Discussion: World Update II: USA

I’ve seen this too. Not on all propeller aircraft though

Why does the Freedom Tower in NYC not exist in the 1.11.6.0 update. Just generic buildings at any graphic setting

They mentioned they are bringing a bunch of mask updates in December

2 Likes

Cool, thanks for the heads up. :+1:

It’s there for me, I’ve flown over Manhattan since the update, just got a noticeable loss in FPS over large cities since the update. Could be your connection or MSFS servers not streaming the photogrammetry at the time you were flying.

That said, I was hoping the USA update would improve Manhattan a little and I don’t see a single change. Don’t get me wrong most buildings look great, especially rh building I work in MetLife) but the Freedom Tower looks awful, and the Chrysler has some issues too. The freedom tower renders too dark, nearly black, and the smeared reflections of the glass look terrible and at the top the render its one solid ring. Just looks funky.

The Empire State Bldg and Lady Liberty are about the only landmarks with any detail or accuracy. All other buildings in Manhatten are generic. Is there any way to correct, maybe re-download? A patch from MSFS?

1 Like

Will you be issuing a Hotfix to reverse the changes to the Baron Autopilot ?
Update 7 has messed up the Autopilot which worked fine before this update. The AP is now “lazy”. It will not positively either acquire or follow a localiser on approach accurately.
I have sent a bug report to Zendesk.

Agreed. Photogrammetry doesnt work well for glass buildings at all, these needed to be modelled so that the refection’s actually work properly.

1 Like

This mirrored building in Panama City works well

Although now I think about it, this might be a POI and not PG

2 Likes

Yeah that definitely looks modeled as opposed to PG. But yeah that still looks much better.

Restart PC and Sim after each update. If that doesn’t work try removing community folder.

It was the same for me. I’m a day 1 flyer but only GA low and slow. 'Til today I’ve got no problems, no CTD, smooth updating, Hotas Warthog fully functional, Internet connection 100 mbt and so on. Since the last update I’ve got no 3D buildings anymore; only 2D or POIs (trees, bushes, runways etc without problems). My settings are always the same and I’ve emptied the rolling cache but no success. So I emptied the community folder (only one single mod, everything else official payware). Abracadabra: My buildings are back again. So I reloaded one payware after the other and everything was fine. The problem was my old mod “buildings-fix-dftLod”. If I have this in my community folder all 3D builings are gone. Perhaps it helps.

The only problem I have (better: I’ve noticed 'til today …) since the last update is the strange coastline cliffs/water (see images) and strange rivers/lakes with strange elevations. That’s definitely since last update. Does anybody have an advice?

2 Likes

They didn’t change the A/P, what they did is redo the math that calculates the control inputs and as they said in the Q & A, it does cause issues with the ILS and stuff. Next update (they are spacing them out more as to not rush them) I’m sure this’ll be addressed and the A/P generally should be much better

1 Like

Two steps forward…one step back…again ! If these mods were tested properly before release these constant c**kups would not happen. I flew the Baron around all the State capitals in Australia without problems, and now we have to wait for the next “update” to get back (with this aeroplane’s handling) from where we started. Grrrrrrrr !

1 Like

That’s why they are slowing down the update cycle

I don’t get the good looking Niagara Falls. My graphics settings are on High End. Horseshoe Falls are better than before the USA update but the American Falls are worse. Does anyone have an idea why they look like this.

This doesn’t look like photogrammetry but synthetic scenery. You might want to review your “Data” settings for this.

Thanks. That fixed the problem. I didn’t realize I had photogrammetry turned off.

I disagree.

“Solved” means it has been fixed/updated and will be included in the NEXT release.

If they have any kind of organizational structure:
“Accepted” means it was accepted and will be sent to review.
“Verified” means it has been verified as a bug and will be sent to be a tech/programmer.
“Denied” means they were not able to verify/reproduce the bug and was dropped.
“WIP” means it is Work in Progress" and assigned to a person to be fixed and will be fixed based on priorities.
“Completed” means it has been fixed and will be sent to be verified/approved/disapproved for a future release.

DevOps would be a good place to start if not.