Discussion: World Update III: United Kingdom

Did you sort your flashing headset out?

Not yet. Iā€™m hearing that the likely culprit is an update to the beta version of Oculus software that occurred yesterday. Some are suggesting opting out of the beta version but I had issues before going to the beta version so Iā€™m uncertain about doing that. Might try it and see what happens. Remember when all we had to worry about was flying the plane?

I was born here (62 years), and yes there are IRL some low level obstruction attached to those lights. Theres a flurry of them out by Northfield / 271 as well, there are 3 or 4 along lakeland blvd that should be there. But theres nothing attached to them thats all it is. Just like the roads surfaces are 1 meter to low (approx) and the water levels are 2 meters to high. If you look in FSX youā€™ll see there there too, but they have towerā€™s etc attached to them.

Just opted out of the Oculus beta and now my VR experience is back the way is was previously. Very happy.

1 Like

Thatā€™s been there since the beginning, Iā€™ve gotten really good at avoiding it too :sunglasses: :joy:! Even at night when you canā€™t see it cause most airports donā€™t have much in the form of lighting.

I guess thatā€™s one solution for having airport personel work from home :smiley:

you were born where ? theres no " Lakeland Blvd" in Scotland mate

Iā€™m not so sure about the spikes, I passed a place in the Brecon beacons, I was flying straight from Llanbedr to Cardiff, that looked like a spongecake as the knife makes the first cutā€¦Central Wales looks better though.

Try taking the Caravan to about 50-60% throttle, hit pause for about two minutes (Send your girlfriend a messageā€¦ :wink: ) then unpauseā€¦ The caravan takes of like a Grravel. Seriously high rate of climb and only using 50 yds of runwayā€¦

Good to hear

your point:
ā€œAreas where houses are missing. Both Autogen and photogrammetry, where there were houses before. The ortho clearly shows where the building is supposed to be, where it once was, and now nothing.ā€
Yes, my house is gone and so are the neighbours. There are many gaps. No real show stopper but noticable.
But I do have a concern with the London scenery. The new photo scenery. Does everybody have these ā€˜flatā€™ areas between landmarks?
I have no additional scenery or mods. but run high end.

2 Likes

I had the same issue. Clearing cache solved the ptoblem.

I wish so much all of the Ireland and UK Coastlines would look that awesome like Out Skerriesā€¦ :neutral_face:

3 Likes

If I am not mistaken in the late 90ā€™s I was still on Dial Up :roll_eyes: It is a sure fire fact though that the UK hasnā€™t moved forward far and is still in the Digital Dark Age. There are folks in central London who still canā€™t get 10Mbps and here in rural Wales Iā€™m struggling to get 7 Meg consistently.

Now, thereā€™s another dream - to be your age again :joy:

ROFL wrong country I thought we were talking about Cleveland Ohio USAā€¦

No issues with the Bredon at all. No ground effect .seems it has its own flight dynamics. Been using that more than the nx. And good on frames!!

Yeah, Rob those were fun times, huh? 28k direct coupled acoustic modems for dial-up connectivity over the telephone lines, common names like U.S. Robotics, ProComm, KayPro, Radio Shack TRS-80, Apple II.

I bought an Apple II back in 1979 and that was all the start that I needed. Have been ā€œhookedā€ ever since.

If you lived it, youā€™ll never forget it! Itā€™s nice to see others who began this journey from the beginning, I think.

For me, it seems to have led to much less frustration and greater patience with Microsoft, ASOBO and the entire MSFS evolutionary process, because I know that some day todayā€™s generations will look back on these days as fondly and memorably as we do the 80s and 90s. :wink: I hopeā€¦

Yes I was on dialup then for sure. As for Uk being in the dark ages, you have got to be kidding. I have a 350Mbps connection through Virgin Media and the UK has as high as anywhere in Europe and higher than most. Yes, some places out in the sticks only have fairly slow rates but that certainly isnā€™t the case in towns and cities. I can remember those slow dialup days but I sure as heck donā€™t miss them LOL. :joy:

2 Likes

Youā€™re not kidding, and believe it or not I was BAME led by the speed when I for a 56k modem! I started at the beginning of the internet pretty much, and my first modem was a 1.2kbps modem, I then (eventually) went up to a 14.4kbps before feeling Iā€™d died and gone to Heaven with a 56kbps modem. On my first modem, I literally had to type in the long and complicated code (I was still on a DOS connection, not Windows!) to sign into Dorset Internet. It did all the bussing and beeping before deciding whether it was happy or not. It took anywhere between 10 and 30 minutes to get a solid connectionā€¦ and if someone decided to phone me, that was the connection lost and had to start again!
Oh such fun days LOL :joy:

1 Like

I have the same problem and I donā€™t use cache at all. I donā€™t know how to get ride of such flat gaps.

LOL You mean you couldnā€™t stop at the shortest commercial runway in the world - the 370 meter Out Skerries dirt landing strip - that runway? :wink:

1 Like