Discussion: World Update III: United Kingdom

Yes I have issues

If all the UK was not being updated or as has happened a few random POI’s added then it should have been a London update.

Elsewhere a few POI’s have been added but they are of very poor quality

It is NOT a UK and Ireland update it is barely a London update.

Either do the job properly or not at all

As it is the developers would imo be far better tadked fixing the bugs like an ATC that refers to actuals and not fantasy

2 Likes

The updates are not about just the POI’s. The entire surface was updated too.

4 Likes

Same here, I have a ‘modest ‘ set up… Ryzen 7, RX5700, 16Gb and yet places like New York and Tokyo are absolutely sublime at my usual 1440p resolution but London!! Oh my, it’s pretty bad no matter how many times I fly over it to let the scenery load in, something is not right somewhere

1 Like

Hmm, detecting that the problem may well be bandwidth related - some okay others clearly not. Because of all the hype London is probably getting lots and lots of hits - even I have made a “special journey” to have a look and there were lots of aircraft buzzing about, far more than I’ve ever seen anywhere else. That surely must put a little strain on the servers?

Anyway, I’ve currently uninstalled my copy of the Orbx product and will wait to see what they come up with before deciding further. Meanwhile I think the rest of the UK is looking really good, to me looks much better.

Edit - there’s a post in the “What Have You Done Today” thread with some good benchmarking research. It would seem to ratify my opinion.

1 Like

Simply because i enjoyed the ORBX london package for it’s superb performance and good looks, both things the new update simply doesn’t bring to my pc…

does not matter now, London is knackered for me since the update… WAY too many POIs etc crammed into it… my system no longer runs it in VR … was fine before the update :man_shrugging:

1 Like

When the new version from ORBX comes out soon, it automatically deactivates the asobo updated landmarks…

It’s not normal. New York and Tokyo were both looking far better before update 3 (haven’t checked them in detail since) than London currently is.

The reasons for London looking worse are either that the photogrammetry hasn’t been processed very well, or network issues are preventing the highest detail models being loaded in time to be displayed. Or a combination of the two.

1 Like

Is this with photogrammetry on or off? The POIs really shouldn’t be an issue in terms of performance, none of them appear excessively detailed.

It’s definitely not right.
I have been on other places and there the photogrammertly was oké.
I hope that Asobo do something about it in the next update, but i think that it will take a bit longer. :frowning_face:

it is very similar to google earth VR etc.

yep its turned off.

Are you sure about that - not wishing of course to question your sources. But I’m sure I’ve seen somewhere that having the Orbx London City pack installed along with the UK Update causes problems such as double images etc.

If true I’ll leave the photogrammetry on - was seriously thinking of turning it off but then I’d lose other places that work much better than London.

1 Like

London is pretty much unflyable for me now, sadly. Turning PG off entirely returns me close to the performance I got before WU3.

Oddly, I tried a few other places and KLAX is also giving me poor performance. I didn’t try it without PG last time I was there. Nothing to do with the UK update, but perhaps something more in general with the new update.

According to the map there are loads of POIs outside London. In fact, this update added many more than the US update. And, as others have stated before, it’s not only about POIs. They also added new imagery, mesh, and procedural building types (eg churches). Of course it could always be more, but this has probably been the most comprehensive update so far.

1 Like

I am going out on a limb here…
Do you reside in the UK?

The quality of the POI’s outside London is very poor

Liverpools waterfront buildings bear one resemblance to actuality

Newcastles’s iconic Bridge is out of context with what the actuals are.

The list goes on and on.

We know we live in the UK and physically have been to these locations, heck I have flown over many.

i think its a garbage “update”
i was much happier with the sim before it happened.

Can’t tell you why, but after datamining this and other forums for the last week, I have seen a significant spike in CTD and login issues plaguing UK users. It appears users in NA are experiencing far fewer of the same problems. The %'s are becoming startling. It’s almost as though UK ISP’s are throttling you guys into submission. (just being cheeky, but there is a serious UK internet issue)

3 Likes

It is possible, but there seems to be some correlation to specific ISPs as well. (prefer not to specify as the evidence is purely anecdotal at this point)
Care to share…