Discussion: World Update III: United Kingdom

Perhaps a mod could remove it? One of those exclusion polygons maybe?

Another sacrifice on the xbox altar? I wish I am wrong.

Sorry, I thought I saw they were making it available with this update. It does cost.
Have to say I am so disappointed with London in the updates FS. It looks like the buildings are melting and large areas have no photogrammetry so just look flat. Some have suggested this is down to the servers being overloaded yesterday but I donā€™t believe that. Either the scenery is downloaded or it isnā€™t, it wouldnā€™t download all distorted like this. Itā€™s literally a post-apocalyptic London on show!

Sorry but youā€™ve taken that at over 2,000 feet, of course you canā€™t see how bad London looks! Yes FS is marketed at best being seen from about 1500 feet but letā€™s not pretend we havenā€™t got in a Cessna and flown at under 1000 feet and been amazed by the wonderful detail. Now, that detail has changed and London doesnā€™t look like itā€™s in lockdown but in meltdown!

2 Likes

I hope they release a hotfix for the ground effect (excessively low landing speed)ā€¦ and not have us wait for months similar to the terrain spikes.

Sacrificed in the quest for an equal experience across platforms? I have no issue with that as long as the PC is the platform the XBox version has to match, and not reduce the PC version to something the XBox can cope with.

It may be tin foil hat talk, but Iā€™ve already posted ā€œevidenceā€ where exactly this has happened from other developers, with console vendors I believe requesting that the PC version be hamstrung so as not to make the PS4, and XBox one versions of a certain game look bad.

When you factor in the UI, and the behaviour of the mouse look features, and negative mouse acceleration clearly geared to a console controller user, it makes you wonder, and worry.

1 Like

Looks a bit like Beirut after the harbour bomb went offā€¦

1 Like

I note in the release statement it refers to ā€œvisual and logical improvements to 85 more area airports.ā€ Does this mean in the UK and if so what airports?Thanks

I would imagine these would be the ā€œstarredā€ airports on the map screen, as well as the tinkered ones, with the other icon whose description evades me for the moment.

Photogrammetry just isnā€™t there yet, in terms of its effectiveness. In all honesty, the autogen looks far better and at least doesnā€™t render a post-apocalyptic world. It might not be accurate, but itā€™s neat and tidy - even as a ā€˜best-guessā€™ itā€™ll do for me. Iā€™ll leave photogrammetry off until itā€™s actually useful (and working).

6 Likes

Cambridge looked better than most I have seen, but as ever its best not to fly too low.

1 Like

Awesome, UK and Ireland updateā€¦Dublin STILL CTDsā€¦either with default OR payware scenery. Iā€™ve gone through all the tricks beforeā€¦nothing works.

Anyone noticed those somewhere else? this ones are between Nantes and Saint Nazaire.

Itā€™s all a bit underwhelming - we waited a longish time for the scenery updates and they wouldā€™ve better off putting efforts into fixing the core bugs. London is a right mess and the AI tweaks look crazy - for instance, thereā€™s now a full blown river ,south of Blackheath and the Naval College, flowing down Lee High Road into Lewisham which IRL is a hidden stream. Wasnā€™t there before. Even the White Cliffs of Dover, when they finally render, are now accompanied by the massive office blocks pretending to be Dover castle. For all the effort in creating POIs why not leave it to the modders who quite frankly seem better at it than Asobo.

6 Likes

Only tried Cambridge my original home town. Disappointing. Seems no difference. If Asobo you say you are enhancing a city then please do so:

1. tallest Cambridge building at the Addenbrookes hospital complex is the chimney, can be seen miles away - not there
  2. Iconic skyline of the largest (RC) church with its steeple been replaced by a Norman church.
  3. Not a sign of the very iconic old college buildings
  4. very difficult to see any changes at all
  5. Shame that the Marshalls regional airport within city limits has had no update

Yes I have downloaded the separate UK update and yes, I know this is a free download but still disappointing.

3 Likes

Cliffs of Mohar in Ireland have been butchered. They were much better looking before. And bing ground textures are lower quality. They were much sharper before the update.

5 Likes

Yep. Iā€™ve noticed these a few places, but canā€™t seem to remember where. They were definitely there pre-patch though.

1 Like

Itā€™s disappointing

Not for me it wasnā€™t. I work there, and other than the giant trees everywhere, it looked very good.

For heavenā€™s sake, thereā€™s only so much Asobo can do. Theyā€™re not going to pay the same attention and devote the same resources to every city/town. People need to tone down their expectations.

2 Likes