Discussion: World Update III: United Kingdom

All in all, i agree… i was better before… now it is just a P.I.T.A.

I had some scenery anomalities, mountains almost as bad as the spikes that were fixed just SE of Blackpool. I am not sure if they were caused by the sim or the freeware add-ons I have for the area. I need to check that again with just the vanilla sim.

How is that area for others?

REMOVE any mods to fix spikes etc
mapamundi glitch fix in particular

1 Like

Ok, testing-weekend is over! After nearly 3 days of testing World Update III here are my thoughts. Installation went fine, no problems at all. Test flight: Gatwick – South Coast – Cornwall – Wales – Lake District – Newcastle. Framerate about 30-40 FPS with a mediocre system (i7-4790, 32 GB RAM, GTX 1070, 2TB SSD, Hotas Warthog, LittleNavMap via tablet, 100MBit glassfiber). No stutters, no CTD. What a wonderful world! Flying low and slow about 1.000 feet above ground the sight is stunning, you can see sheep at the meadows and caravans on campgrounds. Ok, some cliffs develop shortly before arriving there. I only fly GA but I can say that my Cessnas show no different behaviour than before the update. I don’t have any freeware mods but everything works fine with Orbx EGNT (or my home airport EDDM from Sim-Wings). I’ve disabled Orbx London City Pack of course.

The only problem so far is PG. I have to wait or fly up and down until Oxford and Cambridge don’t look like attacked by Marsians (yes, after clearing cache and so on …). I hope that’s because of the server load and will be getting better with time. No such issues at my hometown Munich, where I can clearly see my house (with balcony and umbrella) and the Hofbräuhaus with sharp contours (obviously the Marsians haven’t heard about Munich yet).

So I will say Asobo you’ve done a marvelous job! I’ve paid about 100 € and I can have a beautiful interactive window to the whole world, that’s closed in reality. And this is only the beginning! Keep on going and – may I say this at the end – don’t forget Italy and the Alps …

7 Likes

Don’t you have problems with landing your aircraft?
It look like there is more uplift above the runway when landing with max. flaps extension after the latest update.

I only can talk about the Cessnas. I’ve landed at about 30 or so long and short runways with flaps fully extended and throttle nearly cut. No, I don’t notice any difference.

Not anymore… I have developed it Thames Barrier • Flight Simulator 2020

I have this problem with the A320.
There is clearly a diference between for and after the latest update.

To add to a previous post my opinion on the UK update…for what its worth. On the whole its … well done Asobo…as far as it goes. The main issue for me is that the Photogrammetry is just not good eneugh, just as it was inadequate in the USA update. So I have turned it off and it will stay off. My strategy is to use the Bing Data and rely on the hand drawn features, which in this update are superb. The community scenery designers are busy adding missing features already and I for one applaud and am grateful for their efforts. I must learn how to import the objects and features that are important to me, if I can get my head around the SDK… which is by no means certain !

Thanks a lot…that was quick !

Re the ORBX London conflict…who is fixing it ? ORBX or ASOBO ?

It bugged me so I had to make it… didnt take too long… I have also filled in the missing areas for the London Olympic Park

1 Like

Issue : Cessna Citation Longitude anyone else able to move the pilots view so they’re looking out of the aircraft from behind the cockpit, or even above it? Slightly odd to be looking at the tail of the plane with no additional fuselage, just a few windows, some wheels and the wings…

Oh, and joy of joy it’s always sunny in the UK now, in fact it’s always sunny everywhere it seems, as even if it’s raining at my house when I fly over it… with Live Weather… it’s sunny… I knew reality was lying to me.

People knew from day one that at some point in time the scenery would become better. If you bought a scenery pack you basically knew what you were doing. If the UK update was to be released in 2022 you’d be enjoying your package. Don’t whine about it, accept your loss.

1 Like

I don‘t see a rip-off here. After all we‘ve known about the UK update since December and about the photogrammetry coverage for about a month. If I buy an addon knowing that it might be obsolete in a few weeks it‘s kind of my fault. That‘s why I didn’t buy Paris. And in this particular case it won’t even be obsolete as Orbx are going to release a free update in a few days. I‘m sure this will be a considerable improvement over the current photogrammetry.

1 Like

Quite the opposite. You now even have the choice between Orbx London Landmarks or Asobo’s World Update 3. Both together are not possible, but you can now choose. Compare the two versions and simply uninstall the unwanted package in the Content Manager. This is really no cause for complaint.

You may remember that some people went out to buy 2080 Ti’s mere weeks before the 3000 series were released.

Orbx is in process of fixing.

Don’t hold you breath, some of Orbx’s own products have had bugs since launch close to six months ago and still not fixed.

It`s official, less than a week fix. Go see the forum at ORBX.

1 Like