Discussion: World Update III: United Kingdom

A pity as it seems to be working for myself and others. The problem appears to be only with your particular computer and software installation. It seems the DVD version is not the best option.

Hi everyone!!!
I’m having some troubles with photogrammetry as I can only see those big box buildings (default ones) all around UK, tried ULTRA-HIGH-Medium everything but I see nothing but default biuldings

Have You deleted your cache and community folder before the update? If not, do it now clear cache in the msfs settings menu, shut down msfs clear comminity folder and Start again

Yep, it’s the Elizabeth Tower, but pretty much everyone calls it Big Ben. :smile:

1 Like

Hi, welcome to the forum :grinning:
photogrammetry is only in certain locations in the update, central london for example… not everywhere… tbh photogrammetry is not very good anyway…looks pretty awful IMO
Fly around the thames tourist area, london eye etc, you will see it,

1 Like

My first visits to London after the UK update were disappointing, the scenery looked dark and melted, everything looked black and burnt like the aftermath of the Great Fire of London. There were dozens of other aircraft buzzing around also.

BUT… I was up early this morning, around 5am UK time, and I went for another looked. There were very few other planes in the area and there was a significant improvement in appearance. Everything looked brighter and clearer, even at low level there was much less obvious melted appearance, often none at all, and even then as I got closer to buildings they sharpened up. The only really jarring thing was some tall construction cranes on top of tall building that were completely distorted and over scaled.

I did get occasional warning messages about inadequate bandwidth. My DSL Internet connection is not fast, but generally stable at around 14 Mbps. I think a large part of the problems with photogrammetry are down to bandwidth, being a combination of ISP speed and the ability of MS servers to stream content, especially when a large number of people are all in the same vicinity at the same time. The quality of service is also probably affected by where you are in the world and which MS server you are connecting to.

Of course high end gaming computers with the latest CPUs and GPUs must help, but I don’t have the budget for a $5000 computer.

1 Like

@ AviatorDown8227

I take your point, im unsure exactly how much MSFS and photogrammetry is dependant on your internet connection and bandwidth… its a bit of a mystery to me :crazy_face: im sure in time, it will all be sorted out… i will try London again at different times thanks :+1:

Nope but the house on the taxi is a problem

Who put that there at EGCC

2 Likes

:joy: :rofl: :man_shrugging:

Brilliant post. Totally agree.

For those who are complaining about objects detail below 1000 ft or 5000ft I understand a major announcement will be taking place soon announcing a ';

‘Walking Simulator’’

it will be interesting to see how they get the length of grass correct outside your house.

2 Likes

@FlashedUnicorn1

Already available … streetview :joy::joy::joy:

I totally agree … a lot of “detail” complaints are totally out of proportion.

Personally i also do not understand a 4gb airport like padderborn. Even moddeled chairs … like everybody is going to sit on those all day in a sim ( but eats framerate where people are complaining about !! )

So now we have the blah blah castle … i flew over it once … perhaps twice … and then what ? Are people realy flying 4 hours a day up and down the cliffs of dover ??? And if not … must asobo spent dozens of hours moddeling that untill its perfect ?

Do not get me wrong … the more detail the better … but we must be realistic … you can not make everything picture perfect on a simple home computer with a € 129 game !!

I have been in a real 737 sim … cost millions … but the graphics are horrible. But on a home PC with a € 129 game … the graphics must be spot on … the planes all study level … and the weather must be perfect … and every local church must be moddeled worldwide etc etc

And you now can PERFECTLY fly VFR worldwide with no issue at all !! And looks beautiful at 1000 ft as a bonus …

I mean i can fly over my house !!! I can see it. And sure … its not moddeled like mine because its AI … so what ? I can recognize … and FLY over it because i’m playing a game … if i want to look at my house i will go and stand in my garden !!

Use google maps and streetview … but then the complainers will complain the pictures are out of date and not refreshed on a daily basis !!!

8 Likes

I agree with you for 100% on your statement concerning the flight dynamics.
After the last update the A320 flight dynamics gone back a lot.
Landing is much more difficult, because the plane want’s to fly and not to land.
It hoovers above the ground and want to go up and not go down. I have to pich it to the ground. I try to cutoff the throttle 100 feet above the ground, but still have to pitch it down to get it on the ground.

2 Likes

@AppliedPython94 you think moddeled chairs are excessive? There is an addon airport with moddeled cake in the cafe display :joy: I think some modders and getting way too in depth. This is a flight sim, we need good aircraft physics, realistic (or at least better) ATC and no CTD’s every 20 mins

2 Likes

Dispite doing all of that, the White Cliffs at Dover still aren’t visible to me…

Fly closer…much closer.

Manual caching was the solution I used to apply for photogrammetry areas to overcome server load and low bandwidth issues. Unfortunately in the December update Asobo broken the manual cache interface so it’s not possible to cache new regions anymore, old regions cached already (e.g. Copenhagen) were discarded by World Update 3 (UK).

Yeah, that awful “pop up” …

Sure I did this - many times. Removed all cache data, moved cache directory to other disk/directory. Nothing helped to get the marketplace available again. I think it’s the server connection issue because my account also doesn’t shows my avatar and the automatic server search don’t stops and founds a server in Europe/Germany.

If there’s a config file for the servers, please point me to it and tell me how to configure these servers to connect again properly.

Thank you again.

Actually the white cliffs of Dover look pretty weak until you get very close to them. Once you are close enough they look great. Are others finding this?

after this update, content manager is BROKEN. the whole app stuck right after any download. you try to download something, it looks like it is being downloaded, and then when it looks like download is complete, the whole app is FROZEN. nothing works. flight simulator just hangs and that’s all. I don’t know if download succeeded or not.

NO way to download all those new packages, or update existing ones.
NO way to download anything

please fix content manager ASAP

1 Like