Discussion: World Update III: United Kingdom

Orbx London Landmarks is in the marketplace, but there was a known issue about this product conflicting with World Update 3 which is clearly stated in the patch notes.

having some issues with this update - can see the UK update in my market place to buy
however my “buy” buttons are greyed out - (note many users (myself included) have have had historical issues getting steam overlay working with MSFS so it seems have “failed” purchases on their market place account)- seems the accounts need to cleared first before the “buy” button works again)- how can I resolve this issue? - note have a work around to get my steam overlay working now so just need the buy button to start working again…?

yes, dont buy it, i had to uninstall it, i had 2 London eyes etc… only bought it recently… money down the drain… thing is MS obviously knew they were going put all this stuff in the update, so the London scenery pack should have been taken off the marketplace a month ago !
i feel kind of ripped off there… :frowning_face:

1 Like

Orbx are already working on a free update to London Landmarks to work with the new London photogrammetry in World Update 3. No need to feel ripped off :wink:

1 Like

we will see… theres already too much stuff crammed into the latest update where london is concerned … maybe they will add unicorns and fairies ?

1 Like

3 hours into the first flight since update amd broadly very impressed. No mods added yet, so early days, but a big improvement for me at least

was that before or after you walked a mile in the snow?

Because we walked 5 miles in the snow!

And we liked it!

1 Like

The most important thing about the world updates is new data which nobody seems to understand.

1 Like

I had a 48" wingspan biplane with a K&B .35 and a Mainstream Gem 4 channel R/C.

Before electronic calculators.

at least you had Shoes ! :crazy_face:

you are probably right… i dont understand… care to elaborate ? cheers

1 Like

UFO’s are real , now also in MSFS 2020 :joy:!

1 Like

One UFO flew over my house and yes i saw him out of my window… :smiley: :smiley:

It’s the DEM (elevation map) and aerials which are the base of everything. With the UK update came 0.5 to 2 m DEM as well as aerials with 0.25 m resolution. To compare the average satellite imagery only gives you around 3m resolution. Another big addition is are the region specific building types that make for a much more authentic look. The points of interests are not really the highlight of the update as they only make a very small difference visually even though they added 73 which is a huge number. You would have to do about 500 POI for it to make a big overall difference and we should all know that’s not gonna happen. They should stop highlighting the POIs as they are not the highlight. I hope you guys learned something from this.

2 Likes

:rofl: i assume English is not your native language ?
BTW thanks for the info…

The new DEM is great sure, there have been some obvious improvements. Not sure about the new aerial imagery though. The places I have flown so far - Suffolk and Cambridgeshire (including around Cambridge which is a new PG city) is still using aerial imagery that is years old and of a poor resolution. The work on the A14 is still not completed for example in MSFS whereas you can see even on Google maps that new imagery exists since it has been completed, and at higher resolution than what Bing and MSFS is using. Perhaps some areas of the UK have updated imagery, which parts out of interest?

Anyway, I have been enjoying the update a lot. I’m certainly not in the camp here that wants to moan about everything. I like the new building types, there seem to be some subtle changes that have made towns and cities seem that much more natural, I like seeing the farm buildings and also the churches. And some of the airports have had subtle but nice improvements, even if the MSFS nav data is still poor.

1 Like

On many airports I have minefield after update.

I can see a large tent in our garden at work that was last erected in summer 2019 I think.

I had this issue, the culprit was the Thames water fix from early in the sim lifecycle, removing that fixed the problem.

try updating using the microsoft store