Discussion: World Update III: United Kingdom

We don’t disagree things should be done better, I’m rather p… off about the broken flight model. I’ve done several test flights with the Caravan which I’d expect Asobo should do. But they should sort that out and I agree they should hire better developers and testers when they’re not doing their job correct. But don’t throw away what goes right, right? :wink: If they decide to skip a few world updates, I’d bet we’d be more p… off because in the end we’d end up with no improvements at all.

2 Likes

I’ve flown the Caravan by the book. It’s broken.

1 Like

Kill the throttle 50 feet earlier and and switch autopilot off.
Not to much pitch up.

Yeah and it’s nothing to do with bandwidth. I had no problems with it before the latest world update. And I didn’t have much luck with sharpening either sadly. Its one step forward and two steps back with some of these updates.

1 Like

Relieved to read this post. I thought I was doing something wrong! Was trying to land on the newly updated island off shetland (name escapes me) and couldn’t get the plane to land in time before ran out of runway. Tried it in the docile 152 and she just wouldn’t land no matter how slow my approach speed was (42knots). Hopefully this will get fixed asap. Otherwise the sim is seriously hampered.

3 hours!!! I dream of a 3 hour update download :sleeping: Mine was 9 hours - but never mind, I was asleep - dreaming of a 3 hour download. :relaxed:

STILL have ‘fake’ roads / bridges spanning water that don’t exist in reality.

e.g. Go to Humber Bridge - to the East there is a fake road/fake bridge that spans the water for no good reason.

Usually you can create (or draw) a manual cache of your favourite area, and it will download all the photogrammetry scenery so it doesn’t rely on downloading while playing. That should cure your issues. However there is a bug at the moment that is preventing a lot of people myself included from using the manual cache method.

London is full of light bulbs suspended, is it a bug?
Furthermore it seems that is impossible to landing in the thames with the icon, do you have the same problems?
Thanks!

LOL, you would t like to be my age then. I remember back in the late 90’s when I used to download things that were 100mbs (no, not gbs, just mbs!) with a download speed of 4kbps if I was lucky! Used to set it going before I went to work and sometimes it was ready when I got home! :joy:

1 Like

Berlin looks pretty good though, unlike London. I can easily recognise the hotel I stayed in next to the Hbf the last time I was there and almost read the sign on the wall outside. Berlin looks wonderful, Straßen voraus :wink: (streets ahead) of London…

And why is it that I can fly low over Berlin smooth as you like, stutter free while London looks very poor in comparison and brings my frame rate down to just about unusable?

London is bad enough that I’m tempted to delete the UK photogrametry cities in content manager.

1 Like

Not having created the scenery myself, I can only guess that the data available was of lessor quality than Berlin. May also have something to do with the number of aircraft flying around London the last couple days. I can only imagine the server load. If it weren’t for the manual cache bug, this might actually be a great opportunity to test that out. Load all the data. Then go fly. Rather than trying to load it on the fly, along with 50,000 others. :wink:

I think the floating lightbulbs are for street lights. They probably purposely didn’t give them a 3d model because it would absolutely demolish frame rates in cities if they did, plus the models would be invisible for 99% of people’s flights. Waste of precious resources :nerd_face:. So I don’t think this is a bug but intentional, and it’s been that way since day 1 I think.

4 Likes

Seriously what are you doing about the download speeds?? This is utterly pathetic, lesss than 5Mb on a 500Mb connection.

Who are you asking?
You are aware that this is merely a community of users?
Asobo/Microsoft do not live here.
I understand your concern but you would be better served by posting a ticket on Zendesk (the OFFICIAL bug reporting system).

Marketplace and World Update 3 is still not downloading/starting. Markeplace grayed out, not available. In account settings the automatic server search is still circling, without finding any connection. Did all the troubleshooting options (rolling cache, community folder, restart of pc, network and router, not antivirus issues, no firewall issues). What’s going on here?
That’s very disgusting :frowning:

Can someone please point me to the real solution?

I’m from germany …

Thank you very much!

no, they are not, i lived there for 40 years, there are no towers or tall buildings in those vicinities… the pics dont show it well but the orbs are EVERYWHERE… they seem to street lights etc that are copied and stuck 100ft in the air… its a glitch.
these street lights dont exist in reality… similar to marcos post above but in my case, they are doubled high above too

Can you manually cache central London so you can experience not in maximum quality without worrying about server load?

then stop complaining pls too.

agree, something is weird there, have you seen venice,its gorgeous…so not sure why
London cannot be like that.