re-think your priorities and show some thanks, especially this close to Thanksgiving.

14 Likes

I have very sunny skies northeast of DFW right now. So maybe it’s delayed a bit.

If it’s delayed shouldn’t it be cloudy and raining in the sim? I am starting to clear up here in Allen also. But the sim shows perfectly blue skies with no clouds at all.

You don’t need to move it. Just rename it like something like DisabledCommunity. The Sim will create a new empty Community folder when it starts up.

I can’t update the game. It download the same files again and again. Any tip? And if i close and reopen the game it skip the update procedure and directly open the game.

1 Like

when even your sim will leave you disappointed you will have little to laugh
so you will understand

1 Like

Wilimgton

And I have to go the sim again, looking good here

Sim 6.5-4.5 Google

2 Likes

Make sure you don’t have the bandwidth limited in the sim settings.