DISLIKE: movable windows

The windows (moving map, ATC aso) penetrate the three-dimensional cockpit environment … lucky me I don’t get sick but I really had to get used to that. I would suggest to make the following cockpit structures …

You can grab these windows in vr with the mouse and move them. If you use your mouse wheel while you have it “grabbed”, you can shrink them and bring them closer, smaller and into the cockpit with you. I usually take the ATC window and put it on the yoke. I like to take the moving map and shrink it down and… with some fiddling, I can get it to right about where my thigh would be so I can just look down at it.

That’s correct, but if I put it ‘on’ the copilots seat, most times it pierces the seat and looks like it was a negative hologram within the seat. I as well can’t put it next to me inside the canopy … it moves to the outside of the canopy, above the wing …

I would hope it could be attached to surfaces …

The top of the window is grabbed by the mouse. The bottom… pretend it’s tied to a string attached to your nose. By moving the mouse AND your face to the angle you want, you can absolutely line it up with whatever surface you want. It might take a wee bit of contorting but it does work.

1 Like

oh … that sounds interesting … need to give it a try :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.